Worried about crew members and castaway cay

I posted on another thread but it bears repeating. Disney knew Castaway Cay was in a high hurricane area when it was developed almost 20 years ago. I'm sure the buildings and infrastructure were created to withstand hurricanes as much as possible. Someone mentioned the crew following hurricane protocol as they evacuated on Sunday. I'm sure they knew exactly what to do to minimize damage so the island can be put to rights as quickly as possible.

There are some crew that are still on the island. They have posted updates referring to their storm shelter. Many were concerned about Castaway Casey, the cat that resides on the island. The CM assured us Casey would be in the shelter along with them. Praying for everyone's safety!

I am so concerned for the crew members that live on castaway cay and the island. Really hope that they are prepared and safe.
do you really think that they (Disney) would leave their peeps out there to fend for themselves? :joker:

There are some crew that are still on the island. They have posted updates referring to their storm shelter. Many were concerned about Castaway Casey, the cat that resides on the island. The CM assured us Casey would be in the shelter along with them. Praying for everyone's safety!

I'm glad you posted that, I was worried about him. I'm also worried about the 47 horses that live on Half Moon Cay, the island HAL and CCL share. I've convinced myself that the staff on all the private islands will be okay. To think anything else is too depressing. Prayers for all.

Have they tweeted or wheree have they posted? Please share so we all can see it!

The latest NHC track has Matthew going farther west than earlier in the week. If true, that would lessen the impact on CC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter