World Showcase Disappointment

Sashacrab

Earning My Ears
We just got back from Disney a week ago. Epcot, specifically the World Showcase, is our favorite place in WDW. We go there every night of our WDW vacations. I was surprised (and fearful) about the disappearance of two of our “Must-do’s”.

1. Agent P. We did the Phineas and Ferb Agent P Adventure our first night. We accidentally took the phone back to our room with us (not a first). When we went the next night, all of the carts were closed. The night after that (a Friday night), the carts were closed again. Is Agent P gone? I hope not, or I hope they are going to update/implement a new adventure.

2. Where are Pooh and Tigger? I didn’t take the time to ask while I was there, but Pooh and Tigger were not in Christopher Robin’s bedroom any of our nights there either!

Can anyone tell me if Agent P and/or Pooh and Tigger are gone?

Okay, so I’ll finish up with the positives. I really enjoy seeing the updates, including Norway. We were unable to get FP for Frozen, so we’ll save it for another trip. The Anna & Elsa line is super short. They are not favorites for my children (yeah, surprising), but I like them, so we jumped in line (10 minutes). Funny to think about the 240 minute line we saw a few trips ago in MK.

I was happy to see that Matsuriza hasn’t gone away. We tried the new (to us) Canada show. While it’s better than the log show, it’s nothing compared to Off Kilter. Okay, so I snuck another disappointment into my post. While I’m at it, I have to say that I miss Mo Rockin’ too. =(

The crowds were scary low, even on Friday night.

A few other thoughts… The bathroom in Germany is installed incorrectly. The toilet paper dispensers were put on the wrong side of the stalls. The toilets are offset to the right to allow for the toilet paper to be installed on the left, but they put them on the right so you have to use the bathroom sideways (unless you want the toilet paper dispenser in your face). I’ve never noticed this before. Not sure if they were recently renovated???

LOVED seeing Baymax! Loved LOVED, the new Soarin’ ride. Disney Chase Visa line was always short. The children love that experience. The food in France (Bakery) is still my favorite (along with the prices). The larger variety of beer in America is great too!

Another side-note that my husband just mentioned... The squirrels were in our stroller eating food at least twice. We always bring our food and have never had this problem. I think it was the cocoa almonds that attracted them. They didn't touch our sandwiches or the smoked almonds. Next time I'll pack in something better than a Walmart bag.

2. Where are Pooh and Tigger? I didn’t take the time to ask while I was there, but Pooh and Tigger were not in Christopher Robin’s bedroom any of our nights there either!
Pooh and Tigger no longer meet in Epcot. They left to make way for the meets for the Inside Out characters and Baymax and his team.

I don't know about Agent P, but Pooh and Tigger were discontinued earlier this year :(

There have been lots of reports of squirrels and birds stealing food from strollers lately. Smart little devils. Sounds like other than a few small glitches, you have a good trip.

Too late for you now but there are phone drop-offs in the different countries. When we were in Japan, it was in a small corner outside the store. They instructions on the phone showed us a picture of the "box" since it is hidden from view.

We watched squirrels hopping into stroller baskets in every single stroller parked by the seas in Epcot one day. They methodically went from stroller to stroller. They got all sorts of treats from them.

I know pooh and tigger were meeting in America a few weeks ago. Idk if it was just a training meet or something else (sailor suit Donald and liverlips were also there and maybe more of the fab 5)

We just got back from Disney a week ago. Epcot, specifically the World Showcase, is our favorite place in WDW. We go there every night of our WDW vacations. I was surprised (and fearful) about the disappearance of two of our “Must-do’s”.

1. Agent P. We did the Phineas and Ferb Agent P Adventure our first night. We accidentally took the phone back to our room with us (not a first). When we went the next night, all of the carts were closed. The night after that (a Friday night), the carts were closed again. Is Agent P gone? I hope not, or I hope they are going to update/implement a new adventure.

Can anyone tell me if Agent P and/or Pooh and Tigger are gone?

Okay, so I’ll finish up with the positives. I really enjoy seeing the updates, including Norway. We were unable to get FP for Frozen, so we’ll save it for another trip. The Anna & Elsa line is super short. They are not favorites for my children (yeah, surprising), but I like them, so we jumped in line (10 minutes). Funny to think about the 240 minute line we saw a few trips ago in MK.

I was happy to see that Matsuriza hasn’t gone away. We tried the new (to us) Canada show. While it’s better than the log show, it’s nothing compared to Off Kilter. Okay, so I snuck another disappointment into my post. While I’m at it, I have to say that I miss Mo Rockin’ too. =(

The crowds were scary low, even on Friday night.

A few other thoughts… The bathroom in Germany is installed incorrectly. The toilet paper dispensers were put on the wrong side of the stalls. The toilets are offset to the right to allow for the toilet paper to be installed on the left, but they put them on the right so you have to use the bathroom sideways (unless you want the toilet paper dispenser in your face). I’ve never noticed this before. Not sure if they were recently renovated???

LOVED seeing Baymax! Loved LOVED, the new Soarin’ ride. Disney Chase Visa line was always short. The children love that experience. The food in France (Bakery) is still my favorite (along with the prices). The larger variety of beer in America is great too!

Another side-note that my husband just mentioned... The squirrels were in our stroller eating food at least twice. We always bring our food and have never had this problem. I think it was the cocoa almonds that attracted them. They didn't touch our sandwiches or the smoked almonds. Next time I'll pack in something better than a Walmart bag.

Agent P is still there, but they close it down in the evening. Not sure of the exact time, but it is possible that you were just getting into the park too late to see it open. Pooh and Tigger are indeed gone.

I enjoyed the new show in Canada, and would have to rate it pretty close to Off Kilter, WAY better than the log show, and the previous music act.

Agent P is still there, but the carts close at 6pm
I guess we're going to have to change our routine and start getting there a little sooner. I know they have the option to download and play on your own phone. Has anyone done this? We didn't want to trust our phones to our kids, but if it will allow us to start the game after 6, I'd consider it.

There have been lots of reports of squirrels and birds stealing food from strollers lately. Smart little devils. Sounds like other than a few small glitches, you have a good trip.

I watched this on several occasions on our Feb trip this year - squirrels were hopping from one stroller to the next looking for snacks.

Pooh and Tigger no longer meet in Epcot. They left to make way for the meets for the Inside Out characters and Baymax and his team.
I wonder what they are going to do with Christopher Robins' room now? We loved that meet and greet. Baymax and Joy/Sadness are in Innoventions.

I wonder what they are going to do with Christopher Robins' room now? We loved that meet and greet. Baymax and Joy/Sadness are in Innoventions.
Correct. Baymax and the Inside Out characters meet in the character spot area.

The Pooh characters left to make way money-wise for the new Epcot characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter