Worldmark Anaheim...What's less torture Uber or self parking or walking?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
So our hotel is the worldmark anaheim.. On Google maps it's an 8 min drive. Or a 20 min walk. Is the Uber drop-off and pickup a giant hassle? Better off walking or driving our rental car?
Any advice is appreciated.

We just walked across the street to the Toy Story lot and took the free shuttle. Super easy! Can cross at Katella. Toy Story also has security in the morning from opening until 11am. Then you can bypass security at the drop off and walk right to the gates of the parks! We just stayed at worldmark in June
We just walked across the street to the Toy Story lot and took the free shuttle. Super easy! Can cross at Katella. Toy Story also has security in the morning from opening until 11am. Then you can bypass security at the drop off and walk right to the gates of the parks! We just stayed at worldmark in June. ☺️
how was the trip back at night?
We just walked across the street to the Toy Story lot and took the free shuttle. Super easy! Can cross at Katella. Toy Story also has security in the morning from opening until 11am. Then you can bypass security at the drop off and walk right to the gates of the parks! We just stayed at worldmark in June. ☺️
How was the trip back to hotel?

While we generally book WM D'Cove over WM Anaheim, we'll walk to DLR from either. No big deal for us ... but I do quite a bit of energetic walking every day.

Downtown Disney is right next to the gates of both parks. So where the shuttle drops you off, you can walk right into downtown disney. The map attached, the red circle is where the Toy Story shuttles drop you off and the blue line is downtown Disney.

Attachments

• FC4F964F-A346-4FA6-888B-C05AB6E49D96.jpeg
    FC4F964F-A346-4FA6-888B-C05AB6E49D96.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 12
Were you able to walk into it from Katella? And not from Harbor? We stayed there once and they didn't allow it but it's been years since we stayed there so maybe it's changed. I guess I should check it out cause that would change where we've been staying!

Were you able to walk into it from Katella? And not from Harbor? We stayed there once and they didn't allow it but it's been years since we stayed there so maybe it's changed. I guess I should check it out cause that would change where we've been staying!
Yes. We have walked into Toy Story lot from Katella lots of times. We used when staying at Cambria and at the Wyndham and never had any issues. We are staying at Candlewood next month and planning on doing the same. ☺️

The east of harbor Katella are the best situated for this option. South of Katella on Harbor too; but since they moved the security to the middle a few years back; it's less ideal :( -- Our prior go to off site was Hyatt Place. It's now Hyatt House for the walk vs ToyStory option.

For the win- Grand californian - we're too spoiled with DVC points.

Yes. We have walked into Toy Story lot from Katella lots of times. We used when staying at Cambria and at the Wyndham and never had any issues. We are staying at Candlewood next month and planning on doing the same. ☺️
This changes my hotel options now! Thanks!!

The OP has probably gone by this point, but given that this thread's been bumped:

I've stayed at Worldmark several times, and I just take the ART buses over. There's a pick-up area right in front of the parking garage. I'll grant that neither the app (A-Way We Go) nor the website (www.rideart.org) are the most intuitive in the world (both used to be better), and the exact route that goes to Worldmark has changed several times over the years. HOWEVER, given that it's about $25 for a five day pass, it's the most economical option. By comparison, those Uber rides add up.

The buses run from ~an hour before park open, with the last bus of the night headed back from Disneyland about 30 minutes after the last park closes. Additionally, there is real-time bus tracking on the app AND at the moment, there are actually two different ART routes that go back to the resort, so you have more options than many other nearby lodgings.

There was a time in the reopening period that lasted until relatively recently where the shuttles were only running by request in the middle of the day, but that has ended and they are back running every 20 minutes or so continuously.

I've also Ubered over before, especially if I'm going directly to one of the Disney hotels or DTD, but depending on timing of the busses and/or your Uber driver, an ART bus could well show up at Worldmark before your Uber gets there, especially with two routes stopping there. The DL Uber pickup area is also a mess at park closing time, so while the last ART bus back is always packed, it's not necessarily any less chaotic to go over to the normal rideshare area and taking an Uber back-it'll take awhile for your driver to get into and out of that area that time of night, and there will be plenty of guests and other drivers around you trying to do the same thing.

I've never gone over through the Toy Story lot and gotten on a bus there from Worldmark. While there's always a steady stream of TSL busses, those are also ART busses contracted to run for Disney, so in my head, that's walking further to get on an ART bus vs. the closer one I could use from Worldmark. The walk from Worldmark isn't horrifically far, but it's longer than most people would want to do every day, especially later in the day when you head back.

TL;DR: Just take ART. It's not perfect, but it's the best overall option IMO.

We have always taken ART as well but have had some really bad experiences recently with homeless people at the art pickup locations. There was a homeless man that hung out at the one pickup point who had a old school ghetto blaster playing gangster rap super loud. Cussword after cussword with kids trying to wait to get on the ART bus. I told him I thought it was innapropriate and he flipped out on me. I talked to the police about it and the response I got was. "Welcome to California"

The second issue we had on a second trip was multiple people sleeping on the benches there with crap strewn everywhere and when you would get in line to get on the bus they would start screaming at you to get away from them. Even though everyone was atleast 10 feet away. We ended up crossing the street to pickup the art busses on both occasions.

Unfortunately that made our trips on the ART bus twice as long and we had to walk twice as far to get the busses.

I'm hesitant to get ART passes on our next trip in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter