World War Z

The movie was horrible. Yeah, I'm a fan of the book, but I can judge a movie on its own merits, and "World War Z" was just boring and disjointed.

It did nothing that "28 Days Later" didn't already cover more than a decade ago at about 1/25th of the cost. And, "28 Days Later" did it better.

Saw the movie yesterday in 3D and I liked it. It was my first zombie movie ever.

I don't really critique to the n'th degree though, if a movie entertains me I like it, if I'm bored I don't like it.

I didn't read the book, but even if I had I realize that movies are seldom carbon copies of the book and I go in knowing that.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think it's going to be a "if you loved the book, you'll hate the movie" situation. Yes, the audio book is fantastic - it was read by several different actors, rather than the usual one reader trying to do all the voices. I "read" it first on an audio book, then read the book itself twice. I'll wait until the movie comes out on rental or comes to the $1 movie, as I don't want to pay $10 to probably be disappointed. From seeing the trailer, it doesn't look like it followed the book at all.

I haven't read the book, but I thought the movie was awful. People at our show were actually laughing at stuff that was meant to be scary.

It was too tame to be an effective zombie movie, the CGI zombies looked ridiculous, and there were so many gaps in simple logic that it was hard to take any of it seriously.

And was Brad Pitt actually doing a Pepsi commercial right before the movie ended?

It was so bad. I've heard good things about the book, so I hope that it's better than this was.

Just saw the movie today in non-3D. My granddaughter and I LOVED it! I liked it a lot better than Man of Steel. I guess everyone has their own opinion. Z has had mixed reviews. I will say that I did not find it as gory as I expected.

Just saw it. Didn't read the book. Thought the movie was very good until the last 10 minutes or so. After that point, it seemed like a made for TV movie where they had to wrap things up in the allotted run time.

:laughing: I had no clue this was about zombies, only saw the trailer, thought it looked good but thought Z meant the last letter of the alphabet so the last world war. Zombies never entered my mind. duh!

Loved the book. The book was brilliant in that is was written as an oral history, everyone's story of the Zombie War, from the first infections, to the great panic and the ongoing resolution. It told the story from people all over the world.

The movie was just Brad Pitt trying to solve the zombie problem. It was a decent zombie movie, but nothing like the book at all. Some of the zombie attack scenes were pretty intense and scary, but the zombies were too fast and fierce. And then end was completely different. In fact, the refilmed the end after they finished the first time to get the new ending.

I laughed in a couple of places in the movie but it was more of a nervous type laughter. It was very intense. It wasn't meant to be scary and certainly not gory considering the pg13 rating.

Pitt has said in several interviews that it was meant to be a trilogy and the future depended on how well the movie did.

book was great..

movie sucked.. I mean, really sucked bad..

I had not read the book when I saw the movie Saturday night with my son, and I have to respectfully disagree with you - I thought the movie was terrific. My son gave me his copy of the book after the movie, and while he told me that he loved the book and the movie was nothing like the book, he still really enjoyed the movie.

This movie was like a roller coaster thrill ride - the first five minutes were slow and stately, like going up that first big hill. After that, sit down, strap in and enjoy the ride!!!! Just what I expect from a summer action/horror blockbuster.

Saw the movie yesterday in 3D and I liked it. It was my first zombie movie ever.

I don't really critique to the n'th degree though, if a movie entertains me I like it, if I'm bored I don't like it.

I didn't read the book, but even if I had I realize that movies are seldom carbon copies of the book and I go in knowing that.

While I haven't read the book, DH had. DH knew going in, all the hype that the movie and book were nothing alike. DH loved the book and he loved the movie as well. The movie was an entertaining zombie movie. Each were weighted on their own merits.

I had not read the book when I saw the movie Saturday night with my son, and I have to respectfully disagree with you - I thought the movie was terrific. My son gave me his copy of the book after the movie, and while he told me that he loved the book and the movie was nothing like the book, he still really enjoyed the movie.

This movie was like a roller coaster thrill ride - the first five minutes were slow and stately, like going up that first big hill. After that, sit down, strap in and enjoy the ride!!!! Just what I expect from a summer action/horror blockbuster.

Totally agree!! There were spots through out the movie that got you in different ways. Spots where we were laughing, where DD16 was half hiding her face in her dads shoulder, to making you jump outta your seat. There was one spot in the movie, when DD and I looked at each other, laughed and whispered Hellraiser to each other. Someone on the crew liked that movie.

And my freak of a husband was glad to see that someone in the props department actually got their props correct. He was glad to see that they put an Israeli made Jericho in the hands of the Mossad agent.

We watched the first 10 minutes of the movie and were out of there. It was complete garbage from the start. I don't know how anyone could bear to watch the whole thing, but that's just us.

I read the book and very much looked forward to the movie, knowing full well that the movie was not going to be the same as the book. There were actually more similarities than I expected, since I already had it set in my mind that it was going to be *nothing* like the book.

I loved the book for what it was, and I loved the movie for what it was. I felt like it was a bonus - instead of reading and then seeing the same movie/book, it was more like getting to read/see two different movies/books. More exciting that way! I guess I'm easily entertained!

a tsunami of cg

THAT is a great description of almost any movie these days. That's why I really appreciate movies like Quartet that involve no CGI at all. They're becoming so few and far between. And many of the artsy movies that aren't CGI-infested are mopey or depressing.

I almost wonder if CGI is going to be the movie cliche of the 2000s-2010s. I hope so, and that we finally move beyond gratuitous CGI. Even if a movie is interesting to me (like the last two Star Treks even though I'm not a Trekkie by any means), that climax scene of CGI overload that I know is coming and will put me to sleep is inevitable.

While I did not get my Walking Dead fix, it was definitely worth seeing. We saw it yesterday and thought it was entertaining and suspenseful. Several people in our movie theater were definitely stressed in parts. :lmao:

I have not read the book but based on this thread, I would like to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter