Would you write a complaint letter or not?

Did you tell them about the leak? I'm wondering because that's an issue that can cause problems for the structure of the cabin if it is allowed to continue for too long.

I was actually thinking that the soft floor in the shower (tub?) could somehow be related.

In any case, management should be made aware of it so they can fix it, even if it doesn't bother you. :)

Gillian said:
Did you tell them about the leak? I'm wondering because that's an issue that can cause problems for the structure of the cabin if it is allowed to continue for too long.

I was actually thinking that the soft floor in the shower (tub?) could somehow be related.

In any case, management should be made aware of it so they can fix it, even if it doesn't bother you. :)

Yes, we did tell them about the leak & I will make another call regarding it before we leave.

They did come to check our picnic table last night at about 9 p.m. It still has not been replaced. :(

We check out tomorrow.........we'll see what happens.

Are you in 2229 by any chance? We checked out of that cabin on 2/22/06 and had no remote for the bedroom and also noticed water on the floor. The remote didnt bother us. And we figured out that it is a lamonate floor and when housekeeping mopped the water got under the "wood". When you walked on it, it came up. We just learned to not wear socks only near the kitchen sink area. The picnic table was very worn, paint peeling, etc but we are easy to please and just enjoyed so much about our first trip to the cabins, that we weren't bothered. We miss pur "home" and can't wait to go back.

Let's put this into perspective. Put yourself in another family's place: You're from Pennsyvania on vacation and your four year old dies on Mission Space.

Things could be worse than what is going on right now. I am buried under a foot of snow. Enjoy your vacation and bless your lucky stars that you're in WDW. Life is too short to worry, be happy.

Jan

All those things seem pretty minor to me. And if you thought they were too minor to move cabins, which i'm sure Disney would accommodate, then why have they become such major issues on your post? Lighten up and don't concentrate on a few "minor" issues, have a great time your at the happiest place on earth. I wish I was having your problems right now, at least I would be at Disney. Have a great time and dont sweat the small stuff. :)

Here's a post from me hoping that this morning brings wonderful times for you and your family at WDW and beautiful Florida Sunshine!

Have a great day and enjoy the parks and the sun. Wish I was there. It is 4 degrees here and although the sun is beautiful it's still pretty cold.

Have a wonderful time.

Jan pixiedust:

wdwlover54 said:
Are you in 2229 by any chance?

No, we were in 2762. I noticed last night that I believe the water coming from the fridge was actually the bathtub leaking underneath somewhere. I was in the bathroom while one of my DD's was in the shower & noticed water around the bottom edge of the tub. The curtain was closed correctly & water was not dripping down the sides of the tub, so I have a feeling it could have been a leak in the drain or something. This would also make sense considering where I saw what looked like water damage on the wall in the hallway.

All those things seem pretty minor to me. And if you thought they were too minor to move cabins, which i'm sure Disney would accommodate, then why have they become such major issues on your post? Lighten up and don't concentrate on a few "minor" issues, have a great time your at the happiest place on earth. I wish I was having your problems right now, at least I would be at Disney. Have a great time and dont sweat the small stuff.

You are absolutely correct, they all were minor - that's why I would never let it ruin my vacation. However, I am a frequent visitor, stockholder, AP holder & DVC member. Disney prides itself in their top notch service & accommodations & I feel if things aren't that way it should be reported. If it's not reported then nothing can be done to correct it.

Some of the things are just plain oversights & easily corrected. But.....how would a housekeeper know that the shower is possibly leaking unless she has it running for a long time. That's why I reported it to the front desk.

Now, on a lighter note - we forget to take our privacy sign off our door yesterday & didn't get service again through our own fault. :rolleyes: Oh well - we had to make our beds when we got back but we did get clean towels & fresh soap though!

For the kind of money you are paying for those cabins..I'd complain. I am not an unreasonable person..but there is no reason your cabin should have a leaky wet floor..or a soft floor in the shower..or an old picnic table. You should be able to walk around in your socks and not worry about stepping in a puddle.
A number of years ago we were at the Beach Club..and just wasn't happy with the hotel. We had spent 5 days the Wilderness Lodge..and then were to spend 5 days at the Beach Club..although perfectly lovely.. it wasn't our thing..for a variety of reason..one of which was the room was about two miles from the lobby. I called Central Reservations..trying to get moved back to the WL. The castmember instructed me to go to the manager of the Beach Club..explain our situation. She said to me that while I was a guest there..it was their job to make sure we were as happy as they could make us. If there was a need or desire for a change they would surely accomodate us if at all possible. I tell you, I felt a little funny..but did as she instructed. They could not have been nicer. They transferred us back to the Wilderness Lodge..and didn't make us feel bad or uncomfortable about it. Seems the manager was able to secure us a room that Central reservations was not able to do. I was so grateful that this reservationist shared this information with me.
As for the cabins...we went to them when they were the "trailers" back in the 90's. The first one we had..was not clean..and was not one of the renovated ones..which I had asked for when making our reservations. We simply asked to be moved to clean one..and then it did turn out to be a refurbished one also. The price of the cabins is that of a deluxe hotel..you should be in a clean...well mainted accomodation. While that should be the case no matter what the room grade...it is especially irritating when you are paying all that extra money..and not getting any extras. As your vacation is now over..I suppose I would write a letter..you have nothing to loose. But as many have mentioned..I would have asked for different accomodations on day 1. I am surprised when you complained that they didn't offer you an alternate cabin at that point. I hope things haven't changed that much. You are a good sport keeping such a positive attitude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter