Wow, could the Fort really be filled in early November?

kazlac4

DIS Veteran
We have a ressie during the first 2 weeks of November 2010 (site only at this time). I went into our local AAA office yesterday for other business and figured I would see while there what might be best deal I could get with tickets/dining. When the rep put my dates in the computer she said it was a good thing I had them already because Fort was filled at that time. I was really surpised to hear that because we were there the same time last year and it seemed actually pretty quiet during the week. Anyway, this morning I put the dates (11/04 to 11/15) and, yes, it states there are no options available for those dates. I guess Disney is looking forward to a profitable year. (Maybe some Disney big-wig will agree that it's time to enlarge the RC area into more campsites:thumbsup2

The campgrounds block off sites for the guests that stay for 3, 4, etc., months a time. At that time of year, you sometimes have to make reservations for a month at a time and then call back and cancel what you don't want. Seems kinda of silly to me.:hmghost:

It's possible, although Fort reservations are a strange and not always accurate thing. I'd bet if you keep trying - or try the ol' "reserve a big block of days then cancel" strategy - you could probably get in.

We're there the last 3 weeks of November this year and reserved right at the 499 mark because we'll be there over Thanksgiving.

Last year we were there Nov 1-20 and the Fort was never close to completely full. In fact that last week the place was a ghost town!

I just checked availability, and full, preferred and premium sites are all available if you book 11/1 through 11/31. Then, as mentioned above, call back and cancel the extra days.

ShantaClausSm.png

I have been checking everyday hoping for a miracle and kept coming back nothing available. I am so glad to read this. We wont know for sure if we can make Nov. until the end of the month. I really really really hope it works out. We love Ft. Wilderness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter