"Worlds Biggest McDonalds" - Timeshare note

dtauer

Mouseketeer
Just a note to anyone that's never been to the "Worlds Biggest McDonalds" on International Drive. Not only do they have a timeshare booth in the entry way, there are also people who "work" the diners.

All 3 times we've been there, as soon as we were done eating we had someone sit down next to us trying to set up an appointment to view a timeshare presentation. The first time we thought it was just another tourist being nice by asking where we were from and how often we travel to the Orlando area. But as soon as she had some basic information she started her pitch into how much money we could save by buying a timeshare in the area.

We still go to this McDonalds because my kids love it. They have the regular McDonalds food, but in addition they have Pizza and an Ice Cream shop. There are also lots of games to play, a play area for younger kids, and there is usually some sort of craft that the kids can make for around $2.

The people are not high pressure at all, and they are primarily there to set up appointments to go to the "official" presentation. But I wanted to warn anyone visiting this McDonalds that the "nice" person you are chatting with will probably use any information you give them to attempt a timeshare sale. For anyone who has a tough time saying no, this restaurant may not be for you, especially since they catch you off guard not expecting a pitch in a McDonalds.

The World's larest Mickey D's is actually at the corner Of I-drive and Sand Lake! Just behind a gas station I think Mobil.
Its awesome and fun!!

Where are these 2 McDonald's? Are they in Orlando, or Lake Buena Vista? I would like to take the kids there on our way in. Thanks.

I had totally forgotten that the same thing happened to us last year. Some woman sat next to us and started asking us where we were from. We figured out right away that she was going to try and sell SOMETHING but we didn't think it would be timeshare. LOL. She certainly didn't try to force the issue once we told her we weren't interested.

That McDonalds play place was the dirtiest, filthiest one I have ever seen. The sock rule was not enforced, in fact they ran out of the ones that they sell and were just waving everyone in. The whole place was just gross and even our ds was reluctant to go into it. Maybe they've cleaned it up since then but we didn't stop by to find out this year.:rolleyes:

We visited this McDonalds in February of this year. I would advise anyone thinking of going there to RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!! This was the most disgustingly dirty McDonalds I have EVER seen!! We thought for a quick lunch one day we'd do McDonalds...and thought, well if we're going to eat at McDonalds on our vacation, lets make it a "special" McD's. When we arrived, I actually asked someone "is this the LARGEST Mcd's??" It really wasn't that big. Upstairs is an arcade...you can win tickets to put toward (cheap) prizes. We really should have just turned around and left, but the kids were hungry and we decided to stay. I was afraid to touch anything due to the filth.The tables, floors, garbages..everything was filthy!!!! Also, the service was VERY slow. When I was ordering, I asked the employee if I could purchase some socks for the kids to wear in the playground. (We only had sandals on. At the Mcd's in our hometown, if you forget socks, you can buy them for $1.00...and they enforce the sock rule). She said they hadn't sold socks for a few years now....I asked, what are the people who come without socks supposto do? She said...."UNLESS THE HEALTH INSPECTOR IS COMING, WE DONT WORRY ABOUT IT" !!!!!!!!!!! After we ate I did let the kids go on the playground, but I made them leave their sandals on, and we went right to the (dirty) bathroom, and washed our hands.
Obviously one month later, and I still cant believe it. I went to the McDonalds website yesterday to lodge a complaint, but you have to give the store address, and I couldnt remember it. If anyone has the address, I'd be thankful for it.
Thanks for letting me vent....
Karen

We were last there two years ago. It did seem rather dirty at the time. The amount of time it took to pay and get your food was rediculous. pay in one line, then wait in another line to order and get your food? It was memorable though because while there we watched one of the most incrediable thunderstorms we've ever seen(WOW!), of course, the roof was leaking and water was literally running down everywhere inside the restaurant!!they had trash can everywhere trying to catch the water! basically, this place is just a plain ole' McD's with a bunch of games to try and snatch some more of your money. Got a kick out of the so-called "live-gators", which were no more than 12-inch babies in a fish tank(not like the big ones on the billboard). We didn't have anyone approach us about timeshares though as far as I can remember.

I have to agree that this place was pretty dirty. I felt like I was in a bad part ot town(like the old 42nd street, nyc). People hanging out all over the place.
One thing that is pretty funny is that when the salesperson comes over and askes where are you from, when you tell them, they were either from the same area or their family is.
They get so many people from all over, they get the info about important/landmarks and ride with it.
I think it is too much of a coiensidence that every time we meet a timeshare salesperson they are from the same area as me.
Too Funny!!!

I could be wrong but I think I remember reading one time that the "world's largest" was based on interior volume, not just square footage. I think it also said that recently a larger one was built in Asia, but without the extensive playarea.

I meant to type that htis Mickey D's has the world's largest play area!

My post should have said world's largest play area!

<<<My post should have said world's largest play area!>>>

It also should have said the world's dirtiest play area! LOL

We were there in October and thought it was relly dirty and the standards were quite low.

The only neat thing was the ladies washroom.......It had a ton of guilded mirrors and my fiance said that was not the case in the men's washroom. I just couldn't beleive that such a horrible, dirty restaurant could have such a luxurious bathroom.....???!!!???

It was weird.....and of course.....I took a picture...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter