Would someone please help us chose between Dixie Landngs and Hotel Royal Plaza?

Another vote for POR. Not just POR so to speak but for on site in general. It is a totally new experience from off site and (be warned) once you stay on site you will never want to go back to staying off site. When we went in 2000 we stayed our first night off site because we were getting in a little late. We figured why spend the extra $$ to just sleep well if I had it to do again I would have paid the extra. POR is a great resort (I like CBR a little better though). The grounds are beautiful and the resteraunt..well you've already heard it from all the others. Have fun and enjoy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I have stayed at POR (then DL) and off-site at the Courtyard Marriott for a $20 rate. I found the Downtown Disney Hotel buses to be much better at keeping a schedule than the Disney transportation. When we are in Disney, we spend little time in the room. AT DL my family really used the Ol' Man River Swimming Hole and slide, and I enjoyed the hot tub. I think you may find a different opinion if you post this question on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board.

I think the choice is clear cut POR.
We used to stay at off-site but after a few nights on-site at Dixie Landings and the WL Lodge we bought into the Disney Vacation Club right on the spot. That's how much of a difference staying on-site made. The convenience is worth every penny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter