would your home cost more or less now than when you bought it?

I bought my house in 1983 so I would say a lot more.

Same here. Currently about 5 times what I paid for it.
My area has had an explosion in prices. My house would sell for 8-10 times what I paid. Especially after the work I have had done but I have seen houses that need a LOT of work selling for $250-300 thousand. I don't know how my grandkids will ever afford to buy.

My area has had an explosion in prices. My house would sell for 8-10 times what I paid. Especially after the work I have had done but I have seen houses that need a LOT of work selling for $250-300 thousand. I don't know how my grandkids will ever afford to buy.
Well, while home sales have slowed, they are still selling at those prices, and often to young people, so they figure a way out how to do it.

More of course. Have never seen house prices go down in my city.
And I’ve been a home owner for 30 years.

A lot more. The market is softening, but we could probably still get 2.5 times what we bought it for and put into it. Problem is, we'd have to spend that much on a different place and would pay triple the taxes - se we are not going anywhere...yet.

Definitely more. My husband bought our house for 10 grand back in 1979, before I knew him. It was definitely a fixer upper.

Well, we've only been here 3 months, but here's to hoping it would be more, since we just put $35,000 into a reno.

Bought in 2019 — definitely more, even with high interest rates. Bay Area is always crazy.

I don’t know how it could be less. Ours is about 3.5 x more. Our market is still good and we plan on selling this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter