Would you push the button?

Would you have pushed the button?
Yes but I would not have waited as long as you did before pressing the button. There is a balance I know children want to press the button and I have no desire press any buttons after Covid-19.

However we compromise by stating out loud our floor choice directly to the parent and give them about 30 seconds to work it out with the child in then we press the button for our floor.

If the father and child want to use the elevator as a ride or as a distraction they should find a quieter time of the day to play elevator.

Dave

i thought this thread was going to be about global thermonuclear war. But in the elevator, yes, I would probably allow the kid about 10 seconds before pushing the button myself.
It was like this child was full on War Games but he was the only one playing the game and his father was WOPR.

if my girls were with us, they would have pushed it without hesitation. They always race to see who can push it first. If it were just me, I would give the kid about 3 seconds. It's a button. Just push it already. I don't want to be late for anything when I'm on vacation.

At the point the dad said what he said, I would have turned it into a game with the small child. ”hey little buddy, I'm going to press the button to my floor, do you want to have a race and see if you can press the button to your floor first?" But I wouldn't have waited too long after to press my button, maybe 5 seconds.

Contemporary elevator. We got in line behind a father and a 2yo. The father tells him to push the up button and after about a minute the boy did. We get in the elevator and I motion to push the button for level 4. The kid screams bloody murder and the father says "if he doesn't push the button he will have a meltdown." I think to myself, sounds like a personal problem. By now nobody has pushed any buttons, we aren't moving, the guests outside can't make their selections and the kid looks like he is going to burst into flames. I finally push the button. I have places I want to go and can't wait for this situation be resolved. They sat near us at Contempo Cafe and the kid was still on fire.

Would you have pushed the button?

Yes. It's ridiculous to expect lots of people to be held up so your kid doesn't throw a fit.

We had plenty of elevator moments through the years. I pushed the button and forgot my young kid really loved doing it. One of the kids wanted to push it and brother ran in and hit it first, that sort of thing. But we never involved anybody else. I would never let my kids think they got to do that on behalf of strangers. What if the stranger had their own button controlling kid?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter