Would you ever go on a Disney Cruise?

Before COVID sure...now, not sure.... I DO trust Disney cruise lines before a lot of other ones but still, how easy it is for things to spread within cruise ships bothers me.

There's also the environmental issues...the new "world's largest" cruise ship has so much stuff on-board I wonder why they even care to land anywhere. I'd honestly love to have a "cruise on the mainland" where it is all like a cruise but you don't go anywhere.

I get the appeal for a lot of people but personally, no. I'm not really a cruise person but even if I was, DCL has (in my opinion) boring itineraries and doesn't seem worth the price especially given how much 3 or 4 day cruises cost. I would much rather be at the parks.

I've watched videos of vloggers going on Disney cruises and I'm like, yup this is a product not geared towards me.

We did a Disney cruise when our kids were 6 and 9. The kid-centered activities and clubs were great. Now that they're adults, a Disney cruise doesn't should quite as appealing. I will say that Disney did a pretty good job of providing adult activities during the cruise. We put the kids in the club and went to Palo (adult-only restaurant) one night with another couple. We also took the kids to a comedy show and went back to the later "adults-only" show by the same comedian. It was hilarious! He had a little character named "Mr. Tennis Ball" which was, literally, a tennis ball with googly eyes. He kept the kids entertained with silly, clean jokes. At the late show, Mr. Tennis Ball took on a whole, new, definitley-not-kid-friendly persona!

I did once and really enjoyed it. I did an Alaskan one which sailed out of Vancouver so I didn’t have to worry about airfare. My kids were small ( 6 and 3) and it was one of the only times they had a “ kids sale free deal”. Unfortunately now I find it too pricey compared to other Cruise Lines. Last cruise we did RCCL instead. I am planning one next year but most likely it will be Celebrity. I like cruising as well as land based vacations.

Last edited:
Honestly, no. I'm not interested in a large ship experience, shows, putt putt golf/go carts/waterslides/kids running around while on a cruise. The only cruises I've been on have been ships with only about 170 or so folks and none of the extraneous 'stuff'.
But someone likes that stuff because large cruise ship experiences seem to be wildly popular!

UNLESS DCL REDUCES PRICES we have no desire to add another DCL Cruise to our cruise schedule.

I had the same opinion as OP until we went on one. Loved it - best vacation my family has ever had.

BUT...
Have not been back. Cost is a big factor, but so was our kids' age. Youngest was not old enough to go to the kids rooms (except Small World) when the two oldest were still young enough to get the most out of the clubs. Now the youngest is the right age but two oldest are in college.

YES! We're taking our first cruise in just over a week! I was one of those people who thought we never would do one but we booked it about 3 months ago. Super excited.

I never used to want to, but lately I've been seeing some of the things the newer ships have, and I must admit I am interested. The prices though - WOW! Still, I am considering it. My biggest issue is having someone to go with since they always charge for two.

Yes, been on 3. Never thought we would be cruise people, and definitely aren't fanatic about it ... it's for sure not going to be my only vacation type. I do find the DCL Caribbean itineraries to be too repetitive, and way too many 3-4 night cruises. I'm not going to all that trouble for such a short trip. No real plans to go on another anytime soon, but I would take it over the parks any day.

Yes. Cruising on the fantasy in 3 weeks. We sail 3 times a year on DCL. We stopped going to the parks years ago - too much trouble now. And so crowded. We just cruise DCL.

Yes. Just got off a DCL cruise...and have 3 more booked.
Nice. I like other cruise lines too. I really like cruising, but I get its not for anyone. I'm planning a two week land trip in Japan and its so much work. I like the easiness of going to sleep and waking up in a new city.

I will be on my 10th sailing since the pandemic later this month. I love them. I wasn't sure I would but I like the activities and also chance to relax.

We are also out of state AP holders to WDW so we do enjoy the parks too but cruising is so magical and relaxing

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter