Would you brave Animal Kingdom on May 27th?

We'll be there! Had AK planned for the 23rd and our last day in the parks is the 27th, so we switched over ASAP, grabbed up our evening fast passes and are hoping to get to see JB most of all!

Nope, DHS has EMH that night, so we're going there. We will do AK on the 28th or 29th. If it were our only chance? Most definitely ::yes::

We will be there! This is our only shot, so we are taking it! It was supposed to be our water park day, then we were going to do an evening in the MK. We are instead doing an evening in AK. I have FP booked for EE and KS. We will see the tree, the atmosphere, and try to catch the Jungle Book show. I am taking a couple of teens, and we are just going to make the best of it. We have an actual AK day planned earlier that week, so this will just be to soak in the atmosphere and enjoy. If it's too horrible we can always leave.

We'll be there. We had 5/27 planned as our AK day for many weeks. They announced the late hours well after we had all of our itineraries done, and we don't have park hoppers this time. So, I'd have to rearrange park days (and give up really good FP+ and ADRs in either MK,DHS or EP). So, despite the potential for HUGE crowds, we are embracing it as an opportunity to see something really special and new this trip! :)

Last edited:

This is our last day too and I am thinking AK will be very busy with it being the first night...Our plans for now are to do MK EMH and that is the park I have FP's at for now. Then we are headed to Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli and Illuminations and then over to Disney Studios for late night EMH.

I hate to mess all our plans up for the new night time AK activities??? I am thinking maybe Epcot and Disney Studios will be less crowded now since all this is going on and MK is open till midnight.:p:mickeybar

I just booked 3 nights free dining for DD and I in December so maybe we will just wait and check out all the night time activities then. Hopefully then ROL is up and running!

I guess we can always change our mind as it gets closer if we wanted to skip Illuminations??:idea: Why does Disney always do this to me...LOL:crazy2: LAst time they through in the 24 hour party after I had all my plans worked out..Oh well it is all very exciting!8-)

If I were there that week, I'd never TRY to be there on an opening night. But since it all came together so late, like many here, my plans would have already been made and I'd probably try to embrace the (presumed) madness and enjoy saying I was there! We don't go annually, so as cool as it sounds, I wouldn't want to risk our rare-ish trip on a tricky day, but if I kind of had no choice, of went more often, I'd make the best of it and I'm sure it will be an amazing time!!

ETA: I'm really looking forward to hearing from all of you who do go!

If I were there that week, I'd never TRY to be there on an opening night. But since it all came together so late, like many here, my plans would have already been made and I'd probably try to embrace the (presumed) madness and enjoy saying I was there! We don't go annually, so as cool as it sounds, I wouldn't want to risk our rare-ish trip on a tricky day, but if I kind of had no choice, of went more often, I'd make the best of it and I'm sure it will be an amazing time!!

ETA: I'm really looking forward to hearing from all of you who do go!
Yeah. I'm not giving up or rearranging for it. It just happened to fit perfectly in my schedule. We have one day planned in each park(no hoppers), one water park day, and we had one park day ticket to use the night of our water park day. We were planning an extra 4ish hours in the MK, but we are now going to do that 4ish hours at AK. Water Park was already planned for Friday the 27th. We are checking out the 29th and heading to Universal. I'm sure it will be insane, but we are really only swapping 4 MK hours for it so why not try!

If we were there, definitely would go to opening night. The chaos and craziness is part of the fun. Nothing like that first time atmosphere. Of course we did the ticketed Villains party a couple years ago. If that doesn't turn you away, nothing will.

Ugh, now I'm doubting myself and wondering if I shouldn't change our plans to at least end up there late at night...I wonder how bad the crowd would be if we got over there around 9 - I'm assuming it won't go into closure status....

The 27th has always been our AK day and we had already made ADR and FP. We do have another day at AK and have PH so we plan on visiting in the morning, afternoon break at resort for nap or swim, and back to AK. If it's completely insane, we can always leave and go to another park. I figure we might as well be part of history and soak up the excitement and atmosphere. Looking forward to it!

I decided today to switch our plans and head to AK the evening of the 27. It's our last day and was meant to be a day to try to see things we missed or do things again we really love. I'm most interested in seeing the tree and doing the night safari so I just secured a fastpass+ for that. If the crowds are too hateful we will won't stay too long and head over to MK to say goodbye. We're staying at BLT so that plan might actually work.

After all the agony in planning this trip I simply can't imagine not trying to go check out Animal Kingdom at night since we have the opportunity now!

Planning for May trip has been hard! I had planned to be in AK on 27 May months ago as a coincidence, but think I am going to change it now. I see many people discussing that fast passes for the Jungle Book show (whatever this may be) will be bookable from 20th May?

I'm wondering this same thing. I'm going on the 28th and there's morning EMH that day as well so I'm hoping I haven't made a terrible decision! I have FP for a night safari, Expedition everest, and FOTLK in the morning - if I can see those and go on Dinosaur a couple of times then maybe that's good enough! I hope that's not asking too much!

Well the more I think about it I think the girls and I are gonna have to go to AK for awhile that evening! We can go ahead and eat at Via Napoli at 5:15 and then head to AK and check out the festivities! If it is too crazy we will just leave and go to Disney Studios!

I am gonna just switch watching Illuminations to Tuesday night! We can do this! I am very excited and we are staying at AKV so we will be close by!:sunny: Not gonna give up my morning FP's at Magic Kingdom....Maybe after I use them I can grab something on my app for the evening at AK. If not we will just take in the atmosphere and maybe do single rider for EE.:rolleyes:

I'm an AP here, local so don't have room reservations, today at 12 was when my fp options for that day opened, I didn't stay up, I checked this morning and managed to grab an 8pm fp for myself and my daughter for May 27th. Only a few other times left, all of them before 9:15pm. I'm hoping the Jungle Book show is around 10pm and that way when/if they release fp I'll be able to get them

We plan to be at AK in the morning of the 29th, but I have no idea if my little guy will make it to anything considered "After Dark". We currently have our FPs booked for before lunch. Any idea what time the Night Safaris will start? Do they have to wait for complete darkness, or will it start towards sundown?

We plan to be at AK in the morning of the 29th, but I have no idea if my little guy will make it to anything considered "After Dark". We currently have our FPs booked for before lunch. Any idea what time the Night Safaris will start? Do they have to wait for complete darkness, or will it start towards sundown?
Sundown is at 8:15pm for the end of May, even if they were to turn on the fake permanent sunset you wouldn't see the full effect until after 8:15pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter