World Showcase - Pick ONE favorite thing about each country

Daniela Rose

Best. Day. Ever.
If you had to pick just one favorite thing about each country, what would it be? Could be food, store, attraction, experience, entertainment, etc etc.

I can’t think of each...and I don’t even know that I have a favorite in each (but I’m heading there soon and I’d love to try new things).

Germany - caramel popcorn
Italy - truffle pizza from via Napoli

I’m pretty sure mine will all be food related

Mexio - Three Caballeros (and all margaritas :))
Norway - Akershus (love the restaurant, don't get the hate), Helly Hansen store
China - acrobats
Germany - Karamel Kuche
Italy - the piazza by the water
Japan - the entire shopping experience, kaki gori
Morocco - the tiled fountain room, Spice Road Table
France - lemon Grey Goose slushies
UK - the gardens and band
Canada - used to be Off Kilter, happy they brought a band back

Mexico - Gran Fiesta Tour or maybe having a meal at San Angel Inn seated at the railing so I can watch Gran Fiesta Tour boats go by... "they say we are birds of a feather..."
Norway - the cold appetizer bar at Akershus
China - Reflections of China, so many beautiful images
Germany - the Biergarten with all of the oompah music with a nice dose of grapefruit beer
Italy - a cold glass of Banfi Rosa Regale
America - the animatronics of the American Adventure, so cool
Japan - Mitsukoshi Department Store
Morocco - the chicken bastillas at Restaurant Marrakesh
France - Impressions de France - I want to ride my bicycle in the Loire Valley!!!! and get an alcoholic slushy and buy $$$ French perfume (not kidding)
UK - that amazing feeling of walking away from the stink of vomit and fried fish (I miss the Pooh meet and greet)
Canada - those steaks at Le Cellier are pretty good

I wrote my answers before looking at other people's responses, so any duplications are because I had the same preference already. :)

Mexico - the view from San Angel Inn
Norway - Maelstrom before they got rid of it :charac2:
China - the movie
Germany - the buffet at Biergarten
Italy - no current favorite here
Japan - trying Teppan Edo next month and hoping it becomes a highlight
USA - Voices of Liberty
Morocco - bastilla at Marrakesh
France - probably the new ride once it opens
UK - the friendly service at Rose & Crown
Canada - the gardens

Well when we go to World Showcase I am the package holder for my 18 year old and what she likes in each land is easy. Shopping, shopping and more shopping. She has been this was since our 1st trip when she was 5.

Well when we go to World Showcase I am the package holder for my 18 year old and what she likes in each land is easy. Shopping, shopping and more shopping. She has been this was since our 1st trip when she was 5.

That’s def going to be my 5, almost 6 year old this trip. Any shopping tips? I have an almost 6 year old daughter and an almost 4 year old daughter.

Oh. Adding China! I want to get that new cotton candy with the 5/6 layers that’s the size of my head! My girls will love that!

Canada- I really love the merchandise like the funny soap
UK- All the Beatles merch that was there last time I was there
France- The lemon slushy thing idk it was a good alcoholic drink that I needed lol
Morocco- I just love the detail of the pavilion
US- We usually skip it but I love presidents so there's that
Japan- Picking a pearl
Italy- The venetian masks are gorgeous
Germany- Caramel shop, it smells so good!
China- Haven't spent a lot of time here there used to be a miniature Terra Cotta Army, that was cool
Norway- Swedish/Scandinavian chocolate is amazing! So much better than Hershey's and See's
Mexico- The glass shop is incredible to peruse through

Sounds like my DD10. Ever since our first trip in 2014, she saves ALL her souvenir money for Epcot.

That’s def going to be my 5, almost 6 year old this trip. Any shopping tips? I have an almost 6 year old daughter and an almost 4 year old daughter.

Oh. Adding China! I want to get that new cotton candy with the 5/6 layers that’s the size of my head! My girls will love that!
My problem is I have one child and I am older. I never dreamed I would make this level of income (born very poor in the south). And my child is studying engineering in the fall so I find it hard to say no. My issue is elephants, she loves them and my house must have 500 stone,crystal and stuffed elephants.

Mexio - I love how the marketplace is set up
Norway - We loved the Thor exhibit that was there in September.
China - 9 Dragons
Germany - Karamel Kuche
Italy - grabbing a glass of wine at the wine shop
Japan - Teppan Edo
Morocco - shopping and Moroccan Mint Tea
France - pastries
UK - the gardens and band
Canada - Labatt's

Mexico- La Cava!
Norway- I always loved Maelstrom, and especially the movie at the end of the ride. Now? Sweet almond pretzel.
China- I love poking through the store, and the move. BEST China memory was when DD was about 14. We did the Mulan M&G... nobody else was there so Mulan took DD through the museum and told her about her home. Mulan has always been DD's favorite, and this was a very special experience, to share the cultural heritage.
Germany- Biergarten with the band and dancing and buffet and grapefruit beer!
Italy- They used to have masquerade/carnival characters that would interact with you (mimes, of course)
USA- Voices of Liberty (although for years they did a colonial marching thing with the kids, told them they were Sons and Daughters of Liberty, and gave them copies of the Declaration of Independence)
Japan- pick a pearl
Morocco- shopping, getting matching henna tattoos with DD
France- movie, grey goose slushy
UK- the outdoor band (loved when they had the Beatles impersonators)
Canada- I love walking all the way up through the pavilion.

My favorites (you might notice a theme...) - Sorry I didn't do just one, but I thought of them as combos:
Mexico - La Cava's Jalapeno Margarita!
Norway - "A Girly Beer"
China - Tipsy Ducks in Love, pot stickers, the acrobats
Refreshment Outpost - Safari Amber & the carvers
Germany - Wine tasting & caramel corn
Italy - Tutto Gusto wine tasting & cheese plate!
United States - a craft beer & The American Adventure
Morocco - Casa beer
Japan - Iced Kirin & sushi or the Sake tasting in the department store (don't love sake, but the experience is fun!)
France - Citron Slushie
UK - Rose & Crown beer combos and a Scotch Egg & British Revolution
Canada - Beer cheese soup in LeCellier & a beer & the moose hats...

You can tell we love Drinking Around the World Showcase and Showcase Snacking! We love sharing beverages and snacks so we don't get bombed, and we really enjoy the personalized (inexpensive) passports we found online for funatics. It is fun to get a photo in every country wearing the hat of the country, as a memento of our pub crawl.

Thanks for the post - I have enjoyed reading everyone else's responses!!

Mexico - I love the volcano background inside the pyramid and the painted day of the dead skulls
Norway - FEA
China - Resting in the shade next to the temple
Germany - Caramel corn
Italy - pizza
Japan - definitely the shopping. There is always something fun to see in there
Morocco - fez
France - desserts
UK - the shops
Canada - popcorn

Canada - The little bit of risotto that directly touches the steak
UK - The pub blends
France - The fake street vendor/artist stations selling things by the "Seine" just like in Paris
Morocco - I just love looking at the tilework
Japan - Kawaii exhibit
USA - Robots climbing stairs!
Italy - Browsing the shops (especially the masks)
Germany - Taking photos of things and sending them to my best friend in Germany telling him "This is what Americans have reduced your country to" and his horrified reaction every time
China - The exhibit about Shanghai Disneyland inspired me to go there last year
Norway - Frozen Ever After
Mexico - Pretty much everything. I think this is overall my favorite pavilion. I am very interested in the Day of the Dead, so the exhibits, merchandise, Coco show, etc. related to that is always a must for me

Last edited:
Mexico - my favorite pavilion overall....love the food, 3 caballeros, and the avocado margarita
Japan - my second favorite...kaki gori and sitting in the garden area (which is never overly crowded and so peaceful)
Canada - the waterfall and walking through the garden
UK - beer ;)
France - Grey goose slush
Morocco - the beautiful tile work
Italy - street performers and the frozen italian margarita
Germany - Biergarten and the Teddy Bear shop
China - acrobats and kung fu punch
Norway - FEA
America - The Smokehouse booth during F&G

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter