Worth taking preschoolers in late June?

thmcdonald1

Mouseketeer
A cheap flight just popped up for June 22-26. We have a 5 and 3 year old, and they’ve been to WDW several times but never DLR. I found a good neighbor hotel with bunk beds, and I’m seriously considering pulling the trigger... but all the crowd calendars have me spooked.

How bad is a 9/10 or 10/10 crowd? Will my little ones even be able to have fun with it being that packed?

The first day for non-reservation SWGE access is June 24, so that may kick off some crazy crowds. With some advance planning and a lot of patience, you can still accomplish a lot, but it will probably be very busy.

I think you can have a good time in a lot of crowd circumstances, but that’s something to be aware of.

The first day for non-reservation SWGE access is June 24, so that may kick off some crazy crowds. With some advance planning and a lot of patience, you can still accomplish a lot, but it will probably be very busy.

I think you can have a good time in a lot of crowd circumstances, but that’s something to be aware of.

With the virtual queue, the crowds will be spread among the park, so the crazy crowds will affect non-GE attendees as well, huh? Hadn't thought about that!

With the virtual queue, the crowds will be spread among the park, so the crazy crowds will affect non-GE attendees as well, huh? Hadn't thought about that!
I mean, there will likely just be a lot of people that descend on the park that day who didn’t want to or couldn’t deal with reservations... but maybe not. Maybe the die-hards got reservations and with all the blockouts and people trying to avoid crowds, it won’t be super crazy after all. Hard to know! I’d expect those days to be crowded, but you can still have fun if you’re ok with crowds. Lots of fun stuff for kids (especially the smaller shows) doesn’t really get affected too much by crowds.

Yikes. We love Disneyland in the summer. But a first trip and with non school age kids right at GE opening! I don't know. The best time to go is now while the tickets are cheap and SWGE isnt open. Is the airfare only for June? What about August?

I think the 22nd and the 23rd will probably be great. I would be concerned about the 24th -26th, since those are the first 3 days that SWGE is open to the general public. The reservations made last week are not able to be modified, so no one can pick up ones that aren't being used. I could be wrong, but my gut tells me there will be a flood of people on the 24th.

I do think you should look for a trip to DLR. We love WDW and DLR. DLR is so easy with younger kids- everything is close together and you can walk pretty much anywhere in 10 minutes (even from the back of one park into the other park). If you could move it just a day or two earlier, it would be a whole lot better. You would have a lot of park time before the Star Wars flood hits.

Yikes. We love Disneyland in the summer. But a first trip and with non school age kids right at GE opening! I don't know. The best time to go is now while the tickets are cheap and SWGE isnt open. Is the airfare only for June? What about August?

Nothing in August. July 13-17 or 20-24 are the only other options.

I do think you should look for a trip to DLR. We love WDW and DLR. DLR is so easy with younger kids- everything is close together and you can walk pretty much anywhere in 10 minutes (even from the back of one park into the other park). If you could move it just a day or two earlier, it would be a whole lot better. You would have a lot of park time before the Star Wars flood hits.

My wife and I have done DLR and agree -- its much more navigable with little ones. I wish we could do a Monday through Friday instead, but we're stuck with Sat to Wed in those 3 time frames.

Now is not good - too many people using up those ticket deals!

Hmm, looks like the majority of Annual Passes are blacked out. That makes me even more confused on how crowded it will be! Ha!

I would go with July 13 if possible. Just to allow some of the craziness of opening to wear down. It will be busy all summer. But that is ok because they will be fully staffed and have plenty of entertainment. But those first few days SWGE opens to the public are likely to be crazy.

I would go with July 13 if possible. Just to allow some of the craziness of opening to wear down. It will be busy all summer. But that is ok because they will be fully staffed and have plenty of entertainment. But those first few days SWGE opens to the public are likely to be crazy.

Is there much of a difference weather-wise between June 22 and July 13?

Is there much of a difference weather-wise between June 22 and July 13?
Not really. Summer in Anaheim is light jacket for early morning and evening if you chill easily and shorts weather every day with very little chance of rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter