Would July 2021 in Disney (2 weeks) be too much for YOU?

Also, is anyone else concerned about mask tan lines? I get dark quickly, so do my kids and but my SO even quicker. I could see my SO having mask tan lines because he gets them from his glasses in a matter of 2-3 hours, especially in Florida.

Smiles are infectious, and you ain’t gonna see any of you go this July, literally or metaphorically. 😬

We go a lot too. I was so dying to go and thought about booking. Then once 2022 opened and I booked, I was good. You go a lot. You know how that is. Once you book, you can coast on your countdown high until you get there.

But if you’re going to go next year too, maybe you can handle it. I just know that I don’t want to tie any of my Disney memories into this mess. I wanna see my daughter’s face when she hugs Mickey more than I want to ride Big Thunder Mountain with a mask on in July.

We aren’t officially booked yet but we’re planning end of 2022. Not being able to take a picture with Mickey was also on my mind. We don’t go every year (more like every 2-3ish years) so certain things we must do or it’s not worth it to us. But now I have a countdown in my head and it’s so exciting. Once I book I’ll have that countdown high.

For me, absolutely not! Two weeks is my dream trip (which we will finally be doing in 2023). We always go for 9-12 days, and there are times where I felt it was not enough time to do everything we wanted. I’m not sure I would go into the parks every day, or if I did, maybe only going in for the morning or the evening on a couple of days. Having that much time gives you flexibility. You can make your way to another resort to eat at a restaurant that you may normally consider too out of the way, or spend more time at DS, your resort pool, go to the spa, golfing (if that’s your thing) or doing some of the other recreational activities...there are so many things to do outside the parks that you can take advantage of. So, no, 14 days is definitely not too many for me!

When we go in the summer it’s always for 2 weeks because of the heat. We do things in the morning and at night. With the masks I’m not sure how long you will be comfortable for so it might be good to have breaks every day and not worry about missing certain attractions, etc.

We always go between 14-16 nights. Most of our trips have been in the summer. I love how relaxed a long trip is. I haven't been with masks yet. I plan to in 2021. I don't know if I can be any hotter. I max out on the heat. Our last trip was in June 2019. Coming from MN to Florida in summer is brutal. That is not the time to leave MN!
The extra time means you can take breaks when you need to. You can leave the park and go back to the resort for a rest. I just love not feeling like I have to rush to get things in.

It would be too much for us. Even pre covid. I get why the people coming international stay so long, but after many trips we’ve decided 5-6 days in the parks is really our limit. Now, if we were going to go to beach some days are combine other things, a 2 week trip would be doable, but we did 8 days in the park on the longest trip, and everyone was just so exhausted from all the walking.

With the state Disney is in right now it’s too long for me. Too many things are closed, no fireworks, no night shows, etc. Then add in the masks. Yea it would be too much for me.

We’ve done 9 and 10 night trips before. With the right company it was amazing. I say that because the 10 night trip was a family trip and my teenage son was cranky and just acting like an obnoxious teenager for part of the trip. It was too long of a trip. I did a 9 night trip with just DD (12 at the time) and we had an awesome time. By departure day I was ready to go home but in a good way. Had we done more days I would’ve added some more pool time and relaxation time (which we did plenty of as it was) and we would’ve been fine.

Oh, goodness do I hear you !! My DD15 is in that stage---- I dont ever remember being so cynical at such a young age--- she is impossible sometimes--- dont get me wrong. She is not rude or disrespectful--- she just gets her moments. Typical teen, like they say (although I dont like to stereotype)

And I totally get the first paragraph--- we are not really parade people, but love the fireworks. I have been a sucker for Fantasmic! for
years, and we love the dessert parties !! That would be tough for us to miss. Also, are they still doing "pool reservations"- that might be tough.

Smiles are infectious, and you ain’t gonna see any of you go this July, literally or metaphorically. 😬

We go a lot too. I was so dying to go and thought about booking. Then once 2022 opened and I booked, I was good. You go a lot. You know how that is. Once you book, you can coast on your countdown high until you get there.

But if you’re going to go next year too, maybe you can handle it. I just know that I don’t want to tie any of my Disney memories into this mess. I wanna see my daughter’s face when she hugs Mickey more than I want to ride Big Thunder Mountain with a mask on in July.

Thats what DD keeps saying--- she doesnt want our most recent memories of WDW to be pics with masks on !!!

Also, is anyone else concerned about mask tan lines? I get dark quickly, so do my kids and but my SO even quicker. I could see my SO having mask tan lines because he gets them from his glasses in a matter of 2-3 hours, especially in Florida.

I use a self tanner, (not orange...lol) so no concerns :)).
Not a vain guy, but hate when my face is pale !!!

We are considering a 2 week trip this summer. We've never done that long, but we would rent a house nearby (we have 5 kids, so the room and cost makes it a no-brainer), and we would probably do about a week in the parks and fill the other week with beach trips, hanging out and relaxing and maybe trying a few other local attractions. We aren't excited about the masks at all, but there should be ample time to do things without them.

The longest trip I have ever done was 10 days. We found plenty to do in the Orlando area. We always rope drop - Leave around 12:30ish - Head back to the resort/house and nap/swim - return to the parks in the evening. We do this every trip. For us, it's the best way to do Disney.

If I was going in July, I would think a longer trip would be a plus, because I would feel much more free to leave the parks in the hottest part of the day. If I was just there for 5 days, I'd feel like I had to be in the parks all day to get my money's worth, but a longer stay is much more relaxed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter