Would we be cutting it close for Jiko

ezma

Mouseketeer
Our plane lands at 2:30 at SFB (Allegiant) and we have a 5:20 reservation at Jiko. We have a driver to pick us up (we will need to get our luggage) and he will take us to the Contemporary ..need to check in or we can drop our luggage off at bell service, then head to Jiko . And if we need to we can also take a taxi to AKL. But would really like to check in freshen up a bit then head out. We are not going till the end of Oct.so Iam hoping Disney will release more openings. Will this be cutting it close ..should I be concerned or not. Thanks!

I think it's do-able provided that 1) The plane arrives on time, 2)You don't encounter any kind of crazy traffic en route to WDW, and 3)That your room is ready--I mean, it should be, but stuff does happen. They won't shoot you if you're a few minutes late at Jiko, but you might have to wait a bit.

I think it's do-able provided that 1) The plane arrives on time, 2)You don't encounter any kind of crazy traffic en route to WDW, and 3)That your room is ready--I mean, it should be, but stuff does happen. They won't shoot you if you're a few minutes late at Jiko, but you might have to wait a bit.
Thanks, we are coming in on a Tuesday ..but maybe it does not matter on the day with traffic. Orlando is soooo busy! This is a trip with my son ..my husband bowed out this time. And I have never navigated an airport by myself . I have been to SFB and its small so I will be ok ..maybe... if not just ask for help.. thanks again!!

Consider using a luggage delivery surface to ship your checked luggage to your resort in advance. Then you can just step off your plane and stroll out of the airport without delay.

Consider using a luggage delivery surface to ship your checked luggage to your resort in advance. Then you can just step off your plane and stroll out of the airport without delay.
Not to sound stupid, but I guess I didn’t realize a service like that existed… Thank you

Is there a possibility you can get by with carry-ons only?
Oh, Iam sorry, but I dont travel lite... :) Back in the day when luggage was free I hogged TWO suitcases.. I had to down size I now have one check in and a big carry on... Yes Iam one of those people :) Plus we will be staying for 10 days.. But thanks anyway

Jiko once accommodated us when we were caught in a massive rainstorm at Epcot, which trapped us under a tiny overhang and then the monorail went down. I called Disney dining and they put me through to the checkin desk.

I am sure that if you a delayed at any point, Disney dining at the very least would not charge you the no show fee and might be able to help. But keep checking , in particular the day before.

Jiko once accommodated us when we were caught in a massive rainstorm at Epcot, which trapped us under a tiny overhang and then the monorail went down. I called Disney dining and they put me through to the checkin desk.

I am sure that if you a delayed at any point, Disney dining at the very least would not charge you the no show fee and might be able to help. But keep checking , in particular the day before.
Thanks .. Disney usually gives you a 15 min. window to play with... I will keep checking.. thanks again!

Oh, Iam sorry, but I dont travel lite... :) Back in the day when luggage was free I hogged TWO suitcases.. I had to down size I now have one check in and a big carry on... Yes Iam one of those people :) Plus we will be staying for 10 days.. But thanks anyway
We are on the complete opposite end of that spectrum. We're heading to Italy and Portugal for three weeks with only carry-ons that fit on Ryanair. Even smaller than the carry-ons allowed on most airlines. :)

We are on the complete opposite end of that spectrum. We're heading to Italy and Portugal for three weeks with only carry-ons that fit on Ryanair. Even smaller than the carry-ons allowed on most airlines. :)
Italy.. now Iam jealous!!! Hats off to you ..I could not do it ..BUT if my husband said honey we are going to Europe and you need to just have a carry on , I guess I would try my hardest to fit everything in 3 carry- ons.:) Have a wonderful trip!!!

I honestly think you are cutting it a bit too close. It takes an hour or more to get from Sanford to WDW without traffic; you’re coming in right as the evening rush starts. I would see if you can get Jiko either for a little later or a different night.

After dozens of trips to The World, I've learned that things always take longer than you think they will, even if you think you know what you're doing. I never plan anything that's not cancelable for the first night. If I'm on time, I can check last minute reservations, and usually end up with something good, unexpected, and memorable. I've learned to embrace the spontaneous, and almost always create the best memories when I'm not trying to plan for them.

I'm with the last two PPs. If your flight is a little late, or the traffic from Sanford to your hotel is a little worse than you expected, or your room isn't ready and the line at Bell Services is a little longer than you anticipated, you could end up missing your dinner reservation.

Also, personally, if I were going over to AKL to eat dinner, I'd want to be able to get there a little bit early to look at the animals. That's part of the fun of going there.

I'm with the last two PPs. If your flight is a little late, or the traffic from Sanford to your hotel is a little worse than you expected, or your room isn't ready and the line at Bell Services is a little longer than you anticipated, you could end up missing your dinner reservation.

Also, personally, if I were going over to AKL to eat dinner, I'd want to be able to get there a little bit early to look at the animals. That's part of the fun of going there.
Thanks to everyone with the help… I was able to snag a 6:15 reservation!!! Thanks again 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter