• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would love some advice!

It can be, depending on which resort and what time of year — DVC owners can find it challenging to do it for themselves! If booking more than one villa, it’s possible you’ll be working with more than one owner, especially if working with an agency as opposed to directly with an owner (such as from the DISboards DVC Rent/Trade board).
Ok, looks like I need to call the rental store and ask about availability for our tentative dates. Was considering BW/BC or OKW/SSR like the OP.

Ok, looks like I need to call the rental store and ask about availability for our tentative dates. Was considering BW/BC or OKW/SSR like the OP.
That’s a good idea. OKW/SSR are not usually a problem to book because they are pretty large. BW/BC can be difficult from mid–September through Marathon weekend in January because of their prime location close to Epcot. BC can be a problem because it’s relatively small.

That’s a good idea. OKW/SSR are not usually a problem to book because they are pretty large. BW/BC can be difficult from mid–September through Marathon weekend in January because of their prime location close to Epcot. BC can be a problem because it’s relatively small.
BC/BW can also just be difficult to rent because there are fewer owners who rent points than there are people who want to stay at those resorts.

So even if there's availability, you may not be able to rent?

Yes....being able to rent hinges on two factors....1) There has to be an owner who isn't going to use their points on their own reservation and chooses to rent those points out and 2) there has to be availability at the resort you want to book. For some resorts, both can be their own challenge. When you start looking at multiple rooms, you are looking for a lot of points, so you are looking for either one owner with a lot of points, or more than one owner. Owners can book their own home resort at eleven months - and any resort at seven months - but at seven months rooms at the high demand resorts (which include BCV and BWV) go very quickly making it difficult to rent from a non-owner. This is especially true at certain times of year.

Points for rent only belong to owners - without owners who are willing to rent there are no points.

My personal takeaway: I would look long and hard at Saratoga Springs, maybe in the Congress Park area if you want to splurge on Preferred View points.

The rooms are all newly renovated. There are two feature pools and three leisure pools, a golf course, quick service and table service dining, bicycle rentals, community hall, pool games, etc. Disney Springs is walking distance with dozens of shops and other places to eat.

It may not have the "wow" factor of BoardWalk area or grand Floridian to a frequent guest, but I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed in a balcony view of Disney Springs from CP. It's also one of the cheapest DVC locations.

Personally, I would not even consider asking 18 people to commit to the hassles of a split stay.
Thanks-
Is there a way to be sure you get the Congress Park area?
Also, only way we may do a split stay is if the older relatives dont want to come for the whole time, which would change the room configurations as we'd have fewer people when the three of them aren't with us.
The other two parties are used to split stays...

the dates you pick will also tell you what you can get.

If you want 2 resorts with things to do, my picks would be BCV and BWV. Do all 14 people not like BWV or just you?
Well, my family ( 4-5 of us). I'd be ok staying there for this trip if thats what people want. Is there a lot to do there for the older people? It WOULD be easy access to two parks....I wish they would consider a scooter!

AKL, going probably May or June 2023.
Both are popular months to book DVC.

May because it's a low-point month. June because it's the start of summer break for a lot of school systems.

It might be tough to book 3 Studios at 7 months for the harder to get DVC resorts (e.g. CCV, BCV, VGF, BWV, RIV). You'll have better one-bedroom selection. AKV-J is lovely and should be easier to get. Maybe you just book there?

Both are popular months to book DVC.

May because it's a low-point month. June because it's the start of summer break for a lot of school systems.

It might be tough to book 3 Studios at 7 months for the harder to get DVC resorts (e.g. CCV, BCV, VGF, BWV, RIV). You'll have better one-bedroom selection. AKV-J is lovely and should be easier to get. Maybe you just book there?
I think we will need two, 2BR...or at least a 1BR and a 2BR. I think I can somehow see whats available now at AK for next April - good idea!

Thanks-
Is there a way to be sure you get the Congress Park area?
Congress Park and The Springs are the only two areas which are reserved at the Preferred View rate. If you book Preferred and request Congress Park, there's an extremely high likelihood of getting it. Congress park is probably the most picturesque area since most of the rooms overlook Disney Springs. It's also close walking proximity to DS.

The Springs is very close to the High Rock Spring feature pool, Community hall and the two main restaurants.

For the cheaper Standard View, some rooms in The Paddock are also fairly close to Disney Springs (specifically request "The Paddock, close to Disney Springs" if you end up going that direction.) The Paddock also has its own feature pool and a quick service restaurant.

The Grandstand is a favorite of some because it's where the buses stop first when arriving at the resort. The Grandstand has a quiet pool and it's about 3-4 minute walk from the main building.

The Carousel is the one area of the resort which doesn't hold much appeal. Request anything else.

If you are driving or will have a car, SSR. You can drive right up to the unit. No trekking up to the lobby and down endless hallways like at AKV or BWV. Also close to DS and golf. Easier to get units together or near each other.

We've never rented a car- haven't traveled without DME :( and love a break from driving while on vacation,
but for this trip it might be a good idea.
We only stayed at BWV many years ago but am considering it now because it seems like it doesnt have the crazy long hallway walks but has a chill vibe like our beloved AKL. How is the walk to the boat/buses/dining options?

We so appreciate all of this feedback!

Is it really hard to do this if renting points? We're looking to do something similar.
Saratoga, Old Key West, and Animal Kingdom Kidani are pretty safe bets. Animal Kingdom Jambo would be trickier. Poly Studios would depend on time of year. Everything else is going to be pretty difficult.

We've never rented a car- haven't traveled without DME :( and love a break from driving while on vacation,
but for this trip it might be a good idea.
We only stayed at BWV many years ago but am considering it now because it seems like it doesnt have the crazy long hallway walks but has a chill vibe like our beloved AKL. How is the walk to the boat/buses/dining options?

We so appreciate all of this feedback!
BWV has crazy long hallways.

1654691459744.png

The walk to the boats and buses are (depending on what room you get) about as long as they are at AKV-J.

I agree with @Nabas - BWV does have very long hallways, and only one bank of elevators. The hallways at AKV might be long, but at BWV once you add in the distance from the outer doors to the bus stop and boat dock, they can easily be as far from your room as the bus stops are from rooms at AKV.

BTW if you stay at Kidani with a car, you park under the building and can park very close to the bank of elevators nearest your villa. That can be helpful, since it keeps the interior of the car cool and shelters you from the rain as well.

I'll just put this out there - I am almost 40, but for health issues I needed a scooter last summer. It was amazing. I loved it. It can be a pain with buses, but it saved me on that trip. I wouldn't have been able to do much with my kids if not for that scooter.

don't forget the Flower and Garden Festival in March to July at Epcot. If your at BWV/BCV you can just walk over. Check out (the Disney food blog) site. Lots to eat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter