Would you do 2 days at Hollywood Studios or MK?

I have this crazy feeling when I'm trying to figure things like this out.

For example in October I'm heading down to WDW for 8 days and I'm already (as you have to!) mapping out my daily schedule in a word document. My wife keeps telling me "make sure that we have enough days to fully enjoy F&W festival". It's so hard for me to find that balance and I think the reason is because MK is such an iconic place down there and probably for me personally. It's not a Disney trip unless I'm walking around MK soaking in the atmosphere, getting those vibes, etc. so I always get nervous that I'm not in the MK enough.

So the long and short of it, my response to the original post is MK! MK!

We recently in March did HS twice and boy did we have fun. There is now a lot to do at HS, and a lot of "must dos" now. As adults two days at HS can be appreciative more I think.

This past year I have done HS twice on each trip sans kids. Especially now with not knowing if I'll get a ROTR boarding group I plan for at least two days just in case. Of course I love the rides at HS, and the atmosphere so I can easily go back multiple days. I do love MK, but without my kids with me I don't find myself spending more than a day at the park to get all the rides in I want to do. Of course I do have an AP so I can go between all the parks, but if I didn't I would plan a full day at MK and then multiple at HS, and if I get done early at HS I would go back to the resort for some pool time, or go out to DS for shopping and a nice dinner, maybe head back to HS for some Fantasmic.

I would say DHS. Doing two days at DHS gives us the flexibility to spread out the "headliner" rides over two days. At MK, there are more attractions so the headliner rides are easier to obtain fast passes for and the wait times are generally manageable when we go (60 mins or less, which isn't terrible to us if we can't get a FP). At DHS, the FPs for some attractions are harder to obtain and the wait times seem to generally be longer.

It has never taken me a whole day to go through HS w/out young kids. My daughter, 14, and I went earlier this February. We arrived at 7 and were done by 2. We could have left around noon but had an ADR that we were looking forward to.

Also depends on crowd levels! MK has always been a 2-day for us :) ENJOY your time whichever you decide <3
Are you interested in bars/lounges? Hollywood Studios has alcohol, a tasting room type brew pub area, and the outside lounge at the Brown Derby is a nice way to pass time and people watch. Plus the Italian fast food place? can't remember the name, has upstairs seating that is fun for overlooking the park around around the Muppets fountain. What time of year? Christmas decor at HS is great, and hours are dependent on time of year. I vote HS for adults, but I love it there!

For adults, and if you guys are ride fans, HS would be my choice to spend 2 days. MK and Epcot are my favorite parks but HS has the best group of rides IMO. AK has the best roller coaster but HS has some wicked rides.

We actually switched over - our upcoming trip will be the first we will take 2 days at HS versus MK. The primary reason is that there is just so much more to do ride/show wise as well as things we would love to do more than once. In addition, the kids are now older eliminating some of the rides they care to do at MK. The vote was unanimous.

Are you interested in bars/lounges? Hollywood Studios has alcohol, a tasting room type brew pub area, and the outside lounge at the Brown Derby is a nice way to pass time and people watch. Plus the Italian fast food place? can't remember the name, has upstairs seating that is fun for overlooking the park around around the Muppets fountain. What time of year? Christmas decor at HS is great, and hours are dependent on time of year. I vote HS for adults, but I love it there!
Yeah, I'm not a big drinker and I dont drink around my daughter....just my thaang - no real reason :) I've gone all times of year and I will say that for Christmas, I stayed late for the Christmas Lights display which we don't have anymore. And I would stay longer for Star War weekends. Idk.. for a none special event type of thing, its just not a fav :) but I do enjoy it when I go.

I have this crazy feeling when I'm trying to figure things like this out.

For example in October I'm heading down to WDW for 8 days and I'm already (as you have to!) mapping out my daily schedule in a word document. My wife keeps telling me "make sure that we have enough days to fully enjoy F&W festival". It's so hard for me to find that balance and I think the reason is because MK is such an iconic place down there and probably for me personally. It's not a Disney trip unless I'm walking around MK soaking in the atmosphere, getting those vibes, etc. so I always get nervous that I'm not in the MK enough.

So the long and short of it, my response to the original post is MK! MK!
I agree MK is absolutely completely that Disney feeling❤

Well probably not drinking. It will be me and my 18 year old. We will be going this August. Ops thought this message was to me lol

Last edited:
For adults, and if you guys are ride fans, HS would be my choice to spend 2 days. MK and Epcot are my favorite parks but HS has the best group of rides IMO. AK has the best roller coaster but HS has some wicked rides.
Yes I love Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster.

Several thoughts, somewhat in conflict:

- In a perfect world, you'd have Park Hoppers and could split the three days into 1 1/2 at each park. Best of all options, but costs more.
- Since you're talking about an all-adult trip and you've been before, two days at Hollywood Studios makes sense because the Star Wars area is brand-new. Since you've been multiple times before, probably nothing in Magic Kingdom is new to you.
- Magic Kingdom has more rides /more iconic rides than Hollywood Studios, so I can also see wanting the two days in that park.
- Do you really want to see any parades or fireworks in either of the parks? If so, that might make your decision for you.

Overall, I don't see a strongly right answer, and I certainly don't see a wrong answer.

I would choose MK. Though we just added two days to our August trip so we can do both MK and HS two times. We were originally planning on one day in each park. Planning out my days for those parks is much easier now and I know we’ll feel more relaxed as we tour. But I think we’ll do 3/4 days at HS. There isn’t enough to keep us busy for two full days.

Several thoughts, somewhat in conflict:

- In a perfect world, you'd have Park Hoppers and could split the three days into 1 1/2 at each park. Best of all options, but costs more.
- Since you're talking about an all-adult trip and you've been before, two days at Hollywood Studios makes sense because the Star Wars area is brand-new. Since you've been multiple times before, probably nothing in Magic Kingdom is new to you.
- Magic Kingdom has more rides /more iconic rides than Hollywood Studios, so I can also see wanting the two days in that park.
- Do you really want to see any parades or fireworks in either of the parks? If so, that might make your decision for you.

Overall, I don't see a strongly right answer, and I certainly don't see a wrong answer.
We did plan to do the dessert party at HS since we have done MK’s twice. If they even have fireworks or dessert parties with the restrictions they may add because the coronavirus. We are going the beginning of August and hope the parks will be back to normal by then. I may add hoppers.

Are you interested in all of the new rides, star wars, and dining options? If so, then I would say 2 days at HS.

This is coming from someone who really enjoyed MK. MK I think with a good plan, can be easily managed if you have a party with only adults. HS can be managed well too, but with so many new things, having 2 days can spread out some of the stress to get them done.

Are you interested in all of the new rides, star wars, and dining options? If so, then I would say 2 days at HS.

This is coming from someone who really enjoyed MK. MK I think with a good plan, can be easily managed if you have a party with only adults. HS can be managed well too, but with so many new things, having 2 days can spread out some of the stress to get them done.
Yes we would like to do all the new rides at HS plus lunch at Sci Fi and the dessert party if it’s available.

Of course it is always easy to spend someone else’s money, but from my perspective, it is about $70 more per ticket to get park hoppers for five days, using the undercover tourist prices.

given the expected heat in August, it is a real convenience to be able to head back to the hotel for a break or a swim or whatever, and then you have the option to return to the same park or go to a different park.

if that is not an option, to me it is just a question of what you enjoy most. If you prefer thrill rides, I think you would probably enjoy two days at Hollywood studios more. If you like the experience and a bigger variety of rides, and just more options, two days at Magic Kingdom makes more sense.

We're spending 7 days, we've planned two days for HS (this of course includes one crazy ROTR morning) and one more leisure day. We also get PH so we do partial days. I really miss the old days of HS with the "movie" aspect, but I am excited to see the new additons.

Of course it is always easy to spend someone else’s money, but from my perspective, it is about $70 more per ticket to get park hoppers for five days, using the undercover tourist prices.

given the expected heat in August, it is a real convenience to be able to head back to the hotel for a break or a swim or whatever, and then you have the option to return to the same park or go to a different park.

if that is not an option, to me it is just a question of what you enjoy most. If you prefer thrill rides, I think you would probably enjoy two days at Hollywood studios more. If you like the experience and a bigger variety of rides, and just more options, two days at Magic Kingdom makes more sense.
We already bought the 4 park magic ticket from undercover tourist and linked them to My Disney Experience so I was planning on having Disney upgrade them. I’m thinking of getting hoppers that would also make it more convenient for hopping from Epcot and HS since we will be at a skyliner resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter