Wow! Does FW really sell out this fast??

WDWBarb

I need a vacation.
I was on the phone with CRO this a.m. checking out hotel prices (really hoping for a return trip soon!) and I inquired about FW and what availability would be for my parents and their new RV. She told me that FW fills up a year in advance!! Oh my gosh - I almost fell over. I was hoping to convince my folks that they need to add WDW and FW to their agenda but I didn't know they'd have to plan this far out? :confused3

Ok, I was also hoping that we could tag along :rotfl:

I don't know much about RV's or motorhomes but I do know that theirs is big (like HUGE - Class A, 40 feet, I believe they said?). She said that the "pull throughs" are even more difficult to reserve.

Can someone tell me if this is maybe a slight exaggeration or do they really need to reserve this far in advance? Or is it totally dependant on the time of year (she also said that they are already booking for Christmas 2008!)?

Ya'll make FW sound so nice that I was kind of hoping to visit soon!! ;)

There are only 2 pull-thru sites in FW, so they could be very difficult to get (though I often see them empty).

If you are flexible about when you want to go, you can often get reservations closer in. If you want to go on weekends or during the popular times, then yes, you need to plan ahead. Spring break, Christmas, Thanksgiving, July 4th--plan about a year ahead.

I know it was recommended that we make are reservations at least a year in advance. That being said this past March we made reservations for over July 4th, 2008, we also need a pet loop. The CM that made the reservation made it for July 4th of 2007, luckily I checked the dates when we received the reservation. I was surprised that there was a pet loop available over July 4th of this year.

It's not that difficult. That is unless you are planning on going during one of the holidays or have special requests (large site, preferred loop, etc.). For example, in 2005 I booked a July/August trip in late June of the same year. We made our July/August 2007 reservations about 4 or 5 weeks ago. So for the last two trips we have planned, the reservations have only been made 2-3 months in advance and there have never been problems. In fact, on each trip there have been several empty sites.

However, I would make reservations as far in advance as possible for planned trips. The only reason that I have postponed getting reservations is because they were both "last-minute" trips. Still, I don't think 1 year is necessary.

For the parents? Call, book a trip, go, enjoy!!!

I think that it was a little exageration on the CM's part. We decided last weekend to go back to WDW in a few weeks and had no trouble getting our FW reservations. We were able to book on-line and even got a preferred site. I would try again if I were you. It just depends on who you talk to. Also, if you don't get exactly what you want the first time, keep calling back. You will get it if you are persistant enough.

There are guests who go for months at a time to FW - so certain dates get booked ahead (October through March). But I don't think most of those guests are booking 18 months ahead (maybe some, but not the average goer).

There are guests who go for months at a time to FW - so certain dates get booked ahead (October through March). But I don't think most of those guests are booking 18 months ahead (maybe some, but not the average goer).

Is there any kind of monthly rate for FW? Or does it feel up when the non peak season hits and the price drops? Just curious!

Thanks!
Mousebrain
:hippie:

I booked last week for a trip to begin on January 1, 2008.

Is there any kind of monthly rate for FW? Or does it feel up when the non peak season hits and the price drops? Just curious!

Thanks!
Mousebrain
:hippie:

When I worked at DRC, I thought there was - but I asked an RV owner this past year and they said no. I do know they used to get cards in the mail ahead, to reserve. I don't know if they get that now.

There is one couple who are there like 6 months of the year, they are the ones with the best Christmas/Halloween/Valentines Day, etc. decorations.

I booked 2 weeks ago for a cabin with an AAA rate the week after Thanksgiving, no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter