Would you stay at a brand new hotel?

bluedaisy1974

Earning My Ears
still searching online for the best deal/most appropriate place for us to stay next month....

i just came across a new resort that's opened at the beginning of septmeber west of the WDW property, and it's offering some great deals...about 1/2 of what i was prepared to pay before i found this place.

but, and it's a big but...this place is brand new so i can't find any reviews on it. so it might have a ton of bugs/kinks to be worked out, but they may also be going overboard with the customer service trying to please and make themselves a good reputation.

so, would you chance it and stay there?

Have you been to Disney before? Is the resort a big part of your vacation or is it mainly just a place to go to sleep?
I would try a new place because I have been to Disney before and I don't mind the hotel being less than stellar (as long as it has bus and room service...musts for us).:thumbsup2

we've never been before, but we're not going for the hotel right? we're going for the parks, so it's really just a place to sleep, but i want it to be a nice place to sleep, kwim?

we don't need a shuttle because we're renting a car while we're there?

thanks for your opinion, anyone else?

i say go for it! If it's THAT bad, you could probably move somewhere else for the rest of your stay but chances are good that it's probably spotless. Since it just opened that means that the health/building inspectors have been there recently! :thumbsup2

give the name and address.

sometimes new hotels are really old ones - they just change the name.

now nice places will completely redo everything.

Spiceycat has a good point. It may just be new management, rather than a newly built hotel. If it is newly built, at least it should be clean. If you don't mind me asking, what is the rate you have been quoted? You may be able to stay on Disney property for about the same. Either at a value resort or one of the Downtown Disney hotels.
With children as young as yours, you may be at the resort more than you think. Take your time and see what you can without getting exhausted. My guess is that you will be back. Truly enjoy what you can, and see the rest next time.

Even if it is truly "Brand New"...if you post the name, I bet some Dis'er here has stayed there or has more info on it.

Heather

I've never heard of it, but I checked out the link you posted and it looks awesome. I'd definitely stay here. Even if the service isn't up to par yet, at least the villas should all be brand new and clean.

Have an awesome time!
HeatherC

Also meant to say from the pictures it looks fabulous!! I'll take brand spanking new with a few bugs to be worked out than an older established resort (aside from Disney) (that may have actual bugs needing to be cleaned out).

HeatherC, we're going to confuse her with all these Heather names flying around ;)

When I saw your post, I thought you were talking about Caribe Cove as it had also catch my eye, but I was vary with no reviews.

I am not familiar at all with side of the Disney area (we have stayed at Sherton VV., Marriott Horizons).
I can see where the Caribe location is on the map, but how does it compare in Disney convenience as ease of in and out for afternoon breaks? Are there close by grocery stores without the area having an over crowded feel?
Any opinions??
Thanks,
Jill

It looks closer to US 27. that say - some posters here live along US 27 and they say it takes them around 20 minutes to get to WDW.

I would say 30 minutes.

have either of you looked at skyauction? of course if you are staying less than a week - it is not a good bargin.

but if you are staying a week - it beats most of these other places.

If you are seriously considering this property, go to Bookit.com and see the special they have going for this resort. 4th night is free, and no cleaning fee with a stay of 5 nights or longer. I am in the exact same boat as I have booked the Oakwater resort through the same site. It is a new resort, and I was pretty leery about reserving it. Average $71.20 per night for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with garage. Since I booked it, 2 good reviews have popped up on Tripadvisor. I believe it is closer to Disney than the resort you are looking at.

fractured - wow, nice find! great deal for Caribe Cay on bookit! Not only do you get the 4th night free, you get a 3 bedroom for the discounted 2 bedroom price. If the offered dates fell within our time, I would defintily take the slight risk of a brand new property and jump on it. Getting the 3rd bedroom, we could invite the grandparents or another couple and look oh so very generous.

Well, I just booked it! Thanks for letting us all know about this. One question, though: I used Bookit for the first time and used their Pay Delay. I meant to just click pay it all now but didn't. I don't need to do anything else, right? They'll just use the card on file on the dates they posted?

Well, I just booked it! Thanks for letting us all know about this. One question, though: I used Bookit for the first time and used their Pay Delay. I meant to just click pay it all now but didn't. I don't need to do anything else, right? They'll just use the card on file on the dates they posted?

Nevermind. I called and got my answer. I just wanted to ad that they're going to give me a $25 gas card.

I would. A new hotel usually means a clean hotel. :rotfl:
Seriously, when I see that a hotel is new or has just been updated - I take it as a good sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter