Worst meal experience?

I know people love Beaches and Cream, but we had a terrible experience there. We weren't very hungry so we decided to get some ice cream drinks and split a sandwich. I ordered the vanilla ice cream soda. DD ordered the cherry. DH got the frozen sunshine which was rainbow sherbet, vanilla ice cream, and seltzer. To eat we got the chicken salad and chili fries. I love, love, love ice cream sodas, but this was the worst I had ever had. First there was hardly any ice cream or syrup in the drink. I asked the server if we could have more syrups in the sodas, but it didn't make them much better as the ice cream/soda water ratio was way off. DH offered DD his drink which was fine and took the cherry ice cream soda for himself. As for the food, the chicken salad was okay. I think we ordered it because we wanted something cool. We liked the chili cheese fries.

We have had a few misses:

O'hana dinner - horrible service, cold food
Crystal palace breakfast - actual moldy strawberries on the buffet.
Storybook dining - server did not know menu, he knew my allergy, said there is no avacado on the menu, we showed it to him listed and he still tried to bring the dish to me.

Well, for us, Tonys has been off the list fir years. We have had several bad experiences there.
Crystal Palace as well, honestly MK just does not have a great place to eat. Cindys for breakfast is about the best you get.

We also have given up on Sci Fi. As cool as it is, the reservation system is broken amdvthe food is also. No way you should wait 40 minutes with an ADR....has happened multiple times. Oddly enough , happens at Tonys also.

sci fi diner, really don't like how the seats are set up (we had a party of 3, very weird to eat not facing each other) Burger was ok, shake was way too think to drink, dessert was nothing special.

We had deluxe meal plan and ate at a lot of places earlier this month. The one we crossed off our list was The Boathouse. So loud we could not have a conversation. Terrible, slow service that included a glass iced tea being spilled on my son as a waiter walked by with a tray of drinks. And to top it off terribly prepared food. From a fried green tomato app that was so undercooked it was too hard to even cut, rendering it inedible, to cold, undercooked expensive ribeyes that the waitress told us had sat while the lobster Mac and cheese was made (and that tasted like pasta roni with lobster pieces in it). Service was so slow that when the tea was spilled on my son they brought him out a cup of lobster bisque as service recovery, not even realizing he had already ordered a bowl (not upset that they tried to give him the bisque). He ate the cup and we waited and waited for the apps we had ordered (the undercooked fried green tomatoes and 3 lobster bisque s) that our waitress came out asked how our apps were to which we responded that we did not have them yet. Manager came over and apologized for the wait, and after about 10 more minutes we finally got our apps. Then we waited and waited for our entrees (2 ribeyes, a lobster Mac and cheese and a turkey club). Manager came along again and apologized for the wait. Then waitress came along and said the good news is your steaks are done and they are making the lobster Mac and cheese now. And we waited some more. Finally got our entrees and steaks were room temp and one was undercooked. My teenage son (1st year culinary student) got the cold, undercooked ribeye and was so pissed at that point that he got up and left and headed back to the hotel. The rest of us ate park of our meals (nothing great) and left a huge part of it on our plates. Waitress came along and asked how the food was. We explained the issues with the steak and she cut into the strip part of it and said “this part isn’t undercooked” while the filet part was a blue bloody mess. Son, was gone and we were over it. We declined dessert, paid 8 deluxe credits and left a tip and left. Waitress and manager both knew how bad our experience was and never even tried to make it right. A $70 steak should be cooked correctly. End of story, we won’t be back.

Worst: 50s Prime Time. Over-priced obviously pre-cooked food which came out luke warm.

Runner Up: Whispering Canyon Cafe. I actually did not mind the antics with the straws and Ketchup. I did mind the food quality. Tried this both for a breakfast and dinner and had a similar experience as 50's Prime Time. They are just mass producing food and assembling to order if you get one of the Skillets.

We finally tried Sci-Fi after putting it off for many years because of the numerous bad reviews I read... we should have stayed away. Bad seating, bad lighting, mediocre service and food. The donut dessert was the one positive thing from the experience.

Our family honestly loves most of the one being listed. We love Ohana, Sci Fi, Buergarten, Crystal Palace, BOG, H&V, etc... but that is why we all say its subjective. These plus several others are the restaurants we must book every time.

Coral Reef really isnt a fav of ours... ate there once a long time ago and never went back... food just wasnt up to par. We have had a few bad servers including one at Kona that was just the worst ever but we still go back for the food.

For the Boathouse experience a couple of posts up... I would have been pitching a fit.. no way in the world I would have paid for that meal or left a tip. I also would have been on the phone with guest services. That's a truly awful experience and I cant blame your son for storming out... I would have done much worse. I dont care if I am at home or in the Disney bubble... you do not ever treat guests that way.

Now I haven't tried EVERY Disney TS but I've honestly never had a bad TS meal at Disney so there's nothing on my "never again" list. And if something wasn't quite right, it was rectified then and there.

Bad QS meals yes, but can't think of a single bad TS.
Agree, some better than others but that’s everywhere, right?

Sanaa - way overrated in my opinion. We had the first lunch reservation of the day, asked for a window table, hostess said okay but were seated in the middle of the room even though we were the first ones in the restaurant. Others that came in after us were seated at the window. Ordered the 'bread service' that everyone raves about. It was okay, but nothing I would order again. Daughter is vegetarian and ordered a salad of some kind. It came with lots of cilantro (which she hates), but was not listed as an ingredient on the menu. We made a special trip over to AKL and were really disappointed with Sanaa.

Sanaa - way overrated in my opinion. We had the first lunch reservation of the day, asked for a window table, hostess said okay but were seated in the middle of the room even though we were the first ones in the restaurant. Others that came in after us were seated at the window. Ordered the 'bread service' that everyone raves about. It was okay, but nothing I would order again. Daughter is vegetarian and ordered a salad of some kind. It came with lots of cilantro (which she hates), but was not listed as an ingredient on the menu. We made a special trip over to AKL and were really disappointed with Sanaa.
We would echo your feelings a bit on Sanaa. We went twice and did enjoy the bread service A LOT both times but did not really enjoy the other food and we really like Indian and African food so it wasn’t a new cuisine issue. The chicken had a strange texture to me like it had been microwaved. The first time we went we were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary which was noted on the reservation and we waited for a window seat which turned out to be two tables from the window in a dark corner where we were mostly staring at a chain link fence and the table full of high chairs between us and the window. We asked for a better table but the request was not granted even though I could see better empty tables. Also, we drove our car and were not informed there was no parking at Kidani except valet. It’s a haul to go back to Jambo to catch a bus to go back to Kidani.

Other places we will not return: CRT—much, much too expensive and crowded. Not the “experience” we’d hoped for. Ohana—rushed sometimes rude service and mediocre food for us. Possibly Artist Point—we had a great meal here once then an ok one, but again, it was a table issue that made me feel it wasn’t good. We were seated practically in the kitchen. When any of the wait staff went in and out we had a prime view and heard all the clanking of what sounded like dish washing or flatware being sorted. Pairing that with a couple of little ones at the tables around us that were just tired, cranky and done screaming at the top of their lungs for the whole meal made it pretty much an unbearable meal. I don’t mean to sound like I don’t love littles and understand that Disney can be a lot for them in one day but it was too much noise all together for me. I don’t want to risk ever getting that table again, lol.

We really didn't enjoy Coral Reef. The food wasn't up to par at all. Our steaks were very fatty and gristly. We didn't enjoy the food. The service was horrible too. We know service can vary from time to time, so I wouldn't avoid a place just for that. It was very loud in there too. Overall, just a poor experience. I would give a place another chance if one person's meal was bad but all of our meals were just meh or simply not good, combined with the poor service and setting we won't return.

We have been so lucky we have enjoyed the food and service at all TS we have been to over the years. We love some of the ones that people mentioned here they did not care for so I always tell people to look at menus and theming and not be discouraged by reviews to go and make up your own mind.

We had some not-great experiences at the Brown Derby and we'll probably never go back because of it. Don't get me wrong, the food and drinks were great. But both times we went the service was just awful. The first time I gave my allergy list and they gave me a dessert I was allergic to! Even after I asked it to be subbed with something else! (among other things - slow service, etc) The second time was a total nightmare - slow service, empty drinks, and the waiter needed to sort our check out like... 5 or 6 different times because he couldn't figure out how the dining plan worked - we ended up having to explain it. It was so unpleasant both times. I have heard lately they did a major overhaul on the level of service, but it's still hard to justify all that money when we've never had good service!

Also, we drove our car and were not informed there was no parking at Kidani except valet. It’s a haul to go back to Jambo to catch a bus to go back to Kidani.

Unless it's changed in the last 6 months or so, there is definitely self parking at Kidani in the parking garage. We have driven each time we've eaten at Sanaa and were instructed to park in the parking garage attached to the hotel. Sorry someone steered you wrong :(

We were disappointed in Chef's Smith's Homecoming brunch.
Would like to try at again for supper and fried chicken (without my plate being smothered in heavy gravy!) next trip.

Our worst experience ever was at The Edison. The service was horrible and the food was not good. That said though, we would give the place 1 more try ( I hate to make an everlasting decision with only 1 try ).

Unless it's changed in the last 6 months or so, there is definitely self parking at Kidani in the parking garage. We have driven each time we've eaten at Sanaa and were instructed to park in the parking garage attached to the hotel. Sorry someone steered you wrong :(
We went in late May/early June and the valet told us that they were no longer offering self parking for anyone not staying there. He said if we wanted to park at Kidani we had to valet.

Hands down ABC Commissary. Breakfast was part of our EMM Toy Story land and whilst the pastries were fresh and plentiful, the hot plates were absolutely terrible. Slop.

Our worst experience ever was at The Edison. The service was horrible and the food was not good. That said though, we would give the place 1 more try ( I hate to make an everlasting decision with only 1 try ).

We had same experience. Horrible food and service. We will definitely not go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter