Would you write a complaint letter or not?

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
We are in WDW right now, staying in the FW cabins. Upon arriving we had to call to get a remote for one TV & a light bulb replaced in one of the overhead lights - no big deal. We also noticed water near the fridge, but thought it was from the drinks we had taken out of a cooler & put in there.

This morning DH wanted to sit outside & drink his coffee. It looked like someone took an axe to the picnic. DH called to report it & request a new one. Stepped in the shower & it is very "soft" on the bottom. More water on floor near fridge this morning.

Went to AK & upon returning had to call again about table. More water in front of fridge & noticed what looked like water damage on fridge wall.

I realize these are not major things, but for the price we are paying for the accommodations (actually, regardless of the price we are paying) we feel that details should be attended to.

Would you write a letter upon your return home or just let things go? At this point, I feel as though I will be sending a letter off - not nasty, just my thoughts on the situation.

BTW - we still don't have a new picnic table & it's almost 7 p.m. :confused3

I would be persistent about getting things taken care of while you're there. If they are not corrected - THEN write the letter when you return.

NancyIL said:
I would be persistent about getting things taken care of while you're there. If they are not corrected - THEN write the letter when you return.
I agree

I agree w/ the PP's, try and address the issues while you're there.

Have you asked to be moved to a different cabin?

If things can't be resolved while you are there, then by all means write the letter.

Sending some pixie dust your way in hopes things get worked out for you pixiedust:

Agreeing with everyone else, be persistent, if they cannot attend to the needs ask to be moved, and if that cannot be accomadated aks the manager why not. You should be able to have all your concerns addressed before you leave.

I would also follow-up with a letter upon return to your home. In addition to noting the deficiencies, also include your Cabin location. At the very least, you may be helping a future guest who shouldn't have to experience these same problems.

Also, by letting management know, you are also bringing it to their attention that there has been a lapse in the system used to check on cabin quality.

I'm sorry that your most recent trip was not up to the usual Disney standards.

When we stayed there last year, we had issues with our cabin and we were switched when we requested it. If the problems aren't reported they cannot be fixed, and if you report maintenence issues, sometimes they wait until the cabin has been vacated. IF you want a new cabin, you should request one. A letter is effective only if they did nothing to accomodate your requests, not a complaint after the fact.
They gave us a new cabin, and they helped us pack up our fridge and load our belongings into the FWC van to the next (perfect) one. We were perfectly happy after moving to the other cabin.
Good luck!

Why wait till you leave when you can have the problems addressed while you are there. :confused3

That way they can see what you are talking about.

I'd go all "Rita" on them. That's my MIL and she is VIGILANT in circumstances like this. If this were her, I am sure she would badger them until she got a new room with upgrades and probably a few free nights out of it. She is a tenacious one, that woman.

Hope you get things worked out quickly.

Take care of any problems while you are there! Disney is well known for saying " too bad, so sad" after the fact. It seems that you need to address your issues with the manager of the person you have been speaking with. If that doesnt get things taken care of then tell them you need to speak with the GM. Be persistant and dont take no for an answer!!! You have valid complaints and they need to be addressed now. Decide what you think they can do to make things right before you speak with anyone. Be calm, friendly yet firm with this. good luck! :hug:

Yes, I would use the address for Guest Relations and write a letter about your stay. I would start off by telling them how you feel about the Disney Resort and what kind of service you would expect and then tell them how your needs were not met in a polite and to the point way.
Ie: Attn: Guest Relations,
I have been coming to Disney for a long time and have a deep respect for the quality of service and the attentiveness of the Walt Disney Cast Members to my families needs. That is why I feel the need to bring it to your attention that our last visit was not so happy. ..................(etc.)

I write complaints all the time. My dad is an attorney and he told me to always start out telling how much I like whatever it is USUALLY and then tell how bad it was this time. That way you don't sound like a bitter mean person and they kind of feel sorry for you and like you when they read your letter. This way you are more likely to get reimbursments, gift certificates, etc.
I know you are not trying to get free stuff but I find when things are not up to my standards that free stuff helps with my mood :)

I dont get it if U are there and are unhappy about your cabin, why not go to Guest services/Manager and request to be moved? Why wait until U get home to write a letter? If they refuse to move U then write the letter by all means. If they cant move U to another cabin request to be moved to a comparable hotel. IE with fridge and full kitchen. U may end up at a DVC. I mean why wait to complain.
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Notice I said squeaky NOT screaching.

Why have your vacation be a product of what will be wrong next. I would tell them that when I ask to be moved also. I want be on vacation when at Disney not have to call for all the issues that go wrong. I mean OK if a light needs changing or something that just happens. But if U find 3-5 things wrong the cabin need to be looked at more closely and they cant do it with U there.

Have a great vacation at least U are in Disney I am in the Northeast with SNOW yuk

Be specific! Be firm! Insist on being moved. One or two of these problems I could see but wow! This sounds like the place is a mess and you do want to enjoy your vacation.

If you can't be moved then write a letter afterwards.

We had a horrendous experience a few years back at AKL and wrote a letter afterwards. It was dealt with properly and I've become a believer in letting Disney know what needs to be done and expecting them to make it right.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

After just going through issues during our stay over the last 2 weeks, I would definitly just go speak to a manager, they are eager to make sure your vacation isnt ruined..also if the management is not aware that there staff is not attending to problems as they should, they will never know what to fix

Several times we have had things wrong or broken in the cabin. Just be persistent and they will fix it although the wait can be annoying. Once they even had to install a new dishwasher! :rotfl:

Just ask to move. We stayed in a cabin once, and it was just dirty, not falling apart. They were happy to move us. And move us they did - we hadn't unpacked yet and they said - go on and have fun, your stuff will be in cabin x. And it was. You guys are clearly more settled in.

The measure of a company isn't never having a problem. It's their actions to correct it. If they don't let you move, then raise a stink, but not until then

Hopefully you can get this worked out while you are there and not let it spoil any of your vacation :)

Well, just returned to our room at about 7 p.m. to find we didn't get housekeeping today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made a phone call to housekeeping & was told if our "Privacy" sign was on at any time they skip it. :confused3 I told them that has never happened to us & that answer was unsatisfactory.

I called the front desk to speak to a manager. I told him of all the things that were not correct with our room, especially the table & the fact that we did not receive housekeeping today.

He did apologize & we did receive a credit to our room. I told him that I realize some of the things were minor, but it certainly isn't up to Disney standards. He agreed (of course - what else would he say!)

I will still be sending a letter to guest relations. DH said the same things some of you did - one of the reasons something should be said is so that the next guest doesn't have to go through the same thing.

BTW - we opted not to ask for a move because the first few things we noticed were minor. We didn't notice the table or the fact that the fridge is leaking (just a little) until we had already slept. We were already unpacked & it's not like it's something we can't live with. Annoying, yes, but I think I've made my point with the manager here & like I said, I'll be sending a letter - not nasty, just stating how we felt about our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter