Would you cruise with DCL if they asked to have proof of CV vaccine?

Will you cruise if a vaccine is mandatory ?

• Yes

Votes: 183 79.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 20.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For just a cruise? No, I rather put off cruising for a while if that means putting off getting a vaccination for a while. I'm very skeptical about a vaccine that hasn't even taken 1 year to check complications.
That said, if it's needed for flying, then I'll risk a vaccine since flying is required for me to see my family overseas.

While I appreciate the sentiment and value your opinion please remember to keep it within the context of this thread which is would you sail if it were required. If you want to discuss the vaccine itself there are threads on the community board.

For myself, absolutely. I'm assuming though that the vaccine is proven safe and effective before they enforce this though, which remains to be seen.
Sorry, saw this after I posted response on studies.

Yep. I think it would be a great idea, assuming we have a safe and effective vaccine that a vast majority of the traveling public can tolerate.

We plan on the vaccine for the family. So it’s all about timing for our cruise because although we might get the vaccine early, will the ships be able to sail? Sailing could start earlier if the crew is vaccinated. Probably save DCL a ton in medical costs if they did vaccinate the crew.

I have been very busy on the college boards, getting our daughter safely back to college. One thing that I heard repeatedly from parents of Florida college students (once for a different state that I can’t remember) students already in Florida know where to go and get a “fake negative” test! They don’t want to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival.

So if Disney did require guests to test prior to arrival would it be a valid test? I would trust a Disney test of course. Prefer it actually.

I do not fit into either voting tab. There needs to be a 3rd voting tab. There's "Yes", "No" and then "not at first, wait to see what happens to those who take the vaccine".
I would think you fit the “No”, and then if you did decided to change your mind, could just switch your answer to “Yes”, right?

I would think you fit the “No”, and then if you did decided to change your mind, could just switch your answer to “Yes”, right?

I took it to mean the "no"s meant they would NEVER be OK with the requirement. At least that is how I voted...

(yes with a but...)

I would NOT sail unless all passengers and crew have been vaccinated. I'm actually troubled at anyone that has already made their mind up about a vaccine based on their "research" when the vaccine isn't even available yet. That just tells me they are set in their ways and won't accept any protection for their health.

I think it will not be possible to get the vaccine for several months unless you are some sort of first responder; so assuming that it appears to work and be safe, I would DEFINITELY want the vaccine and I would HOPE it is required of all crew and guests. In fact, I have a "Fantasy" that by January when I am supposed to cruise next, maybe the cruiselines have some pull and can actually get passengers the vaccine so we can cruise....

So my job will most likely require it and I’ll be in the first wave. Do yes I’ll get it

No, I would not sail with any company that required that. They don't require any vaccinations for any other diseases right now, so why would they start? They won't, nor will any other cruise companies.

Once there are good treatments for the virus and the vaccine is out, none of us will have to care who is or isn't vaccinated onboard except for ourselves. No one will end up "trapped on a ship" or refused to be let off anymore, so it won't matter. Like the flu and any other illness, it will be travel at your own risk, just as it has been up until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter