Would HRH or RPR have a better chance of upgrading to Club?

WTG770

Earning My Ears
We are checking in for a one-night stay on an upcoming holiday. We have a room booked at each resort and our biggest desire is to be able to upgrade to Club level at check-in like we did last time. As I understand it, RPR only lets people come to club if there's an actual room on that floor available to move into. (That's what we did last time - and we lucked out with it!)

Is it still possible to upgrade to Club or add Club to your stay if you're staying in a regular room in HRH?

Is this a free upgrade? And do you just cheekily ask it during check-in?

I have a 1 night stay in Feb for HRH in a Queen Deluxe.

I was upgraded once at Hard Rock Resort .
. I was taking my 2nephews and their last name is Santana.
I always wondered if that was the trick .
Have never gotten any other type of upgrades anywhere.
Good luck. Upgrades are nice surprise .

Not
Is this a free upgrade? And do you just cheekily ask it during check-in?

I have a 1 night stay in Feb for HRH in a Queen Deluxe.
No, not free...I remember reading that at some resorts you could "add" club level to your reservation on occasion. At RPR we moved to club level to a parlor room that had a pull out sofa and no beds. It was on the club level and having that was so relaxing b/c I didn't have to feed my teens 24/7.

If available at check-in at Hard Rock, you can upgrade to club level for $150 (up from $125 last year). We did this last time. In my experience, if you are able to secure a room with an annual passholder rate,(or other discounted rate) you are better off getting the room in advance. Can I ask why you want to wait until check-in, if that is your “biggest desire”?

If available at check-in at Hard Rock, you can upgrade to club level for $150 (up from $125 last year). We did this last time. In my experience, if you are able to secure a room with an annual passholder rate,(or other discounted rate) you are better off getting the room in advance. Can I ask why you want to wait until check-in, if that is your “biggest desire”?
I have the AP regular 2Q rate room at HRH already. We had both RPR and HR, but canceled the RP in favor of hoping to land CL at check-in. I called to ask if we could add it in advance and got a no.

Telling my hungry teens that "Yes, you can have more...Eat/drink all you need while I sit here with a mimosa" just feels like such a vacation.

I have the AP regular 2Q rate room at HRH already. We had both RPR and HR, but canceled the RP in favor of hoping to land CL at check-in. I called to ask if we could add it in advance and got a no.

Telling my hungry teens that "Yes, you can have more...Eat/drink all you need while I sit here with a mimosa" just feels like such a vacation.
Book it in advance if that is what is most important to you, especially during busy holiday times.

Not questioning your interest in upgrading. It is always our choice as well. I have noticed a general lack of availability of club level rooms with the annual passholder discount on weekends. I appreciate what you are saying. Good luck. I hope something opens up for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter