would you still buy them?

would you still buy them?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

mommy2ash

<font color=deeppink>Has a Pooh pushin' Ash<br><fo
ok this is the last question i swear. all of this is just giving me such a headache. i have been having an awful time trying to buy shares. finally i have a way i can buy them. my bank gave me the wrong information last week. i can buy the shares through them.

Pros
easy to do
no extra account to set up
no paperwork
no yearly maintanence fees
i get to go to salon mickey :lmao:

Cons

here is where the problem is

100 euro commission to buy them
35 euro extra to buy a european share

so this is doubling the amount of money i thought i would have to spend to buy them. is it still worth it?

thanks for any help, this is all just going right over my head lol.

Personally I wouldn't buy into an investment if it was going to cost me double the value of the investment - however that's probably the "investor" in me speaking rather than the Disney fan! (I've a fair bit of experience dabbling in shares, albeit not international ones, so am pretty financially savvy and wouldn't wnat to make such a huge loss from the off)

Do I remember you saying that you are based in Ireland?

I'm sure that there must be a cheaper way for you to get the shares and get to Salon Mickey, without literally throwing 100+ Euro's down the drain to get them?

Edit - I haven't voted as I would still buy the shares, but I'd look for an alternative way to do so. :)

If its something you really want to do & can afford it then go for it. You need to weigh up whether you will get most benefit out of owning them. If your not going to take many trips then you probably wouldn't gain the most benefit from them.

i am looking to use them for the discounts not particularly go to salon mickey. also i am not using them as an investment either.

i know it seems kinda silly to pay charges almost twice what the shares are worth lol.

Personally I wouldn't buy into an investment if it was going to cost me double the value of the investment - however that's probably the "investor" in me speaking rather than the Disney fan! (I've a fair bit of experience dabbling in shares, albeit not international ones, so am pretty financially savvy and wouldn't wnat to make such a huge loss from the off)

Do I remember you saying that you are based in Ireland?

I'm sure that there must be a cheaper way for you to get the shares and get to Salon Mickey, without literally throwing 100+ Euro's down the drain to get them?

Edit - I haven't voted as I would still buy the shares, but I'd look for an alternative way to do so. :)

Buying Disney shares is not an investment. Chances of ever making a profit from them are very remote:goodvibes

I know they're not an investment for growth, but I still wouldn't buy shares using a method that would cost as much as the shares up front - meaning I'd have basically made a huge loss before the share price had a chance to change!

Whichever way you look at it, buying shares is still an investment - you just need to look at how you gain from that investment? In some instances you gain by the shares increasing in value, others you gain from the dividends that are paid and in some (such as this) you gain from the benefits that you can take advantage of. If you feel that the benefits are worth double the residual value of the shares then go for it, as it's an investment that you will gain from. If you don't then I'd carry on investigating the ways in which you can buy them without such excessive charges. :)

Sonya, that is a lot of money :scared1:

Before you do it why not contact BNP Paribas about buying pure registered shares and see how much their commission will be. I bought my first lot through Nationwide but when I wanted to buy some more I bought them through CACEIS (now replaced by BNP) and it was very easy and very cheap. The only big expense I could have encountered was having to pay them in euros from a sterling account (luckily I am retired bank staff so get this free) but as your currency is already euros it should be cheaper for you.

You have to use the drop-down menu to find the info but I've copied it below

This section gives you information on buying the various different kinds of shares.*For an explanation of the different types of shareholding,*please*click on*the item ''What are the different forms of shareholding ?''.
You want to buy:*
- Bearer shares or Administered registered shares:*
Contact your financial intermediary and explain that you wish to buy shares in Euro Disney S.C.A. The intermediary will give you all the information to place your order.*****
- Pure registered shares:*
Please contact the agent named by Euro Disney S.C.A. to manage its registered accounts: BNP Paribas Securities Services.

Before making any investment decision, you should request opinion from a professional financial adviser.

and here are the contact details for BNP

BNP Paribas Securities Services
Global Corporate Trust
Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Relations
Immeuble Tolbiac
75450 PARIS Cedex 09
France*
- Telephone:
From France: 0810 006 484
From other countries: +33 (0)1 57 43 38 60
(Telephone service available from August 3, 2009)
- Fax: +33 (0)1 55 77 34 17*
The telephone service is available for you to address your questions related to the management of pure registered shares, taxation of securities, and the organization of the General Shareholders' Meetings.*
Lines are open 8:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Paris Time) Monday to Friday.

Good luck :wizard:

I would take a look at how much money you spend and then work out from that whether you are likely to recover those costs through discounts.

If you are, then I'd buy them - it may be expensive initially but if you're going to recover those costs anyway then it doesn't matter (so long as you can afford the initial cost in the first place).

I would take a look at how much money you spend and then work out from that whether you are likely to recover those costs through discounts.

:thumbsup2

It's going to cost you around 210E judging by what you posted above. You get a 15% reduction in shops and resturants so you'd need to spend 1,400E to earn back your 210E outlay. If you intend on spending more than 1,400E over the term of the shares then they would be worthwhile. Moreso if you visit Salon Mickey as there is a cup of tea or a muffin that you'd usually buy that you now don't have to (We ate nearly 200E worth of food and drink at park prices in Salon Mickey in May alone)

I would still buy the shares although in your situation you know you'll probably never make the money back on the share price you'll more than likely make the money back in savings.

I bought the shares mainly becuase of the saving and the entrance to Salon Mickey however the shares have increased from 2.43 when I bought them to 3.64 :)

i am still a bit undecided as what to do. i do plan on going twice a year as long as i can afford it and my mam spends as much as i do.

i think i will give that number a ring and see what they say.

I voted yes because I think the discounts will mount up as you are planning to visit so much-and plus you will love the feeling of being a shareholder (I know I would anyway :yay:) And anyway when does being sensible about money ever get called into question with any of us where DLRP is concerned lol

i was still undecided this morning but i had to pass the bank on my way to work and i was 10 minutes early so i popped in and i now own 20 shares lol. its worth it in the end and all i had to do was sign my signature once and the bank did the rest. i am all for anything that is hassle free and i have had enough hassle with trying to get them as it is. so yey i am so excited now i cant wait for my notification to come in the post so i can send off for my card!!!!

and diane you are so right it sounds so sill but i am so excited to own a little teeny bit of disney no matter how small it is lol

i was still undecided this morning but i had to pass the bank on my way to work and i was 10 minutes early so i popped in and i now own 20 shares lol. its worth it in the end and all i had to do was sign my signature once and the bank did the rest. i am all for anything that is hassle free and i have had enough hassle with trying to get them as it is. so yey i am so excited now i cant wait for my notification to come in the post so i can send off for my card!!!!

and diane you are so right it sounds so sill but i am so excited to own a little teeny bit of disney no matter how small it is lol

:yay::yay::yay:

Congratulations and welcome to the club!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I am all for anything that makes life a bit easier :thumbsup2 and yes, it is very exciting to own your very own bit of the Magic! :cloud9:

Nice one Sonya, make sure you enjoy your discounts and especially Salon Mickey. :thumbsup2

Do you mind me asking which bank it was with. My DH works in Donegal, so we bank with AIB. I might be tempted to buy some too (or tell him to buy them for me for Christmas) if it is as quick & easy as you say. I did once try to buy them through Selftrade, but they couldn't accept payment from my Bank of Ireland account, even though it was a sterling account & then I gave up. I fancy visiting Salon Mickey some day!

Nice one Sonya :cool1: I didn't post last night as I couldn't decide whether it was worth it or not! But glad you went ahead :thumbsup2:banana:

Do you mind me asking which bank it was with. My DH works in Donegal, so we bank with AIB. I might be tempted to buy some too (or tell him to buy them for me for Christmas) if it is as quick & easy as you say. I did once try to buy them through Selftrade, but they couldn't accept payment from my Bank of Ireland account, even though it was a sterling account & then I gave up. I fancy visiting Salon Mickey some day!

yeah it was through aib. i didnt have an account with them so i set one up. there was a bit of a misunderstanding between the teller and the stockbrokers but i got the right information and today it took less then ten minutes. that was just standing there waiting for the teller to get off the phone lol. their costs for buying them are quite high but that seems to be the case throughout ireland. for convienience sake i would give them 10 out of 10.

Nice one Sonya :cool1: I didn't post last night as I couldn't decide whether it was worth it or not! But glad you went ahead :thumbsup2:banana:

thanks patsy i had a hard time deciding myself lol. i am just gonna have to spend loads to make up the discounts :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter