Worth it?

prashidzada

Earning My Ears
Is it worth going to MK on a party night since the park closes at 6pm? I'm already going to a MVMCP during my time there.

The reports are that party days are actually worth it as a normal day guest as "everyone" avoids party days as they feel like its a waste of a park ticket. Ride wait times and crowds are reported to be lower. I'm one of the people hedging that this will be true for my upcoming trip later this month and all of my MK reservations are for party days with plans to park hop around 2-4pm before it gets crazy in Main Street at 4pm.

Party days during non-holiday periods (i.e. like last week) are typically lighter than non-party days. MK sometimes opens at 8 AM on these days too, leading to lower wait times during the first hour of park operation too.

When I was there in Oct this was the case. The ride lines at MK were light compared to non-party days. I usually leave in the late afternoon anyway as I am going somewhere to eat.

Are you using a day of ticket media? Do you have hoppers? What time would you arrive?

It's absolutely 100% worth it if you are getting there for park open and can hop. Light morning crowds, leave when the party folks start arriving. Pick another day in your trip to start elsewhere (AK maybe) and get to MK for Happily Ever After.

It's less of a grand slam if you don't have hoppers, but it's still good day if you a) don't mind skipping fireworks or b) have a second MK day where you will see the fireworks. I like having a day in the middle of the trip where we call it early and get to bed at a reasonable hour.

If you aren't early risers, I'd say the value proposition is less because you get the most out of that low crowd level from 7:30 early entry to early afternoon. I wouldn't burn a day of ticket media if I weren't arriving before, say, 10am.

Is it worth going to MK on a party night since the park closes at 6pm? I'm already going to a MVMCP during my time there.
We went a few days ago on the same day as our party night and crowds were significantly lighter - we did standby on Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Big Thunder, Haunted mansion in about 90 minutes around 10A - maybe it helped that it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving - but we did a lot of standby with reasonable waits.

We went Sunday (11-26) as that was the return of our APs after the Thanksgiving blockout. It was a party night & park opened at 8am.

We walked up about 7:15 to the gates off the monorail & took pics down Main Street & the castle (almost empty backgrounds). Stood in front of Adventureland at 7:45am. 8am RD & CMs started walking. Rode JC, PotC, BTM within 45 minutes. Our Tron BG had buzzed (group 18) so instead of heading towards HM we cut thru the hub & rode Buzz (still a walk on!!) on the way. Would have tried SM but it was down so went to Tron. After Tron we started slowing down to enjoy & browsing stores while still heading towards rides & ate. We left at 2:30ish feeling pretty accomplished. We didn't ride some of the big names or see all the shows, but we have APs & don't want to wait 65 minutes (I see you Snow White & Peter Pan lol). It was a cooler overcast day with slight sprinkles so I think that also helps.

My experience this fall (I did this for a MNSSHP) is I think party days at MK are well worth it if you don't care missing the fireworks & starting early. Just be aware the food places close early & the party people will start showing up in the afternoon so we left before that overlap.

My best MK morning ever was a MNSSHP night and I look forward to repeating that great morning on a MVMCP night next week. 10/10 would do MK on a party night with a normal ticket.

Man I hope you guys are right about MVMCP mornings. We're going for it at MK on Dec. 22. We plan to rope drop and get as much done before the party and then hop over to Epcot to finish out the evening. If this works, it will definitely be worth it for us.

Man I hope you guys are right about MVMCP mornings. We're going for it at MK on Dec. 22. We plan to rope drop and get as much done before the party and then hop over to Epcot to finish out the evening. If this works, it will definitely be worth it for us.
Dec 22 will be like the ultimate test of this theory! On the bright side Dec 22 is going to be a nuthouse everywhere so you really have nothing to lose. Hope it goes great, do report back!

I think the closer you get to the actual holiday the parks are going to get more crowded regardless. That date blocks out the majority of APs.

We always went to the MK on party nights. It is less crowded and you can get a lot done in that time. I hope that this nice perk doesn't go away as more people go on party days.

Just got back from a Wednesday to Wednesday trip utilizing the party days on 11/30 and 12/5 for MK. 11/30 was very chill. Most rides were walk-ons except 7DMT and Jingle Cruise. Peter Pan was reporting at 25 minutes when we rode it but it was a straight walk through the queue and the only slowdown we had were getting past the people taking pictures with the shadow wall. We used Genie+ to book rides for the evening in Epcot. We completed everything we wanted except Hall of Presidents but that was super low on the list.

As for 12/5 most rides were 20-50 minute wait times. We kept seeing a large number of people with the same red shirt so our theory is a large org just happened to pick the day because they could get a better rate from Disney with it being a party night.

One of the other people that went on the trip monitored today's ride times and confirmed that everything was back to walk on for the majority of rides. At this point Thursday seems like a sure bet but Tuesday's are questionable without additional input from others on the boards.

Did the party morning yesterday (12/7). Crowds were super light all morning. Only things we couldn't do were because of ride downtime.

Hopped to Epcot for evening entertainment and were reminded what Disney crowds actually look like, lol!!

100% worth going to MK during the day when there is a party at night!

And, if anyone doubts, the proof is in the numbers! These are the historical crowds for MK for the past week. Check out the highlighted days (all MVMCP days) vs non-party days. These are not predictions but based on actual numbers of how many guests were in the parks!

1702071842296.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter