Would you do a short trip?

Mto3

Earning My Ears
Would you do a short trip if it meant you got to surprise your family member ? 4 days including travel so just 2 Park days. We are not close by so we would have to fly but I checked and the cost is reasonable right now. Most likely means we would push our 2020 trip to 2021.

We did, for our first trip. It was 2 park days and a hard ticket party night on our arrival night. I wouldn't do the party on arrival day again, but the 2 park days was great for a first trip.

That’s pretty short, and I love short trips. But not at the expensive of pushing another trip further back.

But what’s your reasoning for wanting to go?

My brother will be there with his kids. We have never gone with them. Many times with my in laws, but not my family. He has really been putting in the guil lately. The reason for the short trip would also be to minimize days missed from school. This way they would only miss 1.5 days. We just went last fall so the kids have recently done everything they want d at the parks. This would be a bonus trip.

We're planning on 2.5 days next summer, but it's following a cruise. We also have to fly and have only been once before (and once to DL). If it's in the budget, then 2 days are better than 0 days. You just have to know its a short trip and prioritize what you want to do. I think it's sweet and thoughtful that you're thinking of a surprise for family.

My brother will be there with his kids. We have never gone with them. Many times with my in laws, but not my family. He has really been putting in the guil lately. The reason for the short trip would also be to minimize days missed from school. This way they would only miss 1.5 days. We just went last fall so the kids have recently done everything they want d at the parks. This would be a bonus trip.

If going with your family is important, then I say do it. I usually put 3 park days at my minimum. We have done that a few times, early flight in, half day at the parks, 2 full park days, breakfast and home. DH really likes to get home early if he won’t have a full day before going to back to work.

How long is the flight for you?

Last edited:

Anymore shorter trips is what I do and like.
I've gone for less than 48 hours before and had a great time.
Lately its been 3 park days and then travel day on each end.
For me going shorter means I can go more often.
But in your case it seems like going on this short trip would end up meaning you'd have to hold off on your longer probably more relaxing trip so I guess it depends on how much you want to surprise the people.
Personally I'd probably skip it if it means having to put off your next trip.

No, not if it meant compromising on the next trip. I have planned shorter extra trips on occasion, but only after I knew the funds were secure for the main vacation, and there woudl be no budget cutting in order to squeeze the extra in.

Would you be bumping the next trip because you feel like it wouldn't be necessary with this trip or because of budget? If you feel it wouldn't be necessary, and it's important to you to spend the time with your family, I would do this trip. Short trips are awesome and sometimes I think they're better than longer trips. If it creates a financial crunch, I think only you can figure out if that is worth it to you. We love traveling with extended family, so for me, it would be worth it.

Would you do a short trip if it meant you got to surprise your family member ? 4 days including travel so just 2 Park days. We are not close by so we would have to fly but I checked and the cost is reasonable right now. Most likely means we would push our 2020 trip to 2021.

If it’s not your only ever trip to Disney, yes, if surprising family means that much to you. But bear in mind that the larger the group, the even less you tend to get done (at least in my experience). Also, be sure they wouldn’t mind you being there. I had to politely tell my in-laws that we did not want them coming down with my nephews for our upcoming trip. I really really wanted it to just be an intimate vacation with me, DH, and our two girls, amd I didn’t want to worry about anyone else’s plans and what they want to see.

Thanks so much for all of your replies! So much to think about. We went in 2016 and plan to be on a cadence of going every 2 years or so now so the 2020/2021 trip is not a once in a lifetime trip. For my brother, Disney is the second part of his vacation so they will have already spent alone family time. He has pointed out multiple times how we could have gone with them if we had not just gone with my in laws. I am thinking of putting the deposit on the room down for now as CBR has a good price for those 3 days. This will give me some time to save and decide if it is really worth it. I am seriously still having Disney withdrawals after our November trip which I know is clouding my decision. That and the excitement of surprising them.

Some of our greatest memories at Disney were on short trips. Not to seem mean but if traveling with extended family a short trip may be the best way to go!!! If you would go on the shorter trip could you buy season passes and maybe plan your 2020 trip when the tickets would still be active, just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter