Would you do Boma and Sanaa on same day?

No, I’d be too filled from Boma breakfast to do any TS lunch!!😂😂
Plus to us it would be a major pain to go out of park to eat and then back in. Breaks up the day too much!

So I guess I'm weird. We would have no issues doing your plan.

Maybe if you were only going to AK once during your trip, I can see not breaking up the day. But if you are going to AK more than once, I see nothing wrong with leaving for lunch and coming back. You will have plenty of time to see/do everything. Especially if you have fast passes for FoP.

Heck, we always leave the morning park, eat/relax, then go back to a different park for evening. See no difference in this situation.

Have fun OP!

I don't see a problem with your plan. First, the foods are very different, especially since you are doing breakfast at Boma versus dinner. Also, as a previous poster pointed out, you will have around 8 hours between meals. I think that's perfect. You will be very full from the breakfast buffet at Boma that you probably won't want to eat before then. But if you do get hungry, you can easily grab a snack in AK. Now I wouldn't plan on going back to AK after Sanaa, especially since you have another full day at AK. I would just hang out at AK after your late lunch and enjoy the resort. But that's just me.

I currently have 7:30 Boma breakfast and 2:45 Sanaa lunch on our AK day. I’ve never eaten at either restaurant.

We plan to Uber from our hotel to Boma for 7:30 ADR and then head to AK after we eat. Have all of our FPs before our lunch ADR, then will head back to AK for remainder of the day.

Would eat at both of these on the same day?
I enjoy both restaurants just as you have your reservations - Boma for breakfast & Sanaa for late-lunch/early-dinner.

But I would never go out of my way by taking a taxi to enjoy either place (and I'm from NYC where taxis are our friends).

However, if/when staying at AKLodge, I have enjoyed both on the same day.

I would and have. We usually just get the bread service and an app or a kids butter chicken (and possibly the amazing candy bar dessert) at Sanaa so we aren't stuffed. We usually do BOMA for dinner though. We are not breakfast people. We tend to skip breakfast or grab something on the fly in a park or in our room (a pack of crackers or something, then do Sanaa right at 11:30 so we get a window seat for a beautiful and relaxing lunch and then do BOMA later for dinner. (7pm or so).

If I were you I'd go to the park, do a later lunch and then do dinner later since you are planning on staying at the resort in the afternoon anyway...

Yes, I would. I enjoy a break from the park in the afternoon heat. This is a great resort to eat at and enjoy some time in a rocking chair viewing the animals.

For delicious food wise yes absolutely. The food is incredible, however like everyone else is saying just be mindful of all the transportation you and the family will have to endure to complete this.

I would say no just due to the travel time. As a few others said I'd do Boma breakfast and Sanaa dinner. But I would't eat anywhere at AKL for lunch if planning to go back to the parks after.

We just got back and ate at the Nomad lounge on our AK day. That could be an option without having to leave the park. It's a great place to take a midday rest while also getting some tasty food and beverages (I'm already having Kungaloosh withdrawals).

If you could I would make the lunch a dinner and if your hungry grab something in the park... so many good options. I wouldnt worry about the similarities in food... I have a Hollywood and Vine breakfast and dinner I the same day... bc I really dont like much of HS options.

You could keep the lunch just keep in mind most of your park time will be after lunch. You will have just a couple hours in the morning. If your okay with that I say go for it.... only you know how you wanna do Disney :)

I've eaten both. While I could eat them in the same day, I'm not sure logistically what you have planned is something I'd sign up for, mainly going back to the part after a Saana late lunch. If that fits your touring style, I guess? I think you're going to spend a lot of time on a bus/uber.

I'd consider either moving it later, and not going back to the park, or planning on eatting in the park and skipping Saana.

I dunno, both are good, but are time consuming to get to, even from AK. If I were staying there I might think differently. Also really depends on the group going, little kids, mobility issues, ugh, its going to be an ordeal, able body adults enthused at the possibilities... maybe.

That would be a no for me. Way too much travel time, back and forth, multiple bus trips and hassle on a park day. Learned my lesson with that and we no longer chase food at WDW. You would think AK and AKL are a hop, skip and a jump but that Sanaa lunch could take you up to 2-3 hours or more to accomplish when all is said and done. Both Boma and Sanaa are wonderful, unique experiences and AKL is amazing to visit but I’d pick one either at the beginning or end of the day and stick with that. I’d be more inclined to do dinner and that way you aren’t compromising early park time and dealing with all the morning transportation headaches. You could take time to explore the resort more too instead of rushing to get to the park. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thank you all for input. If I keep the 7:30 Boma, how long will breakfast take? Would we be to the park by 9:00 open?
We have a FOP fastpass so it’s not critical to be at park at Rope Drop.

What time do they open? As long as you're not waiting long for a table, you might make it. But... the food is SO good there, you might linger longer than you think, lol. And if you can move the Sanaa to later, I'd do both the same day, every day. Excellent choices!

This is a NO from me too. We had a trip where we were able to get Be Our Guest on the same days for lunch and dinner ( this was before they had breakfast ). Big mistake. My daughter barely touched her dinner because she was still full from lunch. How about Sanaa for lunch or dinner one day, and Boma for breakfast the next morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter