Worried about character I saw yest.

palmtreelover08

DIS Veteran
Hi all- I know it is none of my business but I can't help or stop worrying about something I saw yesterday. I'm going to speak in a bit of a riddle in case kids are on board- but while on people mover yesterday, on a path or walkway by carousel of progress, there was a cast member- let's say half out of a meet and greet uniform- being attended to by several other cast members with pieces of uniform on ground next the them. It was scary to see- I know how Important staying in character is to Disney which is why it has me unable to shake what I saw. I don't think it was visible from ground level- but I prayed for them last night and hope they are ok. Dd (12)- has asked no less than 5x if I thought they were ok- which I assured her it was just heat related- but wow- scary. I feel terrible for them. I really think there needs to be a safer, more heat friendly way for summer meet and greets.

Oh gosh I hope they're OK. I worry about them also. I can't go during the summer because I can't tolerate the heat and humidity so when I see the pictures of parades and meets during the hot months I'm always left to wonder how they do it.

They swap out very often in the heat. They can't prevent all issues but I do think they make them as safe as possible.

Funniest thing I saw on our trip last month is heat and character related.
I was sitting out by the snack bar next to NFL area.
Anastasia and Drizzella were heading in for a break.
One of the guests asked Drizella where Cinderella was.
She answered, without missing a beat, "in the air conditioning!"
Cracked me flat up

It wouldn't surprise me if the heat got to him / her. It is miserably hot, and humid in Disney. I can't imagine what it must be like in a "meet and greet uniform."

I used to work as a character greeter. During extreme weather characters only stay out 15 min. at a time. It is hot. When they would take off their uniform, they would be covered in sweat.

Funniest thing I saw on our trip last month is heat and character related.
I was sitting out by the snack bar next to NFL area.
Anastasia and Drizzella were heading in for a break.
One of the guests asked Drizella where Cinderella was.
She answered, without missing a beat, "in the air conditioning!"
Cracked me flat up
That is funny! They may swap out for the meet n greets but if you're a character walking in a parade that is a long time to be out and active. I was just reading a TR yesterday from SWW that included pictures from the parade. A lot of those are furry, padded and otherwise covered from head to toe creatures. I got hot just thinking about walking around in the sun like that!

I'm sure it was heat related. Hopefully the CM is feeling much better today.

Hope they are ok, I can't imagine being stuck in those hot suits. They need a built in fan!

That is funny! They may swap out for the meet n greets but if you're a character walking in a parade that is a long time to be out and active. I was just reading a TR yesterday from SWW that included pictures from the parade. A lot of those are furry, padded and otherwise covered from head to toe creatures. I got hot just thinking about walking around in the sun like that!
Yeah, I feel for them too. They are not just standing around either.

Funny part about the SWW parade characters, many of them are not Disney folks. They are part of the Star Wars fan groups that do parades and such. They have a name and it's totally escaping me at the moment.

Funniest story I have heard was Wayne Brady talking about his first chance at being Tigger in the parade (can't remember if this was land our world) and gave it all in the heat trying to become the "lead Tigger" and collapsed from exhaustion, was pulled up onto a float and when he saw a picture later his head had been turned backwards. So a bunch pf people basically saw Tigger die that day :rotfl2:

That's scary. I hope the person was ok. Makes you think about whether outdoor meet and greets in the Central Florida heat and humidity are a good idea at all, especially for the non-face types. The hot weather in Orlando is just brutal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter