Would someone please help us chose between Dixie Landngs and Hotel Royal Plaza?

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Travelling during busy season with an aunt and a pre-teen. Could someone offer advice between Dixie Landings Water view and a Premier tower room with jacuzzi at Hotel Royal Plaza? Not planning on doing early entry, but am interested in e- nights if they have them. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Price is about the same. For most of time, my aunt and pre-teen will be on their own.

My findings are that Disney always fixes problems. Not so offiste. Hope this helps.

Im with feefeewhite. If you get the chance always stay onsite. Dixie (PORR) is beautiful stayed there in 98 and fell in love with the place. The boat ride to DD is a great thing to do after dark. Whatever you decide have fun :D

Book onsite and wait for codes to come out (mousesavers.com). The DTD buses can be iffy. If being close to DTD is a priority , you have the boat from POR that goes straight there! For transportation, food court, and the theming of the resort, I would choose POR!

Have never stayed at your off site choice but have stayed off site and at POR and POR has everything over off site. The grounds are beautiful, the restruant and food court are great, the piano player in the lounge is fantastic, the transportation beats fighting the traffic and parking espically when it is busy. I could go on and on but I think you get the point. Always choose on site when you can:bounce:

Can't comment on your off site choice but POR is a fantastic resort the theming is wonderful. It could be a haven when you have fought through the crowds at the parks.

I would choose POR. That is my favorite. It is so relaxing and wonderful to walk around. Plus the boat to DTD is an extra bonus.

I have stayed at both places and disney resort on property wins hands down!
For So many reasons!
Mrsmom
Allstar sport dec 95"
Holiday Inn sunspree Oct 98'
Westgate lakes resort sept 2000
Royal plaza hotel Feb 2001
Wynham palace and spa Sept 2001
Westgate lakes resort may 2002
Port orleans resort ( Dixie landing) June 2002
Allstar music and Polynesian Oct 2002

We've spent the first night off-site, the last time at the Downtown Disney Hilton then we stayed at the POR. While the Hilton was very nice and all, I wouldn't stay my whole vacation off-site. I just love being at one of the Disney resorts. The theming is wonderful, there are lost of activities offered, you have the bus and boat transportation and the service is outstanding!

We loved the POR and highly recommend it, as well as any other Disney resort!

I agree with everyone else!
As I have never stayed at either, I did visit POR (dixie) a few weeks ago. I loved what I saw! That resort is beautiful, the grounds are immaculate, and very very pretty.
The transportation will be much better also, than a DTD resort bus service.
I wouldnt even hesitate on that decision :)

Laura :)

I totally agree with all the onsite comments, oh those offsite visits were not for me! If you or your aunt are a teacher, nurse or government employee about the discount rates at the Swan or Dolphin hotels.

I've never stayed at POR, but I've stayed at Hotel Royal Plaza and HATED the lanai room (and the lanai section in general) I was assigned to. It was on par with a HoJo. I've heard the tower rooms are better, and that section of the hotel did seem nicer, though I didn't get to look beyond the main lobby area.
The staff (front desk and restaurant), though efficient, weren't friendly or welcoming. Also, when I emailed my complaints to HRP management no one ever contacted me back.
Even if POR were more expensive it would still be the wiser choice. Things can go wrong at even the finest establishments, but I've found that Disney does a fine job of making right what is wrong.

I always prefer to stay on site. I have stayed at POR twice (when it was formerly known as DL). POR is lovely and tranquil. Staying on site completes the Disney feel which is a part of the total experience. IMHO

I would ALWAYS rather stay on site,,, but, Hotel Royale Plaza has two double beds plus a loveseat that pulls out into a single bed. POR only has two double beds; some rooms have the pull-out trundle (which my seven year-old was miserable on !). I guess what I'm saying is you have to decide what the sleeping arrangements need to be and base your decision on that. IMHO, I don't think anyone can enjoy the magic if they didn't get a good nights' sleep ! If two of you can sleep together in a double bed, then decision is made : POR !

Absolutely....stay at POR. I have stayed at POR 4 differet times when it was still called Dixie Landings.

Your vacation becomes magical when you stay on-site.

If you really need that hot tub or jacuzzi, there is a good hot tub near the main pool.

I'm sure you won't regret it.

I think by now you can see that on site is the way to go, we stayed at POR (when it was Dixie Landings) and it was great.

Stay at POR (Dixie Landings for Us) !!

On all our trips except one we have stayed on-site - several times at POR. Our one trip off-site was a week at the DtD Hilton that we got through a Priceline bid. The room was ok for a hotel, but to us it was just that - a hotel, nothing special or magical.

As a matter of fact the discussion on our drive home was where to stay in the future. We decided that if our only choice in the future was priceline for an inexpensive room, that we would rather not go ! We found ourselves visiting Dixie several times that trip just to give us that "we're home" feeling.

Many people have describe Riverside as a Deluxe at a Moderate price. I find that I agree with a big two-thumbs-up ! Stay there , you will truly enjoy it.

You can add our vote for POR .....no question!!!!!!

We have stayed there many times and never have had a single problem.

Feel the magic:)

Another resounding vote for POR!!! We love it there. Great theming, terrific pool. Rooms are nice, we prefer Magnolia Terrace, but Alligator Bayou is nice too. If I could get the stylye room from Magnolia Terrace with the ambiance of Alligator Bayou, well, I'ld be in heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter