Worst WDW Food Experience

Our worst meal for service was definitely O'Hana back in 2008. The waiter was awful and forgot to bring the kids food despite being asked 3 times. By the time I managed to get someone else to bring their meals they had eaten off our plate and weren't hungry anymore which was good because their food was cold, having sat out somewhere for at least half an hour.

The worst food experience was at the T-Rex cafe in 2009. My chicken was so dried out I didn't eat more than a bite of it. Our waiter came back once (no drink refills) after about 45 minutes, removed my full plate and never came back. Someone else brought our check which still had the cost of my meal on it. The restaurant was visually stunning and really fun to see but that whole experience really soured me on ever going back.

Other than those most of the time we have absolutely wonderful experiences dining on our vacation!

CORAL REEF!!! I never complain about food or service or wait times....it's all a part of the theme park experience. But I would NEVER be at Coral Reef again because of the trifecta of agony of bad food, really poor service and ridiculous wait times (45 mins past ressie) at Coral Reef. The aquarium is beautiful!

We had a similar experience with our first visit. Almost a hour before we were seated. Can't remember the food but the fact it took that long to seat us made me want to never come back again.

CRT - we went for lunch and more than half of us couldn't eat our meal - way too salty. Waiter wasn't nice and rushed us. We were out in less than an hour and $600 gone. All of our kids were hungry within an hour of leaving CRT. It was nice to see the castle but not for that money.

We were disappointed with our last visit as well (similar reasons). We decided after this last trip no more character meals, not worth the $$$.

What is the worst experience you have ever had with WDW food or a restaurant?
I am allergic to tomatos I told them I could not have Tomatoes 3 or 4 times I was eating my salad and guess what was in it.. yep tomato I did keep my Epipen very close to me for the next few hours...

worst meal was CRT. we waited an hour past the adr time, the waiter was incredibly rude and actually argued with us when our teen ordered the cheese sampler. he was visibly angry and when our mains came, he literally dropped the plates in front of us sending my husbands steak nearly sliding off the plate. then he left and never came back. the food was inedible. it was salted to death. the fireworks came, and went, and we picked at our horrible food and waited for our server... and waited. and waited. we flagged down 2 people and got dessert and eventually someone came over with the check. it was so late we had to just go back to the hotel afterwards. i can't convince anyone to give it another shot. they'd actually sooner try the sci-fi dine where we had hair in our food. at least they weren't rude and it didn't take all night.

our very first trip to WDW as a family on our very first ADR (dinner at Akershus), we got there about 20 mins ahead of our stated time and we waited for almost an hour and a half. I was so confused! And it made me nervous for all our other ADR, but I guess in hindsight it set us up to think any ADR where we were seated within 10-15 mins was good. LOL. The next time we went there for dinner we were in on time ;)

We've never had any truly awful "food" experiences at WDW restaurants.

However, as far as overall bad experiences, waiting 60 minutes to be seated at CRT last year was up there. We did get an anytime fastpass for compensation though.

Ours was definitely 1900 Park Fare. I love Alice and was stoked to finally do a photo op. I had snagged an ADR for 11:45 so we knew it would be one of the last breakfast settings.

We checked in at 11:30, in a full lobby, and hung out waiting to be called. Waiting, waiting, waiting...12..12:15...finally at 12:30 we realize there's no one else in the waiting area and they had closed one of the doors to the entrance! We went in and the CM looked confused. They had marked us as already seated. So she rushed us in to the restaurant, where there were only 4 other families.

Well....the characters were already gone. When I asked the server, she made a face, and then disappeared, reappearing a few minutes later to tell us there was nothing she could do. I was so sad. Then we went up to get our food...only to find most of the dishes empty and no chef to be seen. We ate some Luke warm French toast and fruit and then left to complain to the manager because that was not a $100 experience!

We could have a separate thread for quick serv....

Cosmic Ray & Tortuga Tavern are high on my list. I didnt care for the BBQ Tree either

Ours was definitely 1900 Park Fare. I love Alice and was stoked to finally do a photo op. I had snagged an ADR for 11:45 so we knew it would be one of the last breakfast settings.

We checked in at 11:30, in a full lobby, and hung out waiting to be called. Waiting, waiting, waiting...12..12:15...finally at 12:30 we realize there's no one else in the waiting area and they had closed one of the doors to the entrance! We went in and the CM looked confused. They had marked us as already seated. So she rushed us in to the restaurant, where there were only 4 other families.

Well....the characters were already gone. When I asked the server, she made a face, and then disappeared, reappearing a few minutes later to tell us there was nothing she could do. I was so sad. Then we went up to get our food...only to find most of the dishes empty and no chef to be seen. We ate some Luke warm French toast and fruit and then left to complain to the manager because that was not a $100 experience!

That's terrible! I hope they comped you!

Just got back ...

Chefs for sure. OMG I was so disappointed. I got the salmon in dill sauce with rice & asparagus. My salmon was d.r.y. and without seasoning. The rice came from a box. The asparagus was overcooked and also unseasoned. Hubby got the beef bourguignon with polenta. His beef was very good but the polenta was inedible. If it hadn't been for the lobster bisque to begin the meal it would have been totally terrible. The bisque was excellent. The chocolate layer cake was so-so.

Frankly, our lunch at Tangierine Café was 10 times better at 1/5 the price.

ETA: It was also crowded, as in the tables are close together and it was SO noisy. Ever been in a full Cracker Barrel? They are quieter than Chefs. We couldn't talk at all over dinner.

Last edited:
Worst was at Bongos at DS. Not a true Disney restaurant, but onsite. Service was fast - too fast. When your entree's arrive at the table 3 minutes after ordering and lukewarm that can only mean that they have been sitting on a steam table forever. The food was mediocre at best to downright inedible veggie mush - and overpriced.

Never again.

Our meal at Bongos was just the opposite. We were there for over 2 hours. One appetizer, two entrees, two drinks (DS had eaten something else, and just wanted a drink; DH drank water). The food was ok, overpriced though...but the wait to order, to get drinks, to get appetizer, to get entrees, to get check, to get credit card picked up, to get credit card returned....never again.

My least favorite was The Fireworks Factory, long since closed. They couldn't accommodate a simple modification to an order.

Back in the day, when I was in the College Program, Fireworks Factory was our favorite place to go on Thursday nights. Of course, I don't think anyone ever ate the food there :) but their Summer Sparkler drink was wonderful! If anyone knows the recipe, I'd love to have it!

I've been pleased over the years with food at Disney. I honestly can't remember bad meals, and most have been excellent.

The only one I can remember was our first time at Pizza Planet years ago. It was slow, crowded and the pizza wasn't very good. We skipped PP for years after that and finally went back a year or two ago. It was less crowded and the pizza was better, but still no better than average. I was never impressed with the theming and the arcade area...nowhere near what it could have been. I'm glad they're reimagining the entire location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter