Would you make the switch?

Dizney73

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 4 and currently have an interior suite at Cabana Bay booked for 5 nights mid june! It is our first stay at this hotel.
Last weekend I was able to book a standard room at Cabana Bay with the AP rate for the 5 nights saving us $500! I was also able to book ONE night (AP rate) at HRH in the middle of our stay using that $500 savings giving us 2 days of Express passes.
We have only ever had Express passes as we ALWAYS stay at one of the deluxe resorts.
Would you trade the Suite for the standard room and HRH w/Express Passes? Seems like a no brainer but I am having trouble giving up that larger room!

How much time will you actually spend in the room, and will you use the kitchenette?

I would do the smaller room if you are going to be in the parks and/or pools for the whole day and just really use the room for sleeping. If you will spend chunks of the days there too, it becomes a tougher decision.

We were upgraded to a junior suite this past week. For your family of 4, the extra room with TV, a microwave and a decent size fridge would be very nice.
However it is crowded. Express pass is the best.
Can you do suite and hard rock?
Oh and I feel the cabana bay rooms are roomier than hard rock.

How old are the kids, or how big? The standard CB rooms are a bit tight but also the EP would be great since it will most likely be crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter