• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you date someone like yourself?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
if they were the opposite sex(or what your type is) , but were exactly like you , would you be drawn to them

i am not sure i would be,

No! I like being very different than DH, besides I talk a lot. If we both talked a lot we would drive each other crazy.

if they were the opposite sex(or what your type is) , but were exactly like you , would you be drawn to them

i am not sure i would be,

No. I like dating people who are different than me. I think common interests are important but I would always like a different outlook on specific matters. I don't think it's healthy to just look at something one way. My parents are happily married for over thirty-five years because they are two different people but share many common interests (and also love each other dearly). I hope one day I find that special person too. :-)

Maybe, pre-kids I was so spontaneous that I had a hard time with commitment. Yet, here I am married 10+ years so perhaps it isn't as bad as I make it out to seem.

I have a friend, we share a birthday, but he is born one year later. We are so totally alike in mind, I can predict what he is going to say, or the joke he is going to make in conversation. I thought about whether or not I would want to take our friendship a step further, but I decided not to because I would get annoyed with the downsides of my/our character. And if I can predict what the other is going to say in conversation, then I don't need to have the conversation anymore.

This should make give me food for thought. I would date "me" 30 years ago, but I'm way too boring now. Maybe it's the pandemic talking, but I'm REAALLY boring!

When I was dating I would have jumped at the chance to date someone like me--not if they were the opposite sex, of course. 😉 Who knows, though; maybe it wouldn't have worked out. In many ways my husband and I are quite different.

I think you need a blend for a successful relationship. If you have similar core beliefs it really helps. I couldn't imagine having a partner who held opposite political or religious beliefs. My DH and I are not identical but on the same side of the spectrum on both topics. On the other hand, I'm a type A super planner (my vacation plan spreadsheets have scheduled free time) and he is more laid back and go with the flow.

The best discovery I had while we were dating was that we liked the same exact pizza toppings.

Actually, I would rather find a person that was intelligent, mentally strong, easy to talk with and have a cynical sense of humor and be quick witted. Oh, wait! That describes me exactly, so the answer is yes!
Yes, I know that sounds like bragging, but let's just say that I also have a very expansive inventory of faults as well.

If the person had the same interests and likes as me, it would sure be easier- but would I date an anxiety-ridden Depressive? Eh, nope.

I would date someone with the same core values and similar characteristics that I have, but I would probably want someone to be more outgoing as I am an introvert. DH and I have similar core values and thankfully similar political views but not too much else in common. It works some times and some times we can drive each other crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter