Would I regret skipping Epcot?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am trying to plan my holiday to Disney and as you know can be stressful at times! I just wanted to ask would I regret it if I skipped Epcot? I think the only reason I’d go is to ride GOTG. Im thinking about skipping it so I can have an extra day in Universal or one of the other Disney parks. What are your opinions? Unfortunately don’t have park hopper tickets as that would be the best option.

thanks for the help.

Such a personal question it is always difficult. Seems you are a thrill seeker? GOTG will likely be very busy and standing in line for a long time to see one ride in one park doesn't seem a great use of a day. For me personally, the heart of Epcot is World Showcase. It is my favourite thing to do in all of WDW. If that doesn't appeal to you then I don't think the park is worth seeing - I haven't been on GOTG but as I say I cannot imagine any ride is worth a day.

How many days you planning on being on wdw property? Hopper tickets? What do you enjoy about parks?

EPCOT is our favorite park and has been for decades. Personally, I would make an effort to go. We were there in May/June and our son and DIL rode GOTG four times and couldn't get enough! World Showcase is lovely. Enjoy!

Epcot >>>>>>>>any universal park. Even my 6 and 9 year old boys tell me that. Our upcoming trip we will go twice to Epcot and skip universal as per their recommendations

That's a really tough call. EP is my favorite park, but I'm happy just walking around in WS and poking around. If you are mostly interested in thrill rides, EP is probably not going to be your favorite. If you just want to ride GOTG, I would consider investing in park hoppers.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to plan my holiday to Disney and as you know can be stressful at times! I just wanted to ask would I regret it if I skipped Epcot? I think the only reason I’d go is to ride GOTG. Im thinking about skipping it so I can have an extra day in Universal or one of the other Disney parks. What are your opinions? Unfortunately don’t have park hopper tickets as that would be the best option.

thanks for the help.
Before our first trip to WDW when my daughter was three, I read many of these posts. At the time, many people would say to skip EPCOT because there wasn't much to do for a child that age, so we did not spend any time at that park. The next year we returned and I decided to see it, if only for a few hours. I couldn't believe how much we loved it. It is still to this day our second favorite park, behind MK. We love all the rides at this park, as well as strolling through WS. Know that many of the rides here, such as Soarin', The Seas, LWTL, SSE, are all slow rides, but we love them all and wouldn't miss any of them. We rush to get the rides in first and then spend a leisurely afternoon or evening in WS, before going back and riding our favorites. WS is a nice break from pounding the pavement to get rides in during our time at WDW.

As others have said, if thrill rides are your main goal, then I definitely wouldn't spend a day here, but if that is not your only enjoyment from the parks, then I would recommend giving it a try!

I cannot imagine travelling to Disney and not having a stroll around the World Showcase, as well as riding Test Track, Soarin, and now Remy and GoG. I personally would never miss it, but as others have said it's a personal choice and we all want different things from our trips. Having said all that, this is the first time we're visiting during F&W so I hope that doesn't ruin it for us (crowds, extra stalls etc).

No trip would be complete for us without going to Epcot, heck we'd skip MK before we'd skip Epcot. How many days tickets do you have? I know you said you didn't have PHs, which would probably be your best bet if you have less than 3 days. I actually can't imagine skipping any of the parks but I don't go for just the rides.

I agree it such a wonderful park would not skip it. Not sure when you are going but during holiday time they have storytellers at the different countries and the Candlelight Processional which are not to be missed.

If you enjoy rides, GOTG is amazing! We only had 1 day at Epcot last month - got a Boarding Group# and purchased an ILL. Aside from that Epcot usually has a less crowded feel & and a large variety of things to do.

Epcot >>>>>>>>any universal park. Even my 6 and 9 year old boys tell me that. Our upcoming trip we will go twice to Epcot and skip universal as per their recommendations

Hagrids, Mummy, velosicoaster, escape from gringots, forbidden journey, spiderman, and the theming of Harry Potter are better than anything besides GOTG at Epcot.

I do enjoy the world though. I love Epcot and wouldn’t skip it, but imo it’s definitely not better than either universal park as a whole

I go to EPCOT mostly to eat….

That having been said, I average less than 3 hours a day in the parks not eating ….

So I wouldn’t feel bad about skipping any of the parks, knowing I will be back in a few months…

Hi everyone,

thanks for the help.
We can't really say unless you tell us about a bit more about your traveling party and the number of days you have.

Epcot really is two distinct parks. The front has 4 good rides and then 2 or 3 more to tack on while you're there. The back (World Showcase) has 2 rides that most children really enjoy, plus lots of eating, drinking, and shopping. With our children grown, we really enjoy walking the World Showcase when the weather is nice or at night. My spouse really enjoys Cosmic Rewind - she thinks it's the best Disney ride ever!

You should be able to do all of Universal in 2 days. If you really want to enjoy it, book a one night at a Universal Deluxe Resort so you'll have 2 days of Express Pass Unlimited. Then you'll really be able to do all of Universal in 2 days.

Hi everyone,

thanks for the help.
Do what makes the most sense for you. I have done many trips to Orlando where I did not hit all the parks. I think we all have. It isn't feasible to go to the area for a week and see: all of WDW, all of US, Sea World, CityWalk, DS, Discovery Cove and Fun Spot. We all have to prioritize according to our own personal interests.

Part of the appeal of the area is that there is so much to do. I do not worry about the things I did not have time to do. We instead try to simply have fun doing the things we choose to do.

How many days you planning on being on wdw property? Hopper tickets? What do you enjoy about parks?
Hi, I will be staying at Disney property for two weeks but some days will be split off else where. I do just enjoy walking around and the rides of course. I’ve only been to Epcot when I was about 10 so don’t really remember much!

Do what makes the most sense for you. I have done many trips to Orlando where I did not hit all the parks. I think we all have. It isn't feasible to go to the area for a week and see: all of WDW, all of US, Sea World, CityWalk, DS, Discovery Cove and Fun Spot. We all have to prioritize according to our own personal interests.

Part of the appeal of the area is that there is so much to do. I do not worry about the things I did not have time to do. We instead try to simply have fun doing the things we choose to do.
Thanks for the advice. I think I have to reconsider my plans as I seem to want to cram everything in. Which isn’t probably the best thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter