Would you split stay at two moderates?

RunnerMommyof4

Mouseketeer
It's our 1st trip and we are going for 8 nights/9 days in June. We are debating between POFQ, POR or Caribbean Beach.

Thoughts on doing a split stay between two of them?

We have 2 children ages 11 & 8.

I know a lot of people love the idea of split stays but it's just too much work to me! The only way I'd consider is if I decided I really wanted to check out a deluxe but couldn't afford a full stay there. Then I might do it for a couple nights, just to see. Honestly, I like to unpack, set up, and be good until it's time to go home. Having to pack up everything and move part way through just doesn't sound like fun.

If you choose either POFQ or POR, they're considered sister resorts and you can use all the amenities at either. It's a short walk along the river between the two resorts (or even a boat ride if you'd rather). So you can go check out the pools at either, have a meal in the food court, enjoy the entertainment or kids activities, etc., etc. Other than sleeping in the rooms, you'll actually be able to enjoy both resorts and get a real feel for each. That would be my vote!

I woul definitely do a split stay between POR and CBR. I would book preferred rooms at both. The pool is great at CBR. The boat to DD is nice at POR. While at POR you can easily walk to POFQ to check out that resort, as well.

It's like two vacations in one. WDW makes moving very easy. Just give the bags to bell services in the morning and tell them where to send them. Go about your day in the parks. At the end of the day, take the bus to your new resort. Check in and have bell services bring your bags to the room.. Easy!

Each has a very different, but relaxing, theme. Lots of quiet pools as well as good feature pools. If both kids like their own beds, the eight year old would probably be fine on the Murphy bed available at both resorts.

I think that you and your kids would really enjoy both POR and CBR.

We did a split stay at CSR and POR on our first trip, more because we couldn't get a FD package at one for our entire stay and had wanted POR. It was nice to experience both, but a lot of work to pack and unpack mid-trip. I much preferred staying at one resort this past trip (POR), though I did love our time (and the buses) at CSR.

If you are organized and feel you can easily pack/unpack I would say go for it. Unfortunately Disney won't pack for you. Otherwise I would pick POR or POFQ so you can enjoy some of the benefits of both. POR has YeeHaw Bob too! :thumbsup2

I wouldn't do a split stay at any resort level when staying less than 10 days. I did a split stay between the VGF and BLT for our recent stay of 7 days. I personally think its a pain in the backside to pack up, have your belongings moved to the other resort, have your luggage held, then claim them later in the day when officially checked in. I wont do it again unless its a longer stay than a week.

I wouldn't do a split stay period. I'm with those who don't get the appeal of a split stay.

One of the reasons I love cruising is you get to see different places and only unpack once. I cannot imagine spending time on vacation packing, moving, and unpacking, so when land-based I pick ONE place and stay there.

I have done split stays numerous times and find it to be quite easy. We don't fully unpack during the first stay so it only takes a few minutes to pack our bags and then I will usually fully unpack at the second resort. We always go to a park on our moving day so when we get back later our room is ready. It's a good way to check out more than one resort in one trip. I have stayed at all 4 moderates and liked them all for different reasons. If you choose CBR I would recommend a preferred room...some of the standard rooms are so far from the main pool.

It's our 1st trip and we are going for 8 nights/9 days in June. We are debating between POFQ, POR or Caribbean Beach.

We have 2 children ages 11 & 8.

I definitely wouldn't do a split stay on my first trip. WDW is huge and often overwhelming and to have to learn your way around two resorts and four parks is just a lot of stress, especially for a first timer. Just pick one resort and enjoy it. :)

I've done split stays, normally when going solo and love them but it's usually either because I can't get rooms where I want for the full stay or am just using a value for arrival night instead of paying for a deluxe for a few hours. For your first trip with two little ones, I'm not sure I'd do it. Maybe just visit the other resort for lunch one day .

I know a lot of people love the idea of split stays but it's just too much work to me! The only way I'd consider is if I decided I really wanted to check out a deluxe but couldn't afford a full stay there. Then I might do it for a couple nights, just to see. Honestly, I like to unpack, set up, and be good until it's time to go home. Having to pack up everything and move part way through just doesn't sound like fun.

If you choose either POFQ or POR, they're considered sister resorts and you can use all the amenities at either. It's a short walk along the river between the two resorts (or even a boat ride if you'd rather). So you can go check out the pools at either, have a meal in the food court, enjoy the entertainment or kids activities, etc., etc. Other than sleeping in the rooms, you'll actually be able to enjoy both resorts and get a real feel for each. That would be my vote!

This. I have absolutely no desire to repack us and move us halfway through the vacation.

Outside of extenuating circumstances I have no desire to change hotel rooms during a trip. We do like to spend a non-park day exploring other resorts but actually moving my stuff to stay in one holds no appeal to me.

Personally I wouldn't, with it being a first trip, and split between two moderates. We have done split stays before, but there was always a reason (for example: stayed with friend at value resort before moving to moderate, rented DVC points for trip then extended trip so added days at different resort, wanted to experience deluxe but not pay for entire trip there, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter