World Series?

RedStars

DIS Veteran
So, I'm not jinxing it by saying who I'm rooting for but... HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, will the ships air the World Series?
We leave on Monday on the Dream and Game 1 will (could?) be Tuesday...

So, I'm not jinxing it by saying who I'm rooting for but... HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, will the ships air the World Series?

We were on the Fantasy during the superbowl and it was aired in a pub and in the movie theater. So I can't say for sure but there is a good chance.

They will absolutely be available to watch, it'll just be a matter of where (stateroom only, pub, Funnel Vision, etc). I was on for the college football national championship for one of the Alabama/Clemson games and it was shown in the pub and on Funnel Vision. I can certainly see this with that game and the Super Bowl but the World Series will be up to seven games. I would like to think they would show it on Funnel Vision but I could easily see that not being the case. But the ultimate answer to your question is yes, you'll be able to see it while on the boat. Just set your expectations to watch it from your room or the pub.

We have been on the ship during World Cup, Super Bowl and the Stanley Cup/NBA playoffs. The World Cup was on the funnel vision and some bars. The Super Bowl was on funnel vision, bars and in the stateroom. The stateroom might be hit or miss depending on cruise and tv rights. Stanley Cup was advertised in the Navigator as O’Gills but they never were able to pick up the feed for the two games scheduled during the week. There were more NBA playoff games but I do not know how many actually were shown. Expect them to make the effort.

They will absolutely try to show the games on the ship. However, there is no guarantee as sometimes they are not able to pick up the correct feeds.

My team made it so I hope they can pick up the feed! but if not, I'll console myself with a cocktail on the ship. lol

Ask the bartender to see the sports schedule for your sailing, they'll have a print out that shows when & where you'll be able to watch each event. I took a picture of it with my phone for reference this time last year aboard The Wonder.

We are just off the Wonder today. Both championship series were being shown on the TV in the room as well as in the Crown and Pub.

My team made it so I hope they can pick up the feed! but if not, I'll console myself with a cocktail on the ship. lol

I knew your team was going to make it to the World Series on April 20th I started a thread on here on the community board that the Red Sox is going to win the World Series. I’m not a Red Sox fan but I call it like I see it. Maybe after they win I will bump up the thread.back than they made my team the angels look like a minor league team. That series they held my hometown guy mike trout to 3 for 11 all singles. Just google Red Sox disboards if you want to check out the thread.

I spent one night watching game one of the Series last year then decided the sports bar was *not* where I wanted to spend my time. I couldn't even hear myself think.

Just off the Magic a couple of weeks ago and had a lot of Sea Days so did check out the television offerings. There was CNN and Fox News and I think one more news channel. MSNBC? The one with the stock market. Those were live. There was also a "Special Sports Channel" that wasn't on all the time but I saw a cricket game at one point while channel surfing. I was hoping they would show the Emmy Awards as a special but I guess it's just Sports. So you should be OK!

(Go Sox!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter