Would love your opinion! AKV then BLT?

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to plan DD21 and my trip for the PHM in February 2014. We will be without the rest of the family. We've never stayed at AKV or BLT, but we are trying to be good with points since it's just us two.

So, I'm thinking of trying a Jambo studio savannah view for Thursday and Friday night. Then, we would move to a 1 bedroom (for the extra bathroom ::yes::) at either Kidani savannah view or BLT lake view for Saturday and Sunday nights.

What is your opinion? How will we get to BLT with our luggage for checking in on Saturday?

If we stayed at AKV the entire time, we would visit the MK on Friday, EXPO on Saturday and relax in our villa after the PHM on Sunday (maybe dinner at one of the AKV restaurants).

If we plan to move to BLT, we would do the EXPO on Friday and the MK on Saturday morning after checking out/in and possibly MK again on Sunday evening. We don't feel the need to visit other parks this trip.

What is your experience with moving to different resorts without a car?

I'd love any feedback! I have a few more days until I am able to book. :goodvibes

We did a split between BLT/AKL this past June. It was very easy. We just called bell services the morning we were checking out of BLT and told them we were moving to AKL. They came up about 30 min later and picked up our bags. They said they would transfer the luggage between 1:00-3:00. We got in our room at AKL by 4:00. We dropped by bell services in the lobby and they brought our luggage right up. We just kept out our swim stuff so we could swim until our room was ready!

We did a split between BLT/AKL this past June. It was very easy. We just called bell services the morning we were checking out of BLT and told them we were moving to AKL. They came up about 30 min later and picked up our bags. They said they would transfer the luggage between 1:00-3:00. We got in our room at AKL by 4:00. We dropped by bell services in the lobby and they brought our luggage right up. We just kept out our swim stuff so we could swim until our room was ready!

Thanks! What size villas did you have and were you happy with your views?

We are doing a split stay for the first time in November. We are staying at AKV 2 BD standard view for the first two days - then moving to BLT Lake View for 5 days. Personally, I would rather stay at one resort the whole time but could not get all 7 nights at BLT. We have friends going with us and they were happy to get a chance to stay at two resorts. Said they didn't mind moving at all. I am hoping that it goes as smoothly as everyone says it usually does.

We are doing a split stay for the first time in November. We are staying at AKV 2 BD standard view for the first two days - then moving to BLT Lake View for 5 days. Personally, I would rather stay at one resort the whole time but could not get all 7 nights at BLT. We have friends going with us and they were happy to get a chance to stay at two resorts. Said they didn't mind moving at all. I am hoping that it goes as smoothly as everyone says it usually does.

That sounds great! I, too, would prefer not to relocate. But since there is only the two of us, I'm hoping it won't be that bad. I'm looking forward to experiencing two new DVC resorts! Unfortunately, it's only 2 nights in each for us, but I'm hoping to have plenty of resort time in each. :goodvibes

That sounds great! I, too, would prefer not to relocate. But since there is only the two of us, I'm hoping it won't be that bad. I'm looking forward to experiencing two new DVC resorts! Unfortunately, it's only 2 nights in each for us, but I'm hoping to have plenty of resort time in each. :goodvibes

I guess we will both find out, maybe we will love it?!! We will actually have 8 people in our group. I told them don't even think about unpacking the first two nights - not worth the effort. At least we know we will have clean towels faster!:goodvibes

"At least we know we will have clean towels faster!"

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing!

Great minds thinks alike! We also have another split stay booked for March AKV/BWV. I am planning to call in August to see if I can switch to BWV for the whole stay using my AKV points. If not, we may become experts at the split stay! This is a spring break trip with our two daughters who will be both be on vacation from college.

Thanks! What size villas did you have and were you happy with your views?

Both were studios. At BLT we were on the 4th floor with a lake view. I would have liked to be a little higher but it was perfect for DH who is afraid of heights! Lol! For AKL, we were on the 5th floor at Jambo with Savannah view. It was AWESOME!!

We did a Kidani (studio) and BLT (1BR) split stay in Dec 2009 (first DVC stay).
Transferring was very easy. Bellhops moved our luggage. The one issue we had is that they lost our groceries when we transferred. Disney was very good about it.

Personally, I like Jambo better because of the lobby. However, I think the Kidani rooms have a better view.

When we were at Kidani, it was miserable cold and rainy weather. It was nice to be able to sit on the balcony and watch the animals. We had giraffes very close to our room.

It was nice to go from a studio to a 1BR.

Have a great trip and good luck with your decision.

Thanks! I think it will be nice for us to be in a Jambo studio so that we are closer to the food areas, and I hope our view is nice since that is the main reason for staying there.

I'm thinking we'll taxi to the CR with our luggage, then go to the MK while we wait for our villa. I think I will request LV upper floor.

I hope DD and I don't get too lost trying to figure out two new resorts for only 2 nights each without DH and sons - we are so used to OKW and BWV and we are not good with directions.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter