Would you stay at Coronado Springs?

mrs moon

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone..

I am planning a return to the mouse in Oct this year.myself ,daughter and Grand daughter..We have a preferred room booked at Coronado as we have already stayed at Port Orleans & like change..It was between Coronado and Caribbean and choose Coronado, now i am second guessing myself and wonder if i will find it to Conference (un disney) could i please have your thoughts from those that have stayed!..Thank you

I have stayed at both and I like Coronado Springs better.

Yes, if you happen there during a conference, it can be busy, but the same can be said about any resort.

It is large. Busses will be your friend.

I (and my kids) enjoyed the pool and play areas.

Lastly, when the high rise is completed, it will likely transition to a deluxe resort .... so if you got a decent price in October, I’d roll with it.

Just my opinion though.

Brian

Yes, if you happen there during a conference, it can be busy, but the same can be said about any resort.

Lastly, when the high rise is completed, it will likely transition to a deluxe resort .... so if you got a decent price in October, I’d roll with it.

Just my opinion though.

Brian
Thanks very much for your opinion & great advice

We LOVE CSR!!! I find it difficult to pick favourites, but CSR and POR are neck to neck in competition for 1st place among the moderates. Conference hotels do not bother me at all, however. In fact we find that there are often benefits (such as fewer people on the buses) to staying there. It is a beautiful resort that I would definitely stay in again. The pool is incredible, IMO, and the hot tub quite spacious. I liked the salon and fitness room as well as the quiet pool nearby, on occasion, for a quick dip. We never found anything to feel all that far - perhaps 10 minutes from the Ranchos to El Centro? I know some people find that far, but we always enjoyed the stroll along the lake.

Some people from the southwest that see this style architecture often have been less impressed by the theme. For us, from the northeast, it is wonderfully themed. Or, perhaps I should say that it was, now the theming is quite toned down. However, I think that it is safe to say that theming at all resorts has become much more subtle.

CBR is nice as well and we really enjoyed staying there (we requested Jamaica in the past, I'm not sure if that is still a good request as we haven't been since the latest changes). However, unless you will be there after gondola construction is complete and want to experience that, I would stay with CSR for now. As Brian said, there may be changes at CSR in the future when the construction of the tower is complete.

Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong. They are both great resorts!!!!

Just my opinion though.

Brian

Coronado Springs has outside room entrances so I doubt it will ever be a deluxe. And the tower is an addition not a new property such as the Riviera.

The Riviera will be DVC/Deluxe and CBR will remain a moderate.

We LOVE CSR!!! I find it difficult to pick favourites, but CSR and POR are neck to neck in competition for 1st place among the moderates. Conference hotels do not bother me at all, however. In fact we find that there are often benefits (such as fewer people on the buses) to staying there. It is a beautiful resort that I would definitely stay in again. The pool is incredible, IMO, and the hot tub quite spacious. I liked the salon and fitness room as well as the quiet pool nearby, on occasion, for a quick dip. We never found anything to feel all that far - perhaps 10 minutes from the Ranchos to El Centro? I know some people find that far, but we always enjoyed the stroll along the lake.

Some people from the southwest that see this style architecture often have been less impressed by the theme. For us, from the northeast, it is wonderfully themed. Or, perhaps I should say that it was, now the theming is quite toned down. However, I think that it is safe to say that theming at all resorts has become much more subtle.

CBR is nice as well and we really enjoyed staying there (we requested Jamaica in the past, I'm not sure if that is still a good request as we haven't been since the latest changes). However, unless you will be there after gondola construction is complete and want to experience that, I would stay with CSR for now. As Brian said, there may be changes at CSR in the future when the construction of the tower is complete.

Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong. They are both great resorts!!!!
Thanks so much ..

I would stay there and see for yourself. I have stayed there in the past and while I was not fond of the theme, (I think that was my problem, but who knows?) I was happy with the transportation, the amenities, and the level of service. It was a lot of walking but nothing that even this old gal could not manage. AS @Babsy suggested, nothing feels that far when you are walking on the pathways. The pool is awesome for anyone, and the grounds are meticulously maintained.

I would stay there and see for yourself. I have stayed there in the past and while I was not fond of the theme, (I think that was my problem, but who knows?) I was happy with the transportation, the amenities, and the level of service. It was a lot of walking but nothing that even this old gal could not manage. AS @Babsy suggested, nothing feels that far when you are walking on the pathways. The pool is awesome for anyone, and the grounds are meticulously maintained.
thank you

We've stayed at both, once at CBR and 3 times at CSR. We love CSR, it's one of our favorite resorts. We think it is much more relaxing and quiet than CBR. It's really a lovely resort. The pool and hot tub are great. I like that we could sit pretty much anywhere and be able to keep and eye on DD in the pool. The pool at CBR is nicely themed but we had a hard time watching her without being right there in the water with her. I know it's hit or miss but we always had great experiences with transportation there. We like the Casitas section, the bus stop there is the first to be picked up and dropped off. The bar outside El Centro has great drinks and a lovely view. We also liked the food court.

I would think that preferred will still mean buildings Casitas 1,2 and 3 come October. When we stayed at CSR last April (first time), I was hoping for Ranchos....thinking it had the most extreme theming. We ended up in Casitas 2- where I expected the theming to feel boring. In the end, I really enjoyed walking through Casitas (especially to grab an iced coffee at Cafe Rix 8-) )....the fountains and greenery are so pleasant!!

We've stayed at both, once at CBR and 3 times at CSR. We love CSR, it's one of our favorite resorts. We think it is much more relaxing and quiet than CBR. It's really a lovely resort. The pool and hot tub are great. I like that we could sit pretty much anywhere and be able to keep and eye on DD in the pool. The pool at CBR is nicely themed but we had a hard time watching her without being right there in the water with her. I know it's hit or miss but we always had great experiences with transportation there. We like the Casitas section, the bus stop there is the first to be picked up and dropped off. The bar outside El Centro has great drinks and a lovely view. We also liked the food court.
Thank you

We have stayed at both. We enjoyed CSR much more. Agree with a pp that buses are much better at CSR. The pool is great there too.

I stayed at Coronado once and never again.
We had a number of issues although I will admit most issues were human error during check in regarding tickets and credit cards so I'm guessing with MDE this wouldn't be much of a problem anymore.
But in addition to those issues we had buss issues and issues at each eatery from messed up order to messed up bill to rude waiter.
We also felt the walk even from a close building was just too much.

I have not stayed at Caribbean Beach and likely never will as it also seems like a love it or hate it type of resort.

I've stayed at POR and loved it.

We would have appreciated a preferred room. We felt like it was such a long hike from our room to the lobby especially in the rain. We enjoyed the pool very much. Our room was very nice. The Pepper Market was a nightmare. We were third in line when lunch service began and it still took about 45 minutes to get our food and pay for it.

We ve stayed several times. Front service was excellent. Food court area I’d give a B .. slower than needed to be.
We stayed business which was like Club level and it was better than CL even at Poly. So our room was very close and that is a def perk in my book. Buses were great, pool was great.
What I didn’t like was the huge groups, obvious convention and too much smoking ( in the Correct areas) but smoke travels. That was the Biggest downer.
I’d still stay there over CB.
Enjoy and happy travels!

Hi everyone..

I am planning a return to the mouse in Oct this year.myself ,daughter and Grand daughter..We have a preferred room booked at Coronado as we have already stayed at Port Orleans & like change..It was between Coronado and Caribbean and choose Coronado, now i am second guessing myself and wonder if i will find it to Conference (un disney) could i please have your thoughts from those that have stayed!..Thank you

We just checked out today from Coronado Springs and I loved it!

I will be the first to admit that I was never interested in staying here and after reading comments online it was swaying me away from staying here. But I am so glad we stayed here.

The rooms are super nice and we actually preferred our rooms here at CSR then those at Boulder Ridge (WL)

The rooms are fully renovated and feel brand new and the only line separating this room from a deluxe resort is the outdoor hallways.

When you go in October the new Gran Destino tower will be open. If you want to take a look at the tower rooms that could be an option too.

We’ve stayed at Riverside, Caribbean Beach & now Coronado. And Coronado is definitely a new favorite.

Our first trip to CSR will begin this Friday. Can you request a Casita if you booked a standard room? Thanks in advance.

I love CSR! I've stayed there 4 times with my 5th trip booked for this upcoming July.
Ok this is gonna seem nuts but I had a dream last night that i met you on my next trip and now you say you're going in July which is when im.goingvas well. Of course I have no clue what you look like but I walked up and asked if you were this person on disboards and you said yes lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter