• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you change flight times?

We always fly early mornings. And always the day before. You can not control it all-the weather, the covid test, if someone gets sick. Mitigate is all you can do. Now my fingers are crossed that come the end of the summer some of these issues with the airlines calm down. And I pass my covid test-I feel like I am back in college-LOL. And there are no tropical storms that week. Yikes- vacations these days and getting to them are very stressful!

I'd switch to the early morning flight! The flight is direct and the first one out - ideally the best of both worlds. The plane should already be at the gate. Plus, if you get bumped from the late flight, you'll be on that next early morning anyway. And bonus if it saves the cost of a night at a hotel.

Overall, we just prefer flying early morning vs. late at night, but do whatever you're comfortable with!

I understand your dilemma. I was trying to make a similar decision as you for an August cruise- 6:30pm flight 2 days before the cruise or in my case a flight at 10:30 am the next day. I ended up going with the evening flight. We're about 17.5 hours away so I also figured it would be easier to drive if our flight was cancelled 2 days before. The flight was cheaper the night before so I was able to upgrade the ticket as well for only $20 each which allowed for more flexibility. I also had enough Hyatt points to pay for an extra night at the Hyatt MCO. It is not an easy decision for sure!

I ended up deciding to change to the morning of. When I was looking at recent prior flights from my home airport to MCO the night ones seemed to be delayed by 1-2.5 hours often while morning was on time. I didn’t want to get to Disney at 2am and the delay would stress me out that it’s going to be cancelled.

Now to hope it all works out.

I ended up deciding to change to the morning of. When I was looking at recent prior flights from my home airport to MCO the night ones seemed to be delayed by 1-2.5 hours often while morning was on time. I didn’t want to get to Disney at 2am and the delay would stress me out that it’s going to be cancelled.

Now to hope it all works out.

I hope it will work out! The early morning flights do seem less likely to be delayed or cancelled!

We recently went through a similar decision for our August cruise - when I first booked flights I booked the last non-stop the day before our cruise sails on Monday. I was already getting worried as our flight was moved later and later (plus watching all the news stories about issues with flying), and then we had a situation with a trip in May where our late non-stop was cancelled due to weather. We then looked at moving to an earlier flight Sunday, but they were all a lot more expensive and the other non-stop is now at 5:10 am (early morning is not great for my family). However I noticed we were able to move to the last non-stop on Saturday for the same cost. Now best case scenario we have an extra full day to relax before the cruise knowing we are already there, worst case we deal with a cancelled or delayed flight on Saturday, but we can try to get on any flight Sunday or absolute worst case hop in the car on Saturday and start driving to make it there for Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter