Would you switch to BWV from BCV at Christmas?

Southernswthrt

Mouseketeer
We currently have 5 nights before Christmas booked at BCV but BWV is still available. Should we switch or not? I understand BCV is not fully renovated and I feel like BWV might be slightly better locationwise. If the weather is anything like last year, we wont be using SAB. What do you think?

I would keep BCV because they also plan to start a refurb at BWV in the next few months.

I guess it would all depend on refurb dates. We stayed there last month and the rooms are in dire need of a renovation. If there was a Boardwalk View room available I would definitely change but otherwise, I would just stay with BCV even though personally under other circumstances, I would pick BWV over BCV every single time.

I wouldn't even consider switching from BCV to BW. The BCV refurb should be completed well before December. And one cooler year of temps doesn't mean you won't be swimming this year! Not sure why you think BW is a better location? It might be a few minutes shorter to HS, but depending on room locations, you'll be a few minutes shorter to EP from BCV. It evens out for those 2 parks. And if you have a need for Skyliner, BCV is closer.

To me the locations are so similar that aspect probably wouldn't factor into my decision. I like Boardwalk but am "annoyed" by having to go down onto the Boardwalk to get food, refillable mug, shop in store etc. Although I haven't stayed at BW since the coffee shop was added where the DVC store used to be. Granted you have to walk to main building at BCV but at least it's a covered walkway. I think Yacht and Beach together offer more dining that appeals to my family and IF swimming is a possibility, it definitely has the edge for me. Both lobbies have great holiday displays with a gingerbread/hot cocoa stand. At Beach Club you're also getting the Yacht Club lobby as a bonus. I don't think you can go wrong but I'd stick with BC.

I own both - I would stay at BC - especially at Christmas time - I think the decorations at BC are better than BW and I prefer the size/location of BC as well…

If BWV is available, i would absolutely switch from BCV (we own at both). They had taken the BW view rooms out of inventory from 0/9 through right before Thanksgiving, and it looks like the Standard View were removed from January through at least mid-March - December did not have any noticeable reduction in inventory (meaning that the refurb was likely suspended for then). Btw, the assumption is that they will do the Garden/Pool View villas in the same hallways concurrent with the BW or Standard View refurbs, with the entire refurb appearing to be slated for completion prior to April. The big draw at BCV is the pool so if you are not going to swim, I would opt for BWV for all its amenities: Community Hall, nightly entertainment with performers, carny games, surrey bike rentals, dueling piano bar, etc (a quick stroll downstairs is sooooooo much nicer than having to trudge around Crescent Lake or walking to the Boat dock at YC, waiting for a FriendShip, finally getting to the BW, & then having to do it all in reverse :scared:). Not to mention, the views at BWVs are generally much nicer, & it's great to have the lobby & coffeeshop nearby.

Last edited:
We currently have 5 nights before Christmas booked at BCV but BWV is still available. Should we switch or not? I understand BCV is not fully renovated and I feel like BWV might be slightly better locationwise. If the weather is anything like last year, we wont be using SAB. What do you think?

Both great resorts with differing pros and cons. I do think Christmas decorations are better at BWV. Seems to have a better Christmas vibe all around. But as others have mentioned, the renovations could be a factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter