• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you buy park hopper tickets now for June 2021?

TMJR

Mouseketeer
Or better to buy just base tickets? Or wait entirely?

We have rooms booked at the Dolphin, trying to decide what to do about tickets. We would like park hoppers, and plan to purchase through Undercover Tourist.

Thanks!

I have Park hoppers for Dec. The CM I last talked to said to hang on to them as they are trying to get hopping back up as soon as they can. So by then, I wold think they will have them. If not, Disney will give money back to you

Or better to buy just base tickets? Or wait entirely?

We have rooms booked at the Dolphin, trying to decide what to do about tickets. We would like park hoppers, and plan to purchase through Undercover Tourist.

Thanks!

The park hopping add on cost the same no matter when you add it. I would just buy base for now and add it once you get there if they are allowing hopping by then.

If Park Hoppers continue in the future as a product, you can always add them when you get to the park (Understand that you can't add 'per day'. You add for the duration of your trip .... So, adding on the 1st day gives you more opportunity to hop than waiting til your last day because the price will be the same.) By 2021, I have a feeling that the 'products' will be different. It might be to your advantage to wait. JMHO

I'd wait. With things changing so much due to the pandemic, I suspect things will be pretty different in a year. There's a chance prices could go up, but if it were me, I'd rather hold onto the cash now and wait closer for the trip to be sure it won't get cancelled later.

I always buy a package from Disney add everything then take away things I dont want closer to the trip.. I think you should buy them so you are locked in to the price.. very good possibilty they will go up in the spring... UT has been good to others on the board with refunds.

I booked our 2021 trip yesterday and decided on non-hoppers for now. I did notice that the price to add hoppers later appeared to be higher than when I last priced our trip a month ago. Maybe I made a mistake, but when I priced our package last month, with 7 day tickets for a family of 4 (two adults, two young children), the hopper add was $300 something. When I purchase yesterday, it said the hopper add would be $400 something. (Sorry, I don't have my spreadsheets at the moment, so can't recall exact prices.)

I didn’t do hoppers for our April 2021 stay. If hopping is available and we can go, I will probably add it later

I know people have had a hard time getting money back for the park hoppers right now. I would just buy the park tickets now, you can add the hoppers up to the day of going if they are useable.

It's (almost) always easier to upgrade than to get a refund. I grabbed my friend's ticket for January 2021 as soon as sales came back up because I wanted to be able to book park passes ASAP, but I just bought base tickets because there's no guarantee re: when park hopping will make a return. Upgrading onsite takes all of ten minutes at one of the guest services windows, so it's not a big deal if things shift in that direction.

The park hopping add on cost the same no matter when you add it. I would just buy base for now and add it once you get there if they are allowing hopping by then.

Not exactly, if you add the Park Hopper now compared to when ticket prices increase in Feb, the cost of adding PH "could" increase along with the usual annual ticket price increases. That being said, adding PH later is much less painful then trying to get a refund as was mentioned above as well. We bought our PH in Feb for our post-Thanksgiving trip right before the ticket price increase. Hindsight being 20/20 we should have waited on the PH piece. But fingers crossed PH will be back by then, especially if the parks remain as sparsely attended as they are stating out as.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter