Worst meal experience?

No one likes to be the complainer.....but it can be helpful to new visitors.
What restaurant should someone skip? Or has been more bad than good?

Without a doubt, Planet Hollywood.

I had the kid’s meal chicken fingers and didn’t know that it wasn’t cooked all the way through (I was a kid back then).

The next day when I woke up and was getting dressed, my stomach wasn’t feeling too good and I threw up. Long story short, that was just the beginning of a bad day for me as I was too exhausted and couldn’t even get out of bed to go to the parks and we were stuck in the hotel room on our last day on vacation.

We love the Plaza but our last time there was a DISASTER.

Last minute trip so snagged a reservation at 8:15. MK was so most crowded I've ever seen it. It was the one day that week where there wasn't a MNSSHP so apparently it was a ZOO. We missed a FP to get the restaurant in time only to wait until after 9 to be seated. CM were super nice and brought my toddler grapes and milk to eat while we waited.

Got seated and the guest at the next table over passed out. A nurse at another table was able to help but that (with good reason) delayed our orders for 10 minutes or so.

Then our waiter ends trips and my mom's food and brother's refill fall onto the floor. We all busted out laughing. Toddler fell asleep waiting for food.

The ended up giving us two desserts each and not charging for mom or toddler's meal despite us actually getting the food eventually.

We are headed back in a few months and decided just best to skip the Plaza this time.

Last Trip we went to Ohana it was always one of our favorites they changed the menu around a little and we all felt it wasn't the same.... Steak was a cheaper cut got rid of the Turkey replaced it with a not so good chicken only thing good was the shrimp..... also not a big fan of Cape May Cafe...has gone downhill in the past few years

When did they have turkey at 'Ohana? We've been going there for about 10 years and it has always been chicken.

Last edited:
I remember a few years back when 'Ohana was rushing tables we had a table of 7 on a Saturday night. They kept throwing meat on our plates. Then maybe 20-25 minutes from the time we sat down the waiter comes to our table and it looks like she was getting ready to hand us the check before she realizes she hadn't brought our bread pudding. I thought that was ridiculous. We have been twice since then and have had much better experiences.

We went to Ohana once and the firepit grill was broken. I had no idea in advance or would've changed my ADR, but we weren't even informed until we sat down at our table. Instead, they cooked everything on a flat-top grill and covered it in sauce and it was GROSS. I was SO disappointed.

Worst experience I've ever had was at Le Cellier. The food itself was very good. We had two problems, though. First, even with an ADR (I think they were called Priority Seating back then), we waited about 2 1/2 hours. We kept debating going somewhere else, but everything we tried was full. Second, the service was lousy. Personable waiter but he would disappear for long stretches. Just too many other good places to eat, especially in Epcot, and with the Epcot resorts so close. The kicker was that I asked the hostess, the waiter and the manager why we had such a long wait, and all three of them told me that that was common, even with an ADR.

Last edited:
I'm with you. I have given Yachtsman's several tries, and still can't figure out why this rates so high. I have had better steaks, elsewhere.

I agree. We ate there once and were not wowed by the steaks. The filet mignon at Le Cellier and Narcroosees were much, much better than Yachtsman.

I really like Biergarten in the Germany Pavilion in Epcot, but I will not sit in the seats right up next to the railings (separating from the "dance floor") ever again.

We were there and a large extended family sent the kids (about 8 or so kids ranging in age from 3-9) there to "burn off some energy" while they drank beer. It was in between the band sets, so the kids were running out of control on the dance floor, literally inches from me. Not dancing to the music (band was on break) but running FAST right on the other side of the railing.

I asked the server if we could move to a different table and she gave me a dirty look. I asked for a manager and waited 20 minutes, no one showed up.
I will still go back but only if they can seat me somewhere further back.

You let him throw a tantrum in a restaurant for 15 mins and didn’t take him outside ?
No, he wasn’t screaming or throwing things, he was just pouting. My younger son, a few years later at Spirit of Aloha did unfortunately have a major meltdown and I did miss almost the entire show.

I forgot all about room delivery pizza! Had this at Pop Century and it was just awful. Awful, awful. Like eating cardboard!
Just seeing you responded to my pizza delivery comment. I actually now believe that the pizza originates from Pop for both PC and AoA. So that would explain the similarity between our two tasteless orders!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter