• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you rather…

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
Tony’s or plaza for dinner
Mamma Melrose or 50s pt
Family of four, teenage boys and big eaters

Tony’s or plaza for dinner
Mamma Melrose or 50s pt
Family of four, teenage boys and big eaters
We ate at the Plaza in January and it was very meh. I used to love this place but was disappointed. Ate at 50's last month and it was good - nothing amazing but a lot of food. MM has one of my favorite dishes so that's always been good for us. I have two young adult kids (male) so they do eat a lot still lol!

I would think Tony's would be more filling.

Was not happy with our meal a year ago at Mama, we used to consider it a bit of a hidden gem but the last time, the sauce was just not good and service was lacking. Not sure if anything has changed in the last year so my vote is for 50's.

Plaza for sure.

Toss up between the 2 HS places. But if you’ve never tried 50s then worth experiencing the vibe.

None of the above!
MK SKIPPER canteen, Liberty Tree or Crystal Palece
DHS Brown Derby or QS.although between the 2, Sci Fi

Last edited:
Used to love Plaza the new menu is meh my wife loved their salad and they don’t even have a salad on the menu anymore. I agree with someone who mentioned Skipper Canteen.
Mama Melrose is actually decent food IMHO if you just want a burger and atmosphere then 50’s

Tony's and 50's

I really don't care for the Plaza menu - too limited and boring. And its decor is "unfriendly" to me. Tony's has been hit or miss for me - I've had some entrees I would rank better than Olive Garden, and some that were just meh. I haven't had a bad meal there, and I think you can fill up teenage boys at Tony's. If you REALLY want to fill them up - drag them to Crystal Palace. I think even teenage boys have a little love for Pooh and friends inside.

For 50's vs. Mama - honestly - either. You can fill up a teenager at either and I like them about the same. But I suggested Tony's which is Italian - so I picked 50's to be a different style of food. Honestly, my first choice here is Sci-Fi - or you might consider Rodeo Round-Up (going for the first time next month myself!), but 50's is good choice, too.

My vote for MK would be Liberty Tree as well

Considering you are feeding teenage boys...

MK- Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree. The Plaza has had meh reviews lately and Tony's has been a big "no" vote for about as long as it's been in existence. I guess if you don't want to pay for buffet I'd say Tony's, because pasta, but it wouldn't be something I'd choose.

DHS- We have always had very good food- and generous portions- at both Mama Melrose and 50sPT.

SO... my vote depends on where you choose to eat at MK: Either do Plaza and Mama's, or Tony's and 50s PT, so you aren't having two meals of Italian food.

I know Tony's gets a bad rep, but we ate there last month and everything we had (appetizers, meals, dessert) was really good! It wasn't 5 star, but it was really good. Not sure if they recently turned things around or if we just got really lucky. That would be my vote vs Plaza which just kind of seems like a shell of it's former self.

For HS -we are big Mama Melrose fans - not knocking 50s, just not food I can stomach when it's super hot/humid out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter