Worst Hallways...BWV or AKV Kidani?

EM Lawrence

DIS Veteran
I’ve experienced the hallways at BWV but not at AKV Kindani. Is Kidani much worse? I can handle the ones at BWV so trying to figure out how bad Kidani really is!

Length wise they seem about the same to me. We've been at the end of both.

I Mapped them at one point, I don’t remember the exact distances but Kidani was a decent bit longer than Boardwalk. Hard to get lost at Kidani though.

To put in perspective if you are in the farthest reaches of BWV (nearest HS) and you walked the same distance as kidani to the front desk you would end up all the way down past ESPN.

Kidani is huge and completely spread out. BWV is half the distance and has various ways to get around.

BWV is worst. You can't take an elevator from the parking lot/garage and get off right near your villa. Plus BWV is a maze to get back to your villa. KV is just long from the lobby area.

Boardwalk hallways are plain and I don't remember seeing many windows the last time I stayed there. Kidani may be a longer walk, but there are windows to look out on the savanna for animals between the building pods. That can make it less of a boring walk, even if the distance is longer.

I've been in the next to the last room in both, and I find that BWV is short compared to AKV. On a solo trip, I counted the # of steps it took me from my room to the lobby at Kidani. A few days later, I was at BCV (it was a split stay). Those same # of steps from my room got me inside of Epcot.

So if you have a car then the hallways at Kidani are not as bad since you can park nearer to your room and take an elevator?
Yes. Kidani has several elevators and you can park relatively close. On the north wing I know you don't see a parking lot on this map; it's underground:

Dredging up an older topic, but it is also the first result when searching for "kidani elevators".

Here is an annotated version of the map using the great info above:

Kxq3nYU.jpg
If you are taking the bus, it drops you at the lobby. So it's still worse than BWV by bus.

Kidani hallways were insanely long. The windows broke it up nicely. But our last stay was a good 15-20 minute walk.

I had a room at Yacht Club a couple years ago, it was down by the Dolphin. At least as long.

No hallways at OKW, park in front of your unit... Hop in your car and off you go :cool1:

Works fine if you have a car. But if you are walking from a bus stop, it's nice to be a short walk to an air conditioned hallway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter