Worth it to pay for a preferred site?

ChristusG

DIS Veteran
We are taking our first camping trip alone to the Fort in October. We usually go with my parents in their RV. But now we have our own pop-up and are going with just our little family. We are staying for a week at the end of October and a bit into November.

Is it worth it to pay for a preferred site? They are closer to the main trading posts, right? Are they any larger? I know they have cable hookups, but we dont need that. I know that my parents got a site last year, a non preferred one, and it was tiny. When we walked out the camper door, we basically slid down a hill into a ditch area. :sad2:

I'm trying to avoid that LOL. I think I will pay for the preferred site if they are a bit larger.

It's my understanding based on talking to the CM's on the phone that the ONLY difference between the preferred and non preferred is the cable and the location. The site sizes vary in every loop. You are just as likely to get a drop off/small site in a preferred as in a non.

I've only been there once though so I am no expert by any means. When we went "looping" there weren't any loops that seemed obviously better than others. We were scouting for our next trip and there wasn't one loop that I said "I have to stay there next time".

I think the new premuim sites will be much different though as they are supposed to be wider to accomodate bigger rigs.

Since you have a pop up, I don't think you would have a problem in any loop. Just decide what location you like best and go from there. :goodvibes

cable tv is the big difference, being close to the marina and TE is nice but if you have a golf cart it doesn't matter where you are. you will have a great time no matter where you go. if you would like to save a little $ and don't need sewer 1500 & 2000 would be for you. if you want sewer 1100 is nice, 1900 is my least favorite. if you want preferred they are all nice also..Happy Trails to you............Denise

I truly don't think the preferred sites are worth the difference in $$$. There are so many more loops that are considered "preferred" now, that you could get stuck in one that is not close to anything in particular.

The cable is mostly Disney stuff, and by that I mean a never-ending selection of "All Things Disney Advertisements". They have the Disney resorts channel, the Disney cruise channel, the Entertainment at Disney channel, the Disney Theme Parks channel.... catch my drift? I think they also have 2 Orlando locals, LifeTime, a couple of Spanish channels, PAX, and I can't remember what else. At any rate.... it's not worth the extra money.

I go with what Denise said... If you don't need sewer, ask for the 1500 loop first & 2000 loop second.

Even with a preferred site, you can end up with a small site (as in the 100 & 200 loops) and can also have sites with serious drop-offs (as in some sites in the 300 & 500 loops).

Plus, if the schedule posted is correct, then ALL sites will have cable by the end of October, and 1500 and 2000 will have cable by the end of November.

We don't reserve preferred because we have satellite TV. We use the antenna to get local stations if needed, usually for news and local weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter