Would it be crazy to go June 7-first time ever?

kittycruize

Mouseketeer
We are considering going to DL June 7 for 5 nights. We have been to WDW many times, but this would be our first time to DL. It is looking like June 7 is our only option for this summer. What is some of you experts opinion of this? Not worth it? Too crazy? Or maybe not that bad and still a great time? I know nobody can truly predict what will happen, but any insight would really be appreciated. If it's going to be too insane, we will most likely just go to WDW, but really would love to go to DL!!

A trip to DLR? What's so bad about that at any time of year? Even with crowds, you can still have a great time with good planning and a positive attitude! (And who said crazy, in a Disney way, is a bad thing?!)
Here are some threads with helpful information for your trip planning:
* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! (This is a sticky thread up at the top of the first page -- TONS of good information there!) All the threads below come from this sticky.
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets -- a classic thread! It is pre-SWGE, but still will help you a lot. Keep an eye on this forum for all the SWGE news once that land opens on 5/31.
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/ -- DLR doesn't have FP+. We have MP and legacy FP -- both work great!
"Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information" by @3TinksAndAnEeyore www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2318297
Surviving Summer 2019 at Disneyland! -- Grad Nite dates are linked in this thread, so look for that.

Last edited:

Anytime is a GREAT time to visit and if staying onsite, you get a reservation for SWGE. Have a great time.

Jack

Thanks for all the encouragement of having a good time, but can anyone tell me if in their opinion it would be crazy stupid to go basically a week after SW opens? Do you think it will be massive lines to just enter the parks? Do you think capacity will be reached?

Thanks for all the encouragement of having a good time, but can anyone tell me if in their opinion it would be crazy stupid to go basically a week after SW opens? Do you think it will be massive lines to just enter the parks? Do you think capacity will be reached?
No one knows, really. But I think it'll actually be a lot less crazy during the reservation period than people might expect. From June 24, it's harder to say.

There will be lines just to enter the parks... but that's not unusual, maybe a little longer than normal. I actually don't think it'll reach capacity. But that's just my own speculation.

We really want to go to DL, have wanted to for a few years now! But, sure don't want our one and only to be a disaster if there will be capacity closings, and wall to wall people! Or is it always wall to wall people? :-)

We really want to go to DL, have wanted to for a few years now! But, sure don't want our one and only to be a disaster if there will be capacity closings, and wall to wall people! Or is it always wall to wall people? :-)
There are sections of the park, at certain times of the day, that can be shoulder to shoulder on even an average day. But there is no scenario where every part of the park will be shoulder to shoulder at every time during the day.

I'm going to say again that no one knows what's going to happen for sure. But I'd bet the reservation period isn't going to be that bad, and I really doubt that the park will hit capacity every day during the reservations period. But again, no one knows.

If you are still extremely concerned, even after all the positive feedback you've gotten here, then you probably should not go until you can book at a time when there are less unknowns. The park will always be crowded now and forever, but if you wait until SW:GE is fully open (including RotR), maybe you can squeeze in a trip before the new Superhero Land opens in 2020, or maybe you wait until that opens as well, but by then there will be the next land/ride/thing to worry about, so... there's always something.

Capacity will be reached for sure at the Disneyland side at some point during your trip. But honestly its more about mindset. When I go on a Saturday I always have the mindset of, there are going to be lots of people, and some long waits for things especially later in the day it gets. If it turns out to be emptier great, but if it is packed then I already told myself it would be like this. Sometimes it being packed lets you try things at the parks that you normally wouldn't do or things you wanted to maybe check out or try but there was never enough time for it.

So many people go to the parks for the rides, but all of them waiting for rides means things like dapper dans performances are usually fairly empty, trolley rides, I love going into the art of animation building for their drawing classes, Crush turtle talk is usually great (even as an adult), etc etc (i'm sure others can give you others). The point is there are so many things that people who come dont put any priority on and they end up missing it.

Grad nites, I think will be happening, but, if you go with a mindset of it may be crowded, but it will be fun, you will have a great time. Maxpass, as others have posted, is highly recommended. Make sure you know what everyone in your party wants to see, do, experience, so you can plan around that. This way, everyone gets something they wanted. Have fun, take lots of pictures and post them here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter