Worth a little extra?

wifey

DIS Veteran
Just found out about the lake view rooms at SL, can any of you tell if they are good rooms to see fireworks etc? IF so may have to contact Disney again. ;) Wifey

Booking a Lake Side View at the Sequoia Lodge does not necessarily guarantee a view of the castle as the "lake" runs around each side of the hotel so you could be facing the Newport Bay Club or the New York. However if you request a particular type of room before you visit, the hotels will often do their best to meet your requests. We have just returned from the Newport Bay Club hotel and I had requested a top floor room as my autistic son likes to over the lake and Disney Village. The receptionist was extremely helpful and found us a room on the top floor with a balcony and an excellent view of the castle.

With the Newport Bay Club there is an extra charge for Admirals Floor Lakeside View rooms which covers floors 5 - 8 but it was worth every penny to see the excitement on our sons face when he saw the firework display.

If you can though, I would recommend watching the firework display at the park at least once to see the lighting effects on the castle . Watch from near the castle rather than the bottom of Main Street to get the best view.

Enjoy your trip.

:rolleyes: After reading your post I think I'll leave our ressie as it is and we will try to see the fire works in the parks and hope the weather is not too cold.It's good to know that the staff are this helpful in DLP ! :wave2: :lovestruc Wifey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter