World Passport Collection

mandarna

Earning My Ears
I am a UK resident considering DVC. I am interested to hear from anyone who has visited any of the World Passport Collection resorts (particularly in Europe) as we would possibly be taking advantage of those with a trip to Orlando every 5 years or so.
Specifically I'd like to know whether the quality of the European resorts make it still worth considering DVC rather than an alternative.

We have a UK DVC forum so I am going to move this over there. :)

To be honest, if you are planning to go to WDW every five years, and hoping to use the points for vacations in Europe the rest of the time, you'll probably find that DVC represents poor value for money.

For me, DVC only makes financial sense if you are staying on DVC property regularly.

Yeah I agree that doesn't make much sense financially. You could consider a small contract and going every 3 years via banking/borrowing, but there's always a risk of the banking/borrowing facilities being removed.

We did an exchange to Devon a few years ago when there were more options nearer to home. We had no cash at the time so we needed somewhere cheap to travel to.

We used to use our DVC points in Disneyland Paris but now that is too prohibitive too.

We have also used our points for a Disney cruise.

We have 520 points and tend to go twice in a 12 months period and then leave it a few years and rent our points out in between.

susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter