Worth it if not on property?

Ncrnation

Mouseketeer
I've been reading everyone's comments here and it almost seems like it's not worth it to go to Universal/IOA unless you're staying on site.

My family will be going to Disney from Dec 22-Jan2 and we were hoping to jaunt over there for a day or two but from the sound of it we'll spend most of our time waiting on lines while the hotel guest get to ride over and over.

any thoughts?

I surely would not skip Universal or IOA because of this...I am not staying on site and have not had the major problems that some have listed here. True, you are going a very crowded time of the year but with a little planning , as at Disney you will have a wonderful time at Universal..go early, use express pass which multiple day visitors can use, ride the rides in the morning and see the shows and attractions in the afternoon. Go back and ride the rides in the evenings when the parks are less crowded. We used to go in summer so we have dealt with crowds in Universal and Disney parks before there was fast pass and express pass and it is not that bad at all...have fun now...:) :) :)

If you can deal with the crowds at Disney, you can certainly handle US/IOA. Get there early and use the express passes just like you would use fast pass it WDW. It's definitely worth it!

Originally posted by Ncrnation
I've been reading everyone's comments here and it almost seems like it's not worth it to go to Universal/IOA unless you're staying on site.

My family will be going to Disney from Dec 22-Jan2 and we were hoping to jaunt over there for a day or two but from the sound of it we'll spend most of our time waiting on lines while the hotel guest get to ride over and over.

any thoughts?

i do not stay on site, i never use express unless barry is there. then i only did just to see what it is like. I ride what i want as often as i want. disney lines will be heart stopping. Plan your day and it is cake and pie:bounce:

We haven't stayed on site once, & we have been there several times ~~ I never noticed anyone riding over & over, these parks are a huge "DO!":bounce:
You will have a great time, personally I think US & IOA are 100times better than anything Disney has !

It is definitely worth it! We have been twice - don't stay on site - and have had a wonderful time. The crowds are much less than Disney so easier to manage. The parks are very different though and well worth experiencing.
We're going Christmas too (17th Dec to 6th Jan) and we're hoping to get in a couple of days at IOA and US. I would second what a previous poster said about getting there early. We are usually there when the gates open (make sure its not an early entry for on-site guests day) and have done the major attractions before any real crowds build up. Then you can wander back round soaking up the atmosphere.

Angela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter