would you eat at HS table service

We've had 50's primetime as well as sci-fi, but that's it. I'm not a huge fan of the food offerings at HS in general, but these were ok. We did 50's for dinner and sci-fi for lunch, so I think if I were there more than a day or 2 (which we usually are), I would go somewhere else for dinner at least.

We've had lunch once on each trip at Mama Melrose.DH & I each got a flatbread and shared along with splitting a salad. Our meals were enjoyable.
If we were there a 2nd day we went elsewhere to eat (we don't spend the whole day in any park)
The menu at Sci-Fi didn't do anything for us.I like the look of the menu at 50's but I didn't like the "act" on a trip 15+ years ago and I know DH would like it even less;)

I've eaten at:

Mama Melrose - 1x
Brown Derby - 1x
Sci Fi - a few times
50s Prime Time - more than a few times

They are all fine. Maybe not fine dining - other than BD (which we didn't really like that much) - but all totally acceptable places to eat.

DHS gets a bad rap, but IMO it's really CS locations that it's lacking in, not TS.

We've eaten at Mamma Melrose and Prime time before. DH really hated Prime Time because he couldn't wrap his mind around the behavior of our waitress :lmao: The whole family loved Mamma Melrose.

We had lunch at the Brown Derby (the cobb salads) & had a great time. Stopped by on a whim & they had some openings. But just 2 adults & not on the DDP so not sure what your situation is.

Yeah we enjoy Sci-Fi. We've been to 50's Prime Time Cafe, but it's been several years. I guess if we had another choice, we'd try Mama Melrose's. We traditionally just do a QS at DHS because the food selections overall aren't that good.

I'd do 50's or Brown Derby, but if we were leaving the park anyway I'd eat somewhere else.

If you have the little ones with you, Hollywood & Vine character buffet was good for our kids and adults. They had Little Einsteins, Handy Manny, and Oso. The selection was good for lunch and desserts were god. The characters had the kids up and dancing every 15 minutes. If you want a quiet meal, don't have breakfast or lunch here.

I'm not a fan of any of the DHS TS restaurants, so I either grab CS, or if I have the time, I walk over to the EPCOT hotel area, and grab a meal at the ESPN club or Beaches N' Cream.

I don't know why, but I just cannot get excited about any of the TS options at HS.

Have been to sci fi and brown derby and enjoyed both very much,will be doing sci fi again this trip, that is more for the fun atmosphere with kids this time but the food at Brown derby was excellent

We have eaten at Sci-Fi many times - love the atmosphere. The food on our last trip, however was basically inedible. HBD is outstanding. We have eaten there twice, once for lunch, once for dinner and it was truly a special experience. We were actually chosen to open the restaurant on our last trip and it was a blast. If you feel like leaving the park, though, there are some outstanding restaurants only a boat's ride away on the Boardwalk or even in WS at EPCOT.

I guess i should have said we are on the DP - we have been to hollywood and vine for lunch and we liked it. we don't have the disney chanel anymore (GASP!) So i am not sure how close my kiddos will feel to them. although my son was just gaga for Manny last year! It was so cute! We do plan on staying the day at DHS but we have a hopper and can come back at another time. I just know that DH wont like the waiters at 50's and sci fi isn't really up our alley so i don't know what to do

How close are epcot and hollywood studios---could we just zip over there for dinner?

Brown Derby is my favorite place for lunch at WDW! Love the cobb salad and champagne flight. :woohoo:

Just read you are going to alaska! That is my hubby's dream trip is an alaskan cruise --- and now that Disney is doing one...i would totally think about it! LOL

We have eaten at them all..

Mama Melrose - just did the F!Package this past May - ick. The wait was brutal and the food was terrible. No way will we be back.
50's - We had very good food and excellent service. It was a lot of fun and if you like comfort food, this is a great choice. PB&J milkshake is OUTSTANDING. The only downside..this place can be LOUD - DS8 has autism and was just too overwhelmed by it all.
Sci-Fi - For the most part we really enjoyed our meal here. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was really fun. Both our kids loved their meals, I LOVED my shrimp and pasta dish...DH had the steak and it was terrible..more like pot roast (which he isn't a fan of - especially when he orders a steak;)) - sort of stringy with a sauce he didn't love. The deserts and milk shakes were yummy. We would definately go back.
Brown Derby - We had a very nice meal here - The food was very good and the service was as well... but for some reason the expense/2 credits on the Dining Plan doesn't seem justified for us. If and when we decide to try another signature meal, we feel there are better options.

We did do H&V a gazillion years ago for the character breakfast - our kids were into the characters at the time..JoJo and Goliath! (gosh I feel old) - the food was fine. Our kids are no longer into the characters (whatever they are now:rolleyes1) and based on the many recent reviews of the food...we won't be back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter